Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 19 May 2008 1:59 am

applehearts wrote:
aadvark wrote:
applehearts wrote:hmm.. i'll be going to tokai soon for tipplasty and alarplasty.. 2 more weeks.. any recommendations what are the necessities that i'll need to bring? think i'll be bringing vitamin c.. anything i need to keep a lookout for? i'll be travelling by myself, hopefully everything would be safe and the days will past soon..
haha, let me repeat my oft-repeated recommendations. For faster recovery, you might wanna get sineech from Rachel. Do a google on it :)

Other than that, pineapples to reduce swelling and papayas to fight infection. Keep wounds clean and get plenty of sleep. No alcohol and cigarettes

hahas aadvark i know you must be very pek chek :P think you repeat 1000 times liao :D no la, do i need to bring any extra cleaning stuff? in case the supplies given by tokai not enough.. ;)
dun think so, tokai supplies more stuff than nara, so u shld be safe :)
make sure dr pat sits down with u and tells u in detail. boii18 said dr pat even showed him projected pictures, so make sure u be demanding, because dr pat has this bad habit of treating diff patients differently, so just in case u not in luck, then u better demand the same treatment he gave other ppl!
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 19 May 2008 2:19 am

i remember seeing a post asking me abt veneers and my research so far... but cannot find it anymore. oh well, anyway, if using the cheapest porcelain veneer (prob Empress; please dun consider the cheaper fake-looking composite veneers), it wld be around 350-400 SGD per tooth.

i've checked more than 10 thai dental sites, even those in phuket and chiangmai, all abt the same, so i guess it can't get any cheaper than that. if anyone does know of a good and cheaper place, please do share with us :)

e.g. http://www.silomdental.com

iwantobebeautiful

Post by iwantobebeautiful » Tue, 20 May 2008 8:45 pm

Hi Aadvark,
when are you going to have your buccal fats removal and who is ur doc? I have been thinking of doing this surgery, but i cannot find anyone who had done it and share their experience with me. So, I have some reservation. Do you mind sharing with me more on your research?

As for dimples, even after recovery, is it true that u can still see 2 deep holes on ur face, irregardless u smile or not?
cheers... iwtbb

leav

Post by leav » Tue, 20 May 2008 9:28 pm

aadvark wrote:
make sure dr pat sits down with u and tells u in detail. boii18 said dr pat even showed him projected pictures, so make sure u be demanding, because dr pat has this bad habit of treating diff patients differently, so just in case u not in luck, then u better demand the same treatment he gave other ppl!
i agree with addvark, must ask him to explain to u cos he treat diff ppl diff u must really know what u want,

Anyways, anyone knows the price of smart lipo at NARA? singapore docs are charging 2000 SGD for under the chin. is a little too ex right

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 21 May 2008 12:23 am

leav wrote:
aadvark wrote:
i agree with addvark, must ask him to explain to u cos he treat diff ppl diff u must really know what u want,

Anyways, anyone knows the price of smart lipo at NARA? singapore docs are charging 2000 SGD for under the chin. is a little too ex right
nara only does tumescent lipo, very old-sch, and it's 10k baht per area

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 21 May 2008 12:28 am

iwantobebeautiful wrote:Hi Aadvark,
when are you going to have your buccal fats removal and who is ur doc? I have been thinking of doing this surgery, but i cannot find anyone who had done it and share their experience with me. So, I have some reservation. Do you mind sharing with me more on your research?

As for dimples, even after recovery, is it true that u can still see 2 deep holes on ur face, irregardless u smile or not?
i've already done the buccal fat pad removal in mar when i did my jaw implants. Was done at Tokai. Don't have a price to quote because i bargained for a package price for buccal fat pad and jaw implants together (40k baht).

for dimples, the 2 holes will show regardless of whether u smile ONLY AT THE START. haha, after full recovery, they behave like normal dimples, only show when u smile :D

littlepills

Post by littlepills » Wed, 21 May 2008 1:21 pm

hi aadvark, can share with me your research on jaw shaving??
have your friend had it done already?

rosegarden

Post by rosegarden » Wed, 21 May 2008 1:35 pm

Sungho wrote:Hey guys... im approaching my surgery with Dr Nara in june 12/13

BUT

I don't know where can i exchange my SGD to bahts for reasonable rate.

:shock:

Can someone enlighten me please =D

Btw im taking a flight there...
Hi~ Juz returned fr Hatyai last Sat, if u u're taking a flight u can change yr S$ to Thai baht at the Bangkok airport. The rate is 23.18 (S$ to Thai baht)since i last saw at the TMB Bank money exchange counter. That's the best rate that i've encountered, even in Sing also dun have. If u're returning by flight to Sing u can also exchange yr Thai baht to S$ there. I manage to change back my unused Thai baht to S$ at 23.85~ The ex rate damn gd at Bkk airport.

