Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 4:43 pm

catcrazy wrote:
yummy-liz wrote:guys, i didnt pass the final round at the sia interview, that was because of my body weight issue too :???:
i dont think the body weight thing is that big an issue during management. it may be a contributing factor tho.my friend got thru and they told her to lose weight coz she was a bit fleshy.

management round i think they look for confidence in your speech and that u have really thought it out, that you really want this job and have realistic expectations and all
Exactly! body weight is not an issue during management round. but thats right i didnt get the job because of that, they said it. thats y i was kinda disappointed..but anyway.. perhaps it could be something else too of what i didnt get into.

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 4:45 pm

XiaoBao3 wrote:yummy-liz
have u try silkair?
XiaoBao3, nope, i havent tried, but i thought of trying before.. but i didnt check on silkair. u trying?

XiaoBao3

Post by XiaoBao3 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 5:25 pm

i might wan to try silkair also..
cos i think silkair is easier??? :???:
haha..
my cousin last time in silkair now in sia
so maybe i wanna try silkair first?

XiaoBao3

Post by XiaoBao3 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 5:27 pm

Angiezz wrote: The accepted BMI is <22 for girls.
Altho it's true that muscle mass can tip the scale more. As long as you look good & flattering in the kebaya, proportionate and shapely...being more voluptuous doesn't mean it will only work against you... :)

Last resort, work on flaunting and accentuating your nicer facial features etc. I've heard of girls being accepted, but requested to attain the acceptable BMI by the time they end training and start flying.

So don't lose heart & JY! :wink:
aiya.. way to go~~
i hope to squeeze through though..
hehe..
seems like hard huh.. but chicken pox scar is really sickening..
it wont go off no matter what..

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 5:45 pm

XiaoBao3 wrote:i might wan to try silkair also..
cos i think silkair is easier??? :???:
haha..
my cousin last time in silkair now in sia
so maybe i wanna try silkair first?
When is the interview for silkair?

XiaoBao3

Post by XiaoBao3 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 6:18 pm

yummy-liz wrote: When is the interview for silkair?
i dunno...:(

mspiggy

Post by mspiggy » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 6:39 pm

Hey gals,

May i wish you all the very best!... U will make it!! :)
I am overweight with thighs that are so big, they never fail to hug each other.... butt that is so wide, others tot im a mother of 2... duh... BUT... i still wanna give it a try.

XiaoBao3 wrote:
yummy-liz wrote:
I was kinda pissed they failed me at the final round due to body weight issue, they could have failed me during the kebaya round. I went all the way to singapore for that.. -sigh-

I dont think am that BIG, but yeah,,, compared to the girls, am a monster, hahahaha... am not giving up! trying really hard on my diet plan now.. suffer! i Love food!! :mad: I have 2 more months to go...

U lost 13kg, thats really good enough, dont over do it ^^ take care, btw, how did u lose that? :lol:
actually if we r a bit flashy as compared to the boney girls, we area already consider monster.. :lol:
i'm nt very demoralise about sized and weight cos if we have the determination, one day we will get in.. for ur case i understand.. all the way until the final round and get booted out due weight issue is really very disappointed.. but nonetheless, at least u manage to pull through the kebaya i dun think u are any where near the overweight side? cos like they say, if u look good in kebaya, u still can carry on. but until management round they boot u out due weight issue is really a bit........
nvm, continue to try..

for me, i cut down on food and exercise more and i'm nt shy to say i'm fat yet i'm still going for swim to burn calories cos i know bigger size girls dont like to be in swimsuit in the public but i dont really bother how people look at me so i manage to slim down a tiny bit... it's nt within a month but at least it went down rather fast.. i can say like a few months? like.. 3-4mnths? but the sad fact is that i have broad shoulder which i regret going swimming after that.. so i actually swim like once in a blue moon and jog more.. but i still overweight so i need to cut down.. even though people say i look ok but that's their kind comments.. for a girl, i'm belonging to the heavy weight side.. so no matter how hard i try, my weight will still stay.. haha.. even doc also cannot help.. but i start to wonder i got muscle mass as well or nt.. cos muscle become fats is rather scary..

the next up coming is on 22jun, me and my fren are giving it a try.. can or cannot we will continue to try until can.. haha..
be motivated and determine!

renn
Regular
Regular

Post by renn » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 6:39 pm

silkair interview was yesterday and today.

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 6:43 pm

mspiggy No worries! my legs are huge too ..hahaha

We shall never give up!!!!!!

well, i see i cant make it to silkair now..hahaha its over~

cant wait to go for sia again.. but actually abit lazy.hahahhaa

thesean76

Post by thesean76 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 7:58 pm

being a flight steward is not that glamorous as you guys think. the training is not that easy too. we have a lot to memorize etc. at the end of the day, you feel so tired but you gotta stay awake to study for the exams!

so you guys might want to think twice, unless if it's something you really want! i'm just waiting for my graduation day and start flying! grrrr

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 8:29 pm

Sean, which batch are you from?
I'm mugging for the exams which'll be on wed & thurs...
Can't wait till training's over too, although the 1st few solos can sound rather scary coz they always say "You're on your own now.".

Well, JY till then and all the best for your sep, fleet training & sny too... :)

thesean76

Post by thesean76 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 8:33 pm

974! which batch are you from? actually my batch is scheduled to attend the seniors graduation on the 4th of june. but i dont think it's your batch?

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 8:42 pm

That's prolly 95_...Mine's 969 so I'll still be ard till jul 22nd, u? :D

974...how's everythin so far, who're ur trainers? Have fun attending the ceremony and start planning for yours soon after that... :)

thesean76

Post by thesean76 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 8:47 pm

actually we attended 954 and 955's graduation on our first day in STC. 969... nice! you're way ahead. my batch mates are all really nice so i'm very happy with that! my trainer is ms lim =)

our graduation day is on the 14th of august, LONG way to go!

maybe we have greeted each other before as well along the corridors, just that we dont know each other. ;)

XiaoBao3

Post by XiaoBao3 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 9:10 pm

awww... so envy u girls.. :) :)
i wish i can pull through too..
wish us all the best..
who knows i might be the biggest size that day during interview..
hehe.. then remember to say hi to me, the biggest sized lady...