Singapore Expats

Buying a house or rent room

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Lance ank

Buying a house or rent room

Post by Lance ank » Sat, 24 May 2008 3:40 pm

Hello i am newbie here,

now i am 21 yr old ORD in 2nd of june, i wish to buy a house or rent room if possable, so that i can leave my family problem, and wish make my own living if possable. and now i looking for part timer job, in www.jobcentral.com.sg

everthing go outside now is very new. and most importan is i wish to apply a house or a room for me to living as i work.

i wonder how to buying a housing and rent a room, and which proccess i must go on.

Search By

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 24 May 2008 6:03 pm

well, if you mean house as in private house, i don't think a young person will qualify for a loan without at least one (major) guarantor.

the same probably applies to a condo. so that leaves HDB apartments. in this case, i strongly recommend you take a trip to toa payoh HDB hub for such enquiries.

there're people there who get paid to answer all queries HDB-related plus they print official-looking and often glossy phamplets and brochures for people to take home.

because you're 21, it might suit you better to rent right now, since you need to qualify to get a that HDB flat... (marriage/over35/parent/CPF/etc) i don't have all the facts.

nevertheless, it should be easy to rent a place. dig around the classified sections here OR with your 60c (is it still 60c?) copy of straits times. i can't remember which days have the most property listings.

if that's not good enough, you can otherwise leaf through free copies at hotel lobbies or cafes. you may want to get a job first so you rent a place near work.

lastly, i think you're posting this in the wrong place... but good luck with your job hunt!

p/s: just in case you have serious money on hand for a house or condo, you're STILL posting this in the wrong place. talk to your banker.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Sat, 24 May 2008 7:22 pm

i suspect the OP is trying to advertise the website jobcentral coz the story just doesnt add up.

any sane person will know that you need a big collateral before you can buy a property. this is singapore where properties are expensive, not some run down country where you can buy a house with your credit card coz they are so cheap!

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 24 May 2008 7:27 pm

that thought had crossed my mind, but well, i might as well dish out some as there ain't much i can do about it. ; )

quack quack!