shirlyn_2009

Post by shirlyn_2009 » Wed, 21 May 2008 4:49 pm

aadvark wrote:
shirlyn_2009 wrote:Hmm.. i want to try lipo...on tummy. .what are the price..but i go youtube see the video like very scary leh. .. first time touching on PS..any advice ? :oops: :(
price depends on whom you go to. surgery is not gory la, painful maybe, but def not gory for the person undergoing surgery. You dun get to see yourself being cut open etc, there is anaesthetic for the pain anyway.
Hmm..how will you gauge the pain level ? say 10 the most ? haiz you going dec rite?maybe i can go with you i do lipo..?still scare scare..you have frenster or msn can add u ?Thanks alot for the valuable advice. =) :D

rosegarden

Post by rosegarden » Wed, 21 May 2008 5:51 pm

Juz went to the GP near my house to remove my thigh stitches. Learnt sth new fr my GP todae. He said that for lower body stitches, you've to wait for at least 14 days for the skin to heal nicely then remove the stitches. For stomach, at least 7 days and face at least 5 days. If u remove yr stitches earlier, the wound might juz open and bleeding would occur and the scar would be oval shape rather than a thin line. I did my lipo last Tues so it's only for 7 days. But i still went ahead and remove my stitches cause i'm busy. Also, the dr commented that i have infection on my wound. If u see there are tiny red dots at the stitches where the thread went through and the wound area is red, there's infection. I did not finish the antibotics that Dr Nara prescribe so it's my fault. For those who have to remove stitches, do take note. :)

rosegarden

Post by rosegarden » Wed, 21 May 2008 5:58 pm

Hi Suuz, i'm back fr my lipo at Dr Nara last Sat. It's a wasted trip because i only manage to did lipo for my thighs. Haiz, actually Dr Nara agreed to do 3 areas for me, upper arms, tummy and upper outer thighs. He decided to do my thighs first. The swelling was so bad that i couldn't walk to the clinic to do my other areas the next day. So for the remaining days i could only stay in my hotel room as i have difficulty walking. So a reminder for those who wanna do lipo on more than one area, pls insist on doing yr arms and stomach first, leave yr thighs to the last day, if not u'll find it a wasted trip juz like me.

iwantobebeautiful

Post by iwantobebeautiful » Wed, 21 May 2008 10:17 pm

Hi Aadvark,
how long u took to recover fm ur surgery? Was it really swollen n painful after e ops? It can easily cost more than 3k in sgd! Im so excited, :D I finally found some1 who had done it. Can u share with me more abt e surgery pls... r u operated inside ur mouth? n u got e chiselle look u wan? :D

aadvark wrote:
iwantobebeautiful wrote:Hi Aadvark,

i've already done the buccal fat pad removal in mar when i did my jaw implants. Was done at Tokai. Don't have a price to quote because i bargained for a package price for buccal fat pad and jaw implants together (40k baht).

for dimples, the 2 holes will show regardless of whether u smile ONLY AT THE START. haha, after full recovery, they behave like normal dimples, only show when u smile :D
cheers... iwtbb

shadydoll

Re: boobs

Post by shadydoll » Wed, 21 May 2008 11:19 pm

kogal87 wrote:
shadydoll wrote:
kogal87 wrote:where should i get my boob job done?
i want something reliable yet cheap...
i heard dr nara's boob job not very safe...
where's the next cheapest alternative?
any kind soul please share?
thanks in advance
=)
hey kogal87, where did u hear that Dr Nara's boob job isn't very safe?
i've scanned all 150+ pges, only 1 or 2 individuals have done BA, and its with dr nara. They seem relatively pleased. Abit apprehensive by ur comments bout him as i've booked appt for boob job with him in early June. Also going for consultation w Tokai and Yoskarn on the same day.

Any comments/feedback from someone who has done BA successfully in BKK? Hmm... seems like BA is not v common compared to rhino/eyes/lipo. Not enough being said here for one to feel safe...

Thanks in advance!

Hi, im NOT trying to ruin dr nara's reputation, as i have been to him before, and im satisfied with his work.
BUT my friend unfortunately had to remove her breast implants (done by nara) cuz of infection, that's why im worried...
its because of this that i dunno if i should do my BA with nara or not...(though i really feel like, cuz its the cheapeast?)
dear shadydoll, how much is dr nara quoting you for BA? and from what size to what size?
thanks

dear aavark, thanks for your reply...
i heard its just a 5 min procedure? any down-time or swelling of face?
also, do u know if i can get it done locally, and for what price?
thanks in advance

=)
Hi Kogal87,

Not saying u are, cuz i'm totally a 'virgin' to this, at least u had some experience w Nara.:) Anyway, i haven't even consulted him yet, and his nurse could only manage to book a 12 June slot for me (for op as well), and this is far too late as i planned my leave till 13 June. So mayb i gotta turn to Yoskarn/Tokai which is far more exp and has zero positive feedback here with rgds to BA. Sigh! Such a dilemma la.

Fyi, Tokai quoted me 80k baht and Yoskarn $2980 (USD i presume). Nara 43k baht. Going up by 2 cup sizes.

Yanhee hasn't even replied me, i think their biz too gd..

HOpefully for BA, do anywhr also yields the same result, juz the difference in post-op care, facilities and maybe service? hahah

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Wed, 21 May 2008 11:24 pm

Hmm.. Liposuction is classify under high risk procedure as death rates for lipostuction are quite high as compare to other surgery. Do anyone know what are the cause for liposuction death? Could it be due to GA or too much fat been taken out.. Im considering going to nara for lipo so i think its better to clear my doubts first.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 22 May 2008 12:08 am

FlyingMice wrote:Hmm.. Liposuction is classify under high risk procedure as death rates for lipostuction are quite high as compare to other surgery. Do anyone know what are the cause for liposuction death? Could it be due to GA or too much fat been taken out.. Im considering going to nara for lipo so i think its better to clear my doubts first.
if not wrong, it's cause of too much fat taken out. Can't remember where i read it, you will have to google more on it, but the gist is: your heart pumps blood around your body based on amt of fat, wgt etc... when u lipo a lot of fat out, u create an imbalance... something along that line, maybe someone else would like to give a more accurate explanation :P