Singapore Expats

Can anyone recommend relocation company from UK to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
endacotta

Can anyone recommend relocation company from UK to Singapore

Post by endacotta » Thu, 15 May 2008 5:45 pm

Hi all

My family and I are relocating to singapore from the UK in August 2008. Can anyone recommend a good relocation company that they have used to pack and ship household goods etc to Singapore

Thanks

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 15 May 2008 7:37 pm

We used crown relocation, who were very good, not only with the move but the whole relocation, they had handymen to help with setting up the new house, and recommendations for maid agency etc.

BUT we used them for a local move in Singapore, about a 100m down the road, it was total chaos, Stuff got lost, damaged and stolen, and the move crew looked like they just stepped off the Pirates of Caribbean stage set.

wombatt

Post by wombatt » Tue, 20 May 2008 12:28 pm

We used Abels for our move in January from the UK to Singapore.
We had the full packing/unpacking service at both ends and it all went very smoothly, nothing was broken or damaged and the staff were very polite and careful with our furniture. Abels use Family Movers to unpack at this end who were also very professional.

I would recommend them if you are coming from the London/South area where I think they have most of their offices.

We also had a quote from Crowns which was around the same price, but decided to go with Abels.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 20 May 2008 3:40 pm

How long did it take your shipment to arrive?

Need to plan the logistics of our move and don't fancy staying too long at the MIL's place :)

wombatt

Post by wombatt » Tue, 20 May 2008 4:04 pm

Ours took about 6 weeks to arrive, this was for a whole container, sole use. I think it's a couple of weeks longer if you are not using the whole container.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 20 May 2008 4:07 pm

wombatt wrote:Ours took about 6 weeks to arrive, this was for a whole container, sole use. I think it's a couple of weeks longer if you are not using the whole container.
Cheers Wombatt, we'll probably won't need a whole container, thought it might be about 8 weeks

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Tue, 20 May 2008 5:42 pm

how much is for a whole container? although would be too big for me. do you know if the agent does "shared" container? i only got a couple of things.