Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
simhorse77

Please can you help me

Post by simhorse77 » Mon, 17 Jan 2005 9:20 am

hello im 17 yrs old male from perth western australia

i flew with sia last year to london

i love the air hostess and love the airline

i am wanting to be part of the international cabin crew however qantas has a height requirments i love sia and would love to be part of thier crew

this year at school i am going doing a traineeship in hospitalty and i am learning japanese and work part time in a customer service and have a passion for people and love flying

i am finding it hard to get any answers or help from any airlines and i would really love to be sia flight steward can you help me ??

if you want to email me [email protected]

thankyou
Simon

anon

SIA

Post by anon » Fri, 21 Jan 2005 5:45 pm

my mum used to choose the air stewardesses. They do indeed go for looks...but it seems the standard went down in the last few years (different head - the head's changed again), but now they're working on bringing the standard back up.

Yes there's a minimum A level standard, and emphasis on service.

aaa

Re: Ex-SIA flight attendant !

Post by aaa » Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:03 am

hi there,
since you work for sia ,what is the requirement to be an attendant.is there any training school in singapore.
thank's

aaa

Re: Ex-SIA flight attendant !

Post by aaa » Fri, 28 Jan 2005 5:58 pm

i'm 23 yrs old indonesian,fresh graduate from singapore college.i would like to know what the requirement to be sia flight attendant.thx

karen

age limit

Post by karen » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 3:14 am

hi,

i am interested to apply for the position as SIA Flight Stewardess. is there any age limit?

i am not young, i worked in the media industry right after i graduated for 4 years. am i consider too old to be flight stewardess? i am 27 this year.

thanks a lot!

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 8:10 pm

Yutenji wrote:Hmmm, not sure I'd agree with jpatokal on this. Maybe we're getting off the original topic, but SQ is one of the few airlines that seems to attach importance to treating it's passengers with respect.
I'm not complaining about SQ's service, it's among the best on the planet. But, well, they're still waitresses on a flying bus, and being a waitress is a tough job that doesn't get you much respect.

dora

Re: age limit

Post by dora » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 2:22 am

karen wrote:hi,

i am interested to apply for the position as SIA Flight Stewardess. is there any age limit?

i am not young, i worked in the media industry right after i graduated for 4 years. am i consider too old to be flight stewardess? i am 27 this year.

thanks a lot!

hi karen,

although the requirements for SIA stewardess did not state the age limit, i am pretty sure that SIA usually don't employ girls over the age of 25.
because i have a few friends who went for the interview, were not shortlisted for 2nd round. they are 26, 27 years old, they have worked in the hotel industries, hospitality area for quite some time, and they are good-looking too.

so, i suppose SIA employ young girls to be stewardesses only, esp. poly grads. so i think you got to be young, be it whether you are ugly or beautiful, you just got to be young.

claudine

Well...

Post by claudine » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 12:46 pm

I went for the SIA recruitment last Nov, and passed the first 2 rounds. I would think they were looking for pleasant looking girls who can present themselves and talk well.

After the 2nd interview, the guy who interviewed me said they wanted girls who are cheerful, positive and willing to work hard. But he warned me that I may fail the 3rd round, which is the kebaya test becoz he thought I was too small-sized. (I am 24yrs old, 1.6m, 43kg)

AND.... true enough, I failed the kebaya test!!!! Actually I understand why, the bigger sized girls looked really curvarous in the kebaya, but I looked really skinny and straight. In the end, all the big girls got in and the smaller girls got kicked out. And seriously, the girls who got in were not really beauties, including me.

So, one word of advice, please put on weight before you go for the interview. And make sure you can speak proper english, not singlish. But the politics is really really bad, so..... may not be a good job after all.

lexuan

Re: Well...

Post by lexuan » Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:52 am

claudine wrote:I went for the SIA recruitment last Nov, and passed the first 2 rounds. I would think they were looking for pleasant looking girls who can present themselves and talk well.

After the 2nd interview, the guy who interviewed me said they wanted girls who are cheerful, positive and willing to work hard. But he warned me that I may fail the 3rd round, which is the kebaya test becoz he thought I was too small-sized. (I am 24yrs old, 1.6m, 43kg)

AND.... true enough, I failed the kebaya test!!!! Actually I understand why, the bigger sized girls looked really curvarous in the kebaya, but I looked really skinny and straight. In the end, all the big girls got in and the smaller girls got kicked out. And seriously, the girls who got in were not really beauties, including me.

