Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
catherine89

Post by catherine89 » Fri, 30 May 2008 12:34 am

thanks guys! im nt afraid of the water just that i didnt think of learning it. (: guess ive to start planning nw.

ive this friend who's still in 3rd yr poly went for last mth interview. she passed every round but she can only graduate next march so they allowed her to go for just final interview after graduation.

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Fri, 30 May 2008 12:59 am

Sokeai wrote:
catcrazy wrote: o man!mine is only 2 weeks and i said il start on 10th July. crap. but if i get rejected then they'll just send the letter soon right?=(
Hmm, i know some people got their rejection letters pretty late, so i'm not exactly sure how long it takes for them to mail out =\
how late is late?=/

friendly rynn

Post by friendly rynn » Fri, 30 May 2008 1:02 am

u have to check it out with them, i have a fren currently nw she had join sia, they miss her out, when my fren cal tthem to check her status then they realise they miss her out...lucky my fren check...so i tink beta call n check ur status...
Peace out..:)

mspiggy

Post by mspiggy » Fri, 30 May 2008 2:10 pm

Hi Rynn,

I got the email too from them. Are u going?

friendly rynn wrote:i gt mail from sia to go interview this 3rd june at cdc located at changi...hmmm was surprise actually, anybody gt any mail? wat do they check n ask?

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Fri, 30 May 2008 4:18 pm

anyone went for todays 930am briefing?=)

fixyou

Post by fixyou » Fri, 30 May 2008 4:54 pm

Hi catcrazy, is it a pre-employment briefing that you attended? it's weird cos we went for the april's walk-in and got selected but there ain't any pre-employment briefing. can someone advise why is that so?

Btw, catcrazy, can i know thow much one has to pay if they were to break the bond? and whether or not is it pro-rated? thanks!
be my escapade.

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Fri, 30 May 2008 5:02 pm

fixyou wrote:Hi catcrazy, is it a pre-employment briefing that you attended? it's weird cos we went for the april's walk-in and got selected but there ain't any pre-employment briefing. can someone advise why is that so?

Btw, catcrazy, can i know thow much one has to pay if they were to break the bond? and whether or not is it pro-rated? thanks!
i dont know why the april intake didnt have. maybe its so they can scare you about breaking bond before u sign=P

$13.2k, pro-rated.4 mths training + 18 mths flying(includes 6 mth probation).

consider carefully and make sure u really want this before u sign the bond. if you decide after 3 weeks of training beign a CC aint cut out for u and u break the bond, u must still pay. happened to one guy apparently=/

fixyou

Post by fixyou » Fri, 30 May 2008 5:13 pm

so when will the fees for breaking of bond be pro rated from? after 6 mths probation or after the 4 mths training?

sorry for asking so many questions cos apparently i called mary up but she said there's no pre employment briefing. She merely asked us to read the contract.
oh a guy broke the bond after 3 weeks? thats pretty bad.

when you starting training catcrazy? :)
be my escapade.

sunkissed08

Thanks~

Post by sunkissed08 » Fri, 30 May 2008 5:17 pm

Hie there..

Thanks for replying my query. Anyway, i tried once on 25th May but i didn't get through the 1st round. I guess i was too nervous because suddenly i realised i'm the 1st girl in my group. So i screwed up big time, stumbling on my words and all.. I guess that is why i'm not chosen.

Well, i'm going again for the next opening which i checked was on 22nd June.. Hopefully i am prepared this time.. :wink:

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Fri, 30 May 2008 5:27 pm

fixyou wrote:so when will the fees for breaking of bond be pro rated from? after 6 mths probation or after the 4 mths training?

sorry for asking so many questions cos apparently i called mary up but she said there's no pre employment briefing. She merely asked us to read the contract.
oh a guy broke the bond after 3 weeks? thats pretty bad.

when you starting training catcrazy? :)
prorated from start i think.

i dont know yet. still waiting for my medical results=( m quite scared for that. you?

fixyou

Post by fixyou » Fri, 30 May 2008 5:32 pm

most of the pple will be able to clear medical checkup. did the doc asked you to do more scans? for my round of girls, alot including me were told to do extra ultrasound which is at our own expense. ):

starting training in June. don't worry too much, you will receive a call soon :)
be my escapade.

catcrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by catcrazy » Fri, 30 May 2008 5:33 pm

fixyou wrote:most of the pple will be able to clear medical checkup. did the doc asked you to do more scans? for my round of girls, alot including me were told to do extra ultrasound which is at our own expense. ):

starting training in June. don't worry too much, you will receive a call soon :)
i had to do the ultrasound too!!!!did those girls get in!?! im freaking scared la!!esp coz they had to call in second geographer ='(

friendly rynn

Post by friendly rynn » Fri, 30 May 2008 6:25 pm

hi hi..misspiggy,

yep me going, wana go together? me dun noe the place too...pm me k

mspiggy

Post by mspiggy » Fri, 30 May 2008 6:50 pm

Hey rynn,

Am not able to pm you due not enough postings. Can you pls drop me an email [email protected] then we can discuss further? Thanks!

friendly rynn wrote:hi hi..misspiggy,

yep me going, wana go together? me dun noe the place too...pm me k

friendly rynn

Post by friendly rynn » Fri, 30 May 2008 6:53 pm

might as well we chat thru msn rite...me add u oky girl?