Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
visualmanic

Post by visualmanic » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 5:29 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:hi ppl! it has been so long since i last log into the forum!!!

well... well... i finally graduate from STC last mth... have been flying for nearly a mth ler... i really miss all my batch mates badly... all the super nice trainers... ohhh... i miss those days in STC!!! it was so so so FUN! my batch mates and I cried like nobody business on our last day... haha...

good and bad things have happen... my flt can be damm good... with good pax and nice n frendly crews... i am like super happy thru out the flt working with such ppl... everything seems so easy n wonderful...

but of coz... i have the BAD times too!!! but thank god... so far only 1 bad flt... and it's my manchester flt... can u imagine... 14hrs onboard... all i can say to myself is ENDURE! hahaha... i got this senior... i think he just dun like me... so... every little things i do... sure get it from him... he will say very nasty things and give very sacartics comments... well... to me... left ear in right ear out... and just keep smiling... =) when u keep ur smile... dun show ur BLACK face... there is nothing much the seniors can do to u too... maybe just keep nagging n nagging non stop... so just ENDURE! hehe...

overall... FLYING has been great to me... i enjoy it alot... i am definitely a happier gal now then b4... working as a office gal from 8 to 5 everyday... boring! this job is wonderful... this minute i am working damm hard... the next minute i am in a foreign country enjoying myself... eating nice food... sight seeing, enjoying the weather n scenery and watever i can do... and most exciting is watching my bank grows... hahaha...

to all the ppl out there trying for the interview... if flying is really wat u want... go for it! dun give up so easily okay??? i myself try many times b4 i got thru too! so jiayou jiayou jiayou!
can i know how u go about applying the job?
cos it states interviews will be conducted on the 22nd,do i show up there with the application form and the rest of the documents?or should i submit the application somewhere ?

Yoshiaki

Post by Yoshiaki » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 5:38 pm

dreamygurl wrote:everybody saying bout losing weight. will they kick us out cause im too skinny? cause im having that prob! no matter how much i eat i cant get fat. and its really sad. when i was at my final round, they kept mentioning bout my skinny outlook, in a bad way? but they still passed me. im sooo scared during training ill be booted out.
Hey Dreamy :)

We are in similar position. Think lotsa pple will hate you for your statement above :) But I do understand your predicament. I was like 64kgs for about 8 yrs whilst hgt being about 183cm, so I had to do something drastic to my diet and workout and voila I am now 75kg :)

You will need to couple diet together with workout, so other den putting on some wgt you will be healtier too :)

Yoshi
Momento Mori

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 7:57 pm

visualmanic wrote: can i know how u go about applying the job?
cos it states interviews will be conducted on the 22nd,do i show up there with the application form and the rest of the documents?or should i submit the application somewhere ?
u just show up in office wear with ur app form and doc=) and some answers thought out in ur head, like why u wanna join and such=)

visualmanic

Post by visualmanic » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 7:59 pm

friendly rynn wrote:Its all depend on ur luck...not nescessary the pretty one or nice complexion will get in....u noe who u r...u create on ur mindset..if u tink u can be the one..then go ahead...but of course u must be well prepared of the outcome...i noe sum of them when get rejected they lose hope...n feel so sad...as long u go with open minded...n prepare for the worst...u will be fine...:) little bit worrying wun do harm hehehehe
hey rynn, have u got in?
how do i go about with this job?do i submit an application or come down on the 22nd with the application and the rest of the documents?plus
anyone out there trying this 22nd?
do hit me back
xoxo

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Re: ..

Post by catcrazy » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 7:59 pm

sunkissed08 wrote:Guys,

I need help.. I got some sort of a scar on one of my fingers.. Actuali it's more like a dead skin which is potruding.. bout de size of 5 cents coins but oval in shape.. i thought of wearing a plaster arouond it but i don;t know.. Will i get through after they see this?
dont wear a plaster. just leave it be.coz they may think its worse than it actually is. there was a girl in my grp during my first interviews who had sth similar from biting when she was young. she passed her kebaya and skin check no problem even tho they asked her abt it

visualmanic

Post by visualmanic » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 8:03 pm

catcrazy wrote:
visualmanic wrote: can i know how u go about applying the job?
u just show up in office wear with ur app form and doc=) and some answers thought out in ur head, like why u wanna join and such=)
thanks cat,
are u already with them?sorry if i ask so much...i have another problem too,i have scars on my hands (from projects i did back in sch)will it be detected under the bright lights even if i concealed them,i seen in an earlier post that u had scars too?

friendly rynn

Post by friendly rynn » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 8:58 pm

hi hi..

Me have not go in, but will be going for the sia interview tomorow morning, me send in online resume last month ...bit surprise when they sent me an email to come dwn to the cdc at changi...1001 feeling im having nw...hahaha..watever it is never pin too high hope, just hope i dun meet nasty n mean interviewer...:)
Peace out..:)

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 9:12 pm

visualmanic wrote: are u already with them?sorry if i ask so much...i have another problem too,i have scars on my hands (from projects i did back in sch)will it be detected under the bright lights even if i concealed them,i seen in an earlier post that u had scars too?
im awaiting my medical results now..im qte scared for tt=(

are they small scars?if they are not very visible or alot it shld be ok. i had a cat scratch across my wrist abt 5 cm long

dreamygurl

Post by dreamygurl » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:07 pm

fixyou, ill be starting on the 16th june. you?

Yoshiaki, can share with me on ya diet and workout regime? haha!

visualmanic

Post by visualmanic » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:47 pm

friendly rynn wrote:hi hi..

Me have not go in, but will be going for the sia interview tomorow morning, me send in online resume last month ...bit surprise when they sent me an email to come dwn to the cdc at changi...1001 feeling im having nw...hahaha..watever it is never pin too high hope, just hope i dun meet nasty n mean interviewer...:)
good luck to you! u send in online resume? to sia? how did u go about ?

friendly rynn

Post by friendly rynn » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:53 pm

they do have online resume but before they post out the dates for the walk in interview,
Peace out..:)

visualmanic

Post by visualmanic » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:59 pm

catcrazy wrote:
visualmanic wrote: are u already with them?sorry if i ask so much...i have another problem too,i have scars on my hands (from projects i did back in sch)will it be detected under the bright lights even if i concealed them,i seen in an earlier post that u had scars too?
im awaiting my medical results now..im qte scared for tt=(

are they small scars?if they are not very visible or alot it shld be ok. i had a cat scratch across my wrist abt 5 cm long
did u have them concealed?
mine are visible 1cm

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

HI

Post by calvink » Mon, 02 Jun 2008 11:31 pm

I personally have decided not to try for this position as i've tried for two years now.....

Failure after failure has made me realise to look for a 9 to 5 job which sounds more realistic to me....initially i was attracted by the 'glamorosity' of this job, having to travel all around the world, high pay added on your bank account.....

However, after two years of research, i have settle on a more feasible office job within my interest and work my way up till senior management ...though not paid as much as a starter but years down the road.. i know this is what i will pursue even though im selected as a cc one day, i will still quit and rather pursue the precious time learning the fact that cc is not the only career out there for me...the limitation of career path and experience as well as salary increment down the road.....

So good luck to all....God bless

visualmanic

Post by visualmanic » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:39 am

friendly rynn wrote:they do have online resume but before they post out the dates for the walk in interview,
i see,well good luck for tmrw,just be yourself and shoo away any butterflies in the tummy.

everytime im out of home i see planes.even out the window

visualmanic

anyone going on the 22nd?

Post by visualmanic » Tue, 03 Jun 2008 1:24 am

Was wondering if anyone wants to go together on the 22nd?