So, one word of advice, please put on weight before you go for the interview. And make sure you can speak proper english, not singlish. But the politics is really really bad, so..... may not be a good job after all.
hi claudine,

are you sure that SIA don't like slim girls? tot they wuld love to have slim stewardess, cos the SIA stewardesses i saw at the airport are thin, only a handfuls are bigger size with curvarous figures.

i always wanted to try for SIA, but because i am not thin, rather big-bone size, with wide hips. so i do not dare to apply to SIA before, =(

would you try to put on weight and try for SIA again?

Claudine

Well....

Post by Claudine » Wed, 09 Feb 2005 12:25 am

I really think you should give it a try. The girls who got through the interview were quite big sized. I have a few friends who are stewardess and they are all the big-size type. so, don't worry and just go for it!!!

I will not try again, coz ultimately I realise I am not really that suitable for the job. Watch out for the next round and send in your application!!!! :p

fiona

Post by fiona » Sat, 12 Feb 2005 2:26 am

hello claudine,

would like to ask you about the interview. are there girls who are 26, 27, 28 years old going for the interview?

i had applied for SIA 3 times, but wasn't call up for the 1st round of interview. but i'v got a friend who is 23, she always got call up for the interview everytime she applied for the SIA stewardess job (however, she had never be able to pass the 1to1 interview). my friend told me that in her first round of self-intro, there is only one girl who is 25 years old.
all the rest are 20 to 22 years old, fresh graduates from poly or univ. or some are still studying.

and are you sure that big girls look nice in kebaya?

thanks a lot for your help. :)

Sgirl

Post by Sgirl » Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:50 pm

Hi

The age i think is one of the important part, because they wrote down for the girl age between 20-26

I just pass all of the interview and waiting for my visa to come out. They have several steps.

1. Introduction in a group interview, you need to introduce yourself
2. One on One interview, they want to know more about your life and your family
3. Psychotest and English Test
4. Panel Interview, there are 3 people ask you several question, they want to know your seriousness, your life, your family, your education and everything
5. Kebaya Test. They see wether you have any scar and stuff that shown after you put the kebaya on. well for this stage, i got some friend who are too chubby and failed on this stage. Some of them on the border because they have wide shoulder and big hips.

So i think SIA only want a good propotion of body. Me, myself got complained and have to lose some weight. But the give me a chance to try. Also watch out about your make up, hair, shoes and dress. Some of them got complain because of this.

Hope this helps anyone who want to apply for this job :)

cheers

Sgirl

Post by Sgirl » Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:54 pm

Oops..
Forget one more steps.

After the kebaya test, u still have another test. Ermm.. i dunno how to describe it, but you will put in a group and just interact with each other in a tea party. U need to talk more and show that you can work in a group

ok.. good luck :)

cheers

mabel

Post by mabel » Sun, 13 Feb 2005 2:22 am

Sgirl wrote:Hi

The age i think is one of the important part, because they wrote down for the girl age between 20-26

I just pass all of the interview and waiting for my visa to come out. They have several steps.

1. Introduction in a group interview, you need to introduce yourself
2. One on One interview, they want to know more about your life and your family
3. Psychotest and English Test
4. Panel Interview, there are 3 people ask you several question, they want to know your seriousness, your life, your family, your education and everything
5. Kebaya Test. They see wether you have any scar and stuff that shown after you put the kebaya on. well for this stage, i got some friend who are too chubby and failed on this stage. Some of them on the border because they have wide shoulder and big hips.

So i think SIA only want a good propotion of body. Me, myself got complained and have to lose some weight. But the give me a chance to try. Also watch out about your make up, hair, shoes and dress. Some of them got complain because of this.

Hope this helps anyone who want to apply for this job :)

cheers
hi Sgirl,

so the age is 20-26? they did not put the age limit on their recruitment. so i suppose, i can't apply for it coz i am turning 27 this year....

and, u mean they will give you chance to be a stewardess even though if we look fat in the kebaya?

so, the trying out of kebaya is the last step of the interview?

i've been wanting to be a SIA stewardess, but thought that i should work for a few years before applying for it, guess now, it is too late, coz i am old liao.....and got wide hips too....

congrats to you Sgirl! on getting the job, have fun! =)

Mandy

I wanna become the SIA cabin crew

Post by Mandy » Sun, 13 Feb 2005 1:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I want to become the SIA cabin crew but i always missed the SIA interview. Everytime i check on net, the interview was already over and made me so frustated!!! Can you all tell me how many intakes SIA open for public and when are those months? (so i can check the online to avoid i missed the interview again) I have read all the comments from the forum, and would like to ask about the steps of interview sections, will the interviwer give a test for swimming as well? This is because i cannot swim but for sure i am not scare of water...Pls help me!!!

Thx in advance... :)