Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mspiggy

Post by mspiggy » Fri, 30 May 2008 9:05 pm

Yup yup... pls add me.. shall chat later!! :)
friendly rynn wrote:might as well we chat thru msn rite...me add u oky girl?

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sat, 31 May 2008 3:18 am

Hi, How long exactly we have to wait to go for another interview if we didnt make it for the final round which is the management interview. Is it really have to be exactly 3 months from the final interview date? I'm stuck n desperate for this job :( Anyone willing to help me plz. Thanks alot guys

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Sat, 31 May 2008 6:32 am

yummy-liz wrote:Hi, How long exactly we have to wait to go for another interview if we didnt make it for the final round which is the management interview. Is it really have to be exactly 3 months from the final interview date? I'm stuck n despe
rate for this job :( Anyone willing to help me plz. Thanks alot guys
2mths. i duno if it has to be exactly but i think a few days shldnt matter? but can confirm that=P

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sat, 31 May 2008 8:57 am

From what I know is if you fail at management round only got ban for 3 months cannot go for intervew. If fail at the round before management round still can try it every month when they have interview right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Sat, 31 May 2008 10:25 am

cythx wrote:From what I know is if you fail at management round only got ban for 3 months cannot go for intervew. If fail at the round before management round still can try it every month when they have interview right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
my friend failed at management. when she called up to check, they said 2mth ban

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sat, 31 May 2008 1:04 pm

Hi, thanks for replying :D

From what i heard its 3 months as well, but am not sure too. If its really 2 months thats really good news to me. Do u guys think there gonna be any recruitment in july? :???:

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sat, 31 May 2008 1:54 pm

yummy-liz, they are going to have walk-in every month in Singapore. So don't worried too much. You can try it again. :)
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sat, 31 May 2008 3:39 pm

hm~ actually i was thinking of trying the interview in indonesia or malaysia this time. Cos the last time i did was in singapore, and it was tougher there. I hope they still recruit people by the time my 3 months period are over :?

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sat, 31 May 2008 5:33 pm

yummy-liz, don't worried... They will have interview every month until end of this year. :D

yummy-liz

Post by yummy-liz » Sat, 31 May 2008 6:18 pm

cythx wrote:yummy-liz, don't worried... They will have interview every month until end of this year. :D
Really?? thats really good to hear :D hey, do u realise we talk in 2 different topic room.. :lol: btw, am elise, U?

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sat, 31 May 2008 8:05 pm

yummy-liz, I'm Adrienne... Ya I notice it... both also SIA.... just one for Singapore and one for Malaysia walk-in...

mastera7x
Regular
Regular

Post by mastera7x » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:40 am

Greetings to all of you...!

I'm new here... and wish to know more about being a Steward..

Although I'm just a student from SP right now...

I just wanna research on the preliminary stages on becoming a cabin crew...

I take a look at the application form...

one of the questions that catch my attention was as this following...

"6. Have you any visible scars, birthmarks and/or pigment spots on your face, neck, hands and lower arms?"

what exactly does it mean ..??? so they also consider our overall looks???

that means whoever has these marks.. will have a very little chance to get through the interview or become an air cabin crew..??

I just need to know some hard facts from you guys...

thanks in advance !

-Khai-

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:53 am

mastera7x wrote:Greetings to all of you...!

I'm new here... and wish to know more about being a Steward..

Although I'm just a student from SP right now...

I just wanna research on the preliminary stages on becoming a cabin crew...

I take a look at the application form...

one of the questions that catch my attention was as this following...

"6. Have you any visible scars, birthmarks and/or pigment spots on your face, neck, hands and lower arms?"

what exactly does it mean ..??? so they also consider our overall looks???

that means whoever has these marks.. will have a very little chance to get through the interview or become an air cabin crew..??

I just need to know some hard facts from you guys...

thanks in advance !

-Khai-
you just need to look pleasant. the scars thing they are more anal but if you are a guy it may be easier coz ure arms and neck is mostly covered by the blazer. face must be pretty good condition.

i passed my skin check round even though i have freckles and a scar on my wrist. but im also a girl la..so can cover a bit with make up=P

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:59 am

Yes, it's widely known that they do screen us on how presentable we look.
They won't be as strict on the facial-condition part in contrast to the female applicants but as far as it's known, no cabin crew parades around with a visible dark scar on their body (especially parts not covered by the uniform).

If a kabaya can't hide a pigmentation, try concealing it. It's also advisable for those with facial scars to lightly conceal them. No need for perfect skin but no harm increasing your chances of passing.

Will you be trying out at the walk-in come 22nd Jun? All the best if so! :)

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:59 am

hey catcrazy...

can u elaborate in detail what kind of scars u have on ur wrist? i have 2 little round scars on my wrist as well, its kinda reddish now but im doing all i can to lighten it... even if i conceal it still can see a weeny bit. how??

my scars arent very big but its just 2 little red dots on my wrist :( the other time when i went for the sia interview in march it was a new wound, and i guess thats why i didnt get in. so depressing! :(
Last edited by whitepetals on Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.