Singapore Expats

Welsh lass New in town

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
HaiYing

Welsh lass New in town

Post by HaiYing » Sun, 18 May 2008 7:21 pm

Hi,

I'm new in town and would like to join you, one question reading the posts - how do I know it's you guys?
If anyone is interested in going out tomorrow, please contact me on 8158 0602 or at [email protected].

Cheers,
Hai Ying.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sun, 18 May 2008 9:20 pm

just saw no one's replied to your posts. i thought i'd say hi and hope you make some friends from this forum.

i'm not in singapore anymore, but i'm sure heaps of people will take you out to show you around either through this place, or in real life.

it's not an unfriendly city, so i hope you have a great time in singapore and make plenty of friends!

maimaya25

hi there

Post by maimaya25 » Sun, 18 May 2008 9:43 pm

hi hai ying,

i saw this post and thought of sending you an SMS earlier to see if you'd be interested in hanging out some time. nothing like a long weekend to jump start the search for new friends.

i'm a 30 y/o filipino-american lawyer and have been here for a little under a year. i've only recently joined this forum - owing to work. kudos to you for you that you decided to get on the forum much more sooner than later.

anyway hope to see you around sometime and welcome to singapore!

ikhouvanNL

Post by ikhouvanNL » Mon, 19 May 2008 1:19 am

Hello there Haiying,

I may be Singaporean but have been living outside for too long, lost touch with friends here. Would definitely love to befriend you. I know how lonely it feels esp. in the beginning to have just moved to a foreign place.

Email me @ [email protected] if you want to touch base.

ChicagoMike
Regular
Regular

Post by ChicagoMike » Tue, 20 May 2008 6:03 pm

Hi there, sorry for not responding sooner, I was out of town for the long weekend.

normally it's fairly easy to find the group - the one with the odd mix of nationalities and accents that is also having fun ;)

maybe we should get some sort of flag though...

also, FYI, because this is a short week, i don't think anything is planned. definitely next week though...