Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mastera7x
Regular
Regular

Post by mastera7x » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:03 pm

[/quote]

Imho that's a pretty dated assumption.

If talking abt SIA, they employ Indonesian-, Malaysian-, Indian- & etc -nationalities to be part of the crew. Partial reason being a bridge to minimise the language barriers. When having flights to countries like Indo, M'sia, India, HK, China, Japan, Korea & so many more, it helps if we have pple who are proficient in those mother tongues.
This is a service line after all.
I'd say that the cabin crew comprises a diverse range of ethnic backgrds.

Can't say the same for other occupations tho. Admittedly & especially in certain jobs related to national security, it seems that the ethnic bckgrd & nationality play an important part. Not impossible to get in, just alil tougher.[/quote]

what you said is also quite true.. as i read those threads that have been posted ... many of the users here have gone alot of times for the interview.. as not many first timers clear the interview stages..

then what will the interviewers think about people having countless attempts just to clear their interview...

tsk tsk tsk...

XiaoBao3

Post by XiaoBao3 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:05 pm

yummy-liz wrote:
I was kinda pissed they failed me at the final round due to body weight issue, they could have failed me during the kebaya round. I went all the way to singapore for that.. -sigh-

I dont think am that BIG, but yeah,,, compared to the girls, am a monster, hahahaha... am not giving up! trying really hard on my diet plan now.. suffer! i Love food!! :mad: I have 2 more months to go...

U lost 13kg, thats really good enough, dont over do it ^^ take care, btw, how did u lose that? :lol:
actually if we r a bit flashy as compared to the boney girls, we area already consider monster.. :lol:
i'm nt very demoralise about sized and weight cos if we have the determination, one day we will get in.. for ur case i understand.. all the way until the final round and get booted out due weight issue is really very disappointed.. but nonetheless, at least u manage to pull through the kebaya i dun think u are any where near the overweight side? cos like they say, if u look good in kebaya, u still can carry on. but until management round they boot u out due weight issue is really a bit........
nvm, continue to try..

for me, i cut down on food and exercise more and i'm nt shy to say i'm fat yet i'm still going for swim to burn calories cos i know bigger size girls dont like to be in swimsuit in the public but i dont really bother how people look at me so i manage to slim down a tiny bit... it's nt within a month but at least it went down rather fast.. i can say like a few months? like.. 3-4mnths? but the sad fact is that i have broad shoulder which i regret going swimming after that.. so i actually swim like once in a blue moon and jog more.. but i still overweight so i need to cut down.. even though people say i look ok but that's their kind comments.. for a girl, i'm belonging to the heavy weight side.. so no matter how hard i try, my weight will still stay.. haha.. even doc also cannot help.. but i start to wonder i got muscle mass as well or nt.. cos muscle become fats is rather scary..

the next up coming is on 22jun, me and my fren are giving it a try.. can or cannot we will continue to try until can.. haha..
be motivated and determine!

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:05 pm

mastera7x wrote:and that is from Singapore or KL ??

great personality.. as in .. good in public relations ?? as in.. very good communication skills..??

happy go lucky person???

haa
that was in KL ^^ great personality as in easy going. they dont like aggressive people. and u must always listen to people's opinion during the interview. its all about teamwork

mastera7x
Regular
Regular

Post by mastera7x » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:15 pm

hmmmm... as i realise.. the ones that are replying to my thread questions.. are females.. hmm... am i in the "female" air crew thread?

or its just majority are females in air cabin crew sector..?

sory to ask all these..

:oops:

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:17 pm

XiaoBao3 wrote:
yummy-liz wrote:
I was kinda pissed they failed me at the final round due to body weight issue, they could have failed me during the kebaya round. I went all the way to singapore for that.. -sigh-

I dont think am that BIG, but yeah,,, compared to the girls, am a monster, hahahaha... am not giving up! trying really hard on my diet plan now.. suffer! i Love food!! :mad: I have 2 more months to go...

U lost 13kg, thats really good enough, dont over do it ^^ take care, btw, how did u lose that? :lol:
actually if we r a bit flashy as compared to the boney girls, we area already consider monster.. :lol:
i'm nt very demoralise about sized and weight cos if we have the determination, one day we will get in.. for ur case i understand.. all the way until the final round and get booted out due weight issue is really very disappointed.. but nonetheless, at least u manage to pull through the kebaya i dun think u are any where near the overweight side? cos like they say, if u look good in kebaya, u still can carry on. but until management round they boot u out due weight issue is really a bit........
nvm, continue to try..

for me, i cut down on food and exercise more and i'm nt shy to say i'm fat yet i'm still going for swim to burn calories cos i know bigger size girls dont like to be in swimsuit in the public but i dont really bother how people look at me so i manage to slim down a tiny bit... it's nt within a month but at least it went down rather fast.. i can say like a few months? like.. 3-4mnths? but the sad fact is that i have broad shoulder which i regret going swimming after that.. so i actually swim like once in a blue moon and jog more.. but i still overweight so i need to cut down.. even though people say i look ok but that's their kind comments.. for a girl, i'm belonging to the heavy weight side.. so no matter how hard i try, my weight will still stay.. haha.. even doc also cannot help.. but i start to wonder i got muscle mass as well or nt.. cos muscle become fats is rather scary..

the next up coming is on 22jun, me and my fren are giving it a try.. can or cannot we will continue to try until can.. haha..
be motivated and determine!

Yeah, i didnt feel that angry, its just like u said..disappointed. But am gonna try again but this time not in singapore anymore. I wanna try back home in indonesia or malaysia. Good luck for 22june!^^ Is this ur first time?

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:20 pm

mastera7x wrote:hmmmm... as i realise.. the ones that are replying to my thread questions.. are females.. hmm... am i in the "female" air crew thread?

sory to ask all these..

hahaha you are funny! :D i think its just girls spend more time looking on this kinda thing to talk. haha... but alot of males too work as cabin crews. Anyway my friend is working in emirates. If u really want to know more, i could help u. ^^ [email protected]. this is my email.

XiaoBao3

Post by XiaoBao3 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:22 pm

yummy-liz wrote:
Yeah, i didnt feel that angry, its just like u said..disappointed. But am gonna try again but this time not in singapore anymore. I wanna try back home in indonesia or malaysia. Good luck for 22june!^^ Is this ur first time?
yup.. though i heard alot..
so i was motivated and decide to cut down before going..
so more or less understand the process and i will give it a try..
if they find me too fat then no choice gotta work harder.. hehe.
singapore is strict on everything but they dont state in the req.
hai...

mastera7x
Regular
Regular

Post by mastera7x » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:27 pm

yummy-liz wrote:
mastera7x wrote:hmmmm... as i realise.. the ones that are replying to my thread questions.. are females.. hmm... am i in the "female" air crew thread?

sory to ask all these..

hahaha you are funny! :D i think its just girls spend more time looking on this kinda thing to talk. haha... but alot of males too work as cabin crews. Anyway my friend is working in emirates. If u really want to know more, i could help u. ^^ [email protected]. this is my email.

haha.. thanks for the sense of humour... does that mean am i eligible for a air steward..? or another clown/joker down the block..?

haha.. just joking..

hmm .. is your email.. strictly for email or could add ya to the messenger system??

get it?

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:27 pm

XiaoBao3 wrote:
yummy-liz wrote:
yup.. though i heard alot..
so i was motivated and decide to cut down before going..
so more or less understand the process and i will give it a try..
if they find me too fat then no choice gotta work harder.. hehe.
singapore is strict on everything but they dont state in the req.
hai...
yeah, u should give a try, even if we dont make it, its just gonna be another experience. So we can work harder on it. thats what am thinkin too. hehe. FIGHT for it!

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:29 pm

mastera7x wrote:
yummy-liz wrote:

sory to ask all these..

haha.. thanks for the sense of humour... does that mean am i eligible for a air steward..? or another clown/joker down the block..?

haha.. just joking..

hmm .. is your email.. strictly for email or could add ya to the messenger system??

get it?
Thats for msn too. ^^

XiaoBao3

Post by XiaoBao3 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:31 pm

yummy-liz
have u try silkair?

mastera7x
Regular
Regular

Post by mastera7x » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:37 pm

yummy-liz wrote:
mastera7x wrote:
yummy-liz wrote: hahaha you are funny! :D i think its just girls spend more time looking on this kinda thing to talk. haha... but alot of males too work as cabin crews. Anyway my friend is working in emirates. If u really want to know more, i could help u. ^^ [email protected]. this is my email.

haha.. just joking..

get it?
Thats for msn too. ^^

arrr..righht.. added ya in .. !

thanks.. just awaiting your acceptance..

hmm.. :D

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 3:33 pm

XiaoBao3 wrote:
yummy-liz wrote:guys, i didnt pass the final round at the sia interview, that was because of my body weight issue too :???:
continue to slim down and u might pass one day?
be motivated yummy-liz!!
sure u can make it one..

some with high BMI but their appearance is like normal BMI also can get in..
jiayou!

**look at the mirror**
seems like i must go do some soul research and shake off some weight..
let's be motivated.. but i try so hard and only manage to put off 13kg.. and stuck here. duh..........
so angry... why i have heavier bone mass? :mad:
The accepted BMI is <22 for girls.
Altho it's true that muscle mass can tip the scale more. As long as you look good & flattering in the kebaya, proportionate and shapely...being more voluptuous doesn't mean it will only work against you... :)

Last resort, work on flaunting and accentuating your nicer facial features etc. I've heard of girls being accepted, but requested to attain the acceptable BMI by the time they end training and start flying.

So don't lose heart & JY! :wink:

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 3:59 pm

whitepetals wrote:hey catcrazy...

can u elaborate in detail what kind of scars u have on ur wrist? i have 2 little round scars on my wrist as well, its kinda reddish now but im doing all i can to lighten it... even if i conceal it still can see a weeny bit. how??

my scars arent very big but its just 2 little red dots on my wrist :( the other time when i went for the sia interview in march it was a new wound, and i guess thats why i didnt get in. so depressing! :(
it was a cat scratch. damaged the dermis qte badly even to it didnt bleed so it scarred. and it looked qte emo-fied too=P

try rubbing on Vit E oil. i used the garnier dark spot corrector pen. helped a bit esp during the day when i cldnt put the vit e oil on. try testing out various combos of ur foundation and concealers, esp if u have a few concealers. i had to use white powder to set my concealer coz my wrist is too pale.

what did u get ur scars from anyway?

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 4:03 pm

yummy-liz wrote:guys, i didnt pass the final round at the sia interview, that was because of my body weight issue too :???:
i dont think the body weight thing is that big an issue during management. it may be a contributing factor tho.my friend got thru and they told her to lose weight coz she was a bit fleshy.

management round i think they look for confidence in your speech and that u have really thought it out, that you really want this job and have realistic expectations and all