Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Guest2607

Post by Guest2607 » Tue, 20 May 2008 1:32 am

Hi guys,

I missed the SIA call a few days back cuz I was overseas, n jus got back to sg today.. was thinking of calling them up tmr to check cuz i will be flying to another country e next day.. is calling them a good idea? I checked my missed calls numbers with my frens who received their calls n they are e same.. in fact, they called a few times.. Will they be unhappy if i call n disturb them? advice, anyone?

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Tue, 20 May 2008 4:33 am

i think they want 1.6m pple since they always measure 2cm off .

sighs.

Tres Bien Merci

Post by Tres Bien Merci » Tue, 20 May 2008 8:53 am

SIA is very strict with the height recruitment. I also agree that the measurement is always 2 cm shorter than your actual height. My height is 165 cm. A couple years backs, i went for the interview at STC and they measured me as 163 cm. :(

For the foreign language, they may check you in certain stage of interview. Please make sure that you are able to speak this language fluently.

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Tue, 20 May 2008 9:56 am

tres bien merci, parlez-vous francais?

and to those waiting for the all-important call, the working week just started. all the best!

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Tue, 20 May 2008 11:36 am

Regarding about the height issue,

personally, it's about luck too. I've seen cases whereby the person closed 1 eye when measured less than the minimum height. Of cos, it's about 0.5cm to 1cm. However, recently, I noticed that they might be really strict on the height requirement as gals were asked to go back after they found that they have not met the height requirement. Initially, their measurement was incorrect by 2cm as I faced the same problem. Currently, these few months, my height was correctly measured.

Good luck to everyone! :)

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Tue, 20 May 2008 11:54 am

anybody to share what happened in their interview from stage one-four?

please do share do share! =))

pamie
Regular
Regular

Post by pamie » Tue, 20 May 2008 12:15 pm

higgledy wrote:Regarding about the height issue,

personally, it's about luck too. I've seen cases whereby the person closed 1 eye when measured less than the minimum height. Of cos, it's about 0.5cm to 1cm. However, recently, I noticed that they might be really strict on the height requirement as gals were asked to go back after they found that they have not met the height requirement. Initially, their measurement was incorrect by 2cm as I faced the same problem. Currently, these few months, my height was correctly measured.

Good luck to everyone! :)
yea.. i understand..
i myself have seen stewardess at airport that is like kinda below the avg height at airport..

and my bf once told me he saw an SQ gal ever stepping on the side of the seat in the plane to close the overhead carriage..

i guess... it's luck too..

cuz there were 2 gals measuring the height, and one gal was realli nice and told her friend, aiyah 0.5cm juz put juz nice.. and her friend refused and used a loud voice to tell me to leave..

so i guess.. i was unlucky tt day.. but i was glad to meet the other nice gal who was all ready to let me in :)
~ pamie pamie pamie ~

UrsulaJoan

Post by UrsulaJoan » Tue, 20 May 2008 1:12 pm

Hiya All,

Woo~ its been so long since I wrote a post. Anyways I'm still really glad to see that the never-say-die spirit is still strong in this forum.

I may be going for the coming 25 May interview, may I know if they actually do check your teeth during the kebaya/skin-check round? Cos' my teeth are kinda yellowish, but its not really that visible when unless the person stands close to me.

It seems kinda scary the way they 'minus' cm's off your height when they do measuring. Does it still happen now? I've been to an interview at STC once and they measured me 158.5cm, so if they do 'minus' and cm off my height i'll prob not even make it to the first round.

Also, I know that some in this forum are going for the 25th May interview, may I know what time are you guys going? Cos I see posts here and there with some saying that they'll go. If possible, may I join you guys or something? =p

Thanks alot!
Success is a journey, not a goal~

Tres Bien Merci

Post by Tres Bien Merci » Tue, 20 May 2008 1:27 pm

Hi Hafiz,

I dont speak French. :D

My friend who help me with this nick name. :D

I guess for the height issues, we just need to give it a try. It is really depend to luck. :D :wink:

cookiedoