Singapore Expats

PR Process- 3+ Months

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singapore_pr

PR Process- 3+ Months

Post by singapore_pr » Mon, 26 May 2008 5:24 pm

Hi Pals,

I submitted my PR application in the month of FEB and yet to get a response from ICA , I heared the application whose outcome within 3months is successful.Is it so , am worried . Is there any similiar friends whose application is taking more than 3 months ? Any comment/advise would be greatly appreciated , thank you all :( [/b]

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 27 May 2008 12:23 am

Submitted in Feb and heard back in 2 months

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

Post by kimtaymour » Tue, 27 May 2008 4:49 am

Well I know my friend's friend who applied for PR after being in Singapore for 3 or 4 months (around that) and she got rejected , according to her reason being not much residence status (as in she didn't stay enough yet, btw she is an indonesian chinese_ Thoug am not sur if the Gov. tells the reason

Better to go for it after 6 months and 9 month to be in the safe side.
A friend of mine got it done after 6 month of stay

Again that will depend on your education and experience ifyour a high calibre person then that shouldn't be a problem I guess

Will pray for you for the best incha allah
Best Record with the Most EP Rejected

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jeppo » Tue, 27 May 2008 11:00 am

It varies from case to case, it took me 1 month to get it, but I have a friend who took 6 months.

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

Post by kimtaymour » Wed, 28 May 2008 12:25 am

Jeppo thats' Awesoooome .. woow you serious .. man congrats.. I believe you should be a high prifle person , a professional in a specfic field ya ..

Can you tell what your higher education and speicalised in which field?

Also I jut wanna drop this jsut in case anyone came across it does others nationality have a higher chance to get the PR like europeans aussies us, canada, etc... ?
Best Record with the Most EP Rejected

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Superglide » Wed, 28 May 2008 12:30 am

Rumour is ICA selects on spelling.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jeppo » Wed, 28 May 2008 9:13 am

kimtaymour wrote:Jeppo thats' Awesoooome .. woow you serious .. man congrats.. I believe you should be a high prifle person , a professional in a specfic field ya ..

Can you tell what your higher education and speicalised in which field?
I don't believe my qualifications had anything to do with it.
kimtaymour wrote:Also I jut wanna drop this jsut in case anyone came across it does others nationality have a higher chance to get the PR like europeans aussies us, canada, etc... ?
Let's put it this way, I'm a white Aussie and my friend is a native Indonesian, make of it what you will...

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 28 May 2008 9:18 am

Jeppo wrote:Let's put it this way, I'm a white Aussie and my friend is a native Indonesian, make of it what you will...
did your friend spell checked his application form? :P

BakuTeh

Post by BakuTeh » Wed, 28 May 2008 6:58 pm

durain wrote:
Jeppo wrote:Let's put it this way, I'm a white Aussie and my friend is a native Indonesian, make of it what you will...
did your friend spell checked his application form? :P
does it really matter? :o :o

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 28 May 2008 7:10 pm

which bit? :roll:

singapore_pr

Post by singapore_pr » Wed, 28 May 2008 9:40 pm

Hi Pals,

Thanks for your inputs/suggestion , any other to share their experience and views , thank you all once again

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 28 May 2008 10:55 pm

So, ICA has been very busy lately, very busy, so could just be a processing delay.

But, you haven't provided much information to make a judgment call. How long have you been in Singapore? What level of employment pass do you have? How would you characterize your future earnings potential.

It is important to remember that unlike the US, for example, a PR is a form of economic status. What it says is that the govt believes you will be a net contributor to the economy, pay your taxes, etc.

singapore_pr

Post by singapore_pr » Thu, 29 May 2008 10:37 am

Hi Strong Eagle ,

I am here for past 1 year and 10 months holding a Q1 , is there any chance for me ? Moreover some of my family members are as PR , thanks

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 30 May 2008 12:23 am

singapore_pr wrote:Hi Strong Eagle ,

I am here for past 1 year and 10 months holding a Q1 , is there any chance for me ? Moreover some of my family members are as PR , thanks
Family members I don't believe are considered any influence, and may also be considered negative, only spouse gets priority!
My personal thought is that it is based on several factors, like if you are married or not, your age, qualifications and what are you likely to contribute to Singapore in terms of experience and other factors. if you are very young, under 25, I wouldn't be surprised if you had to wait several years. I guess it also depends which Country you are coming from too, so there is much to take into consideration. If you have not heard, i would just submit again after 6 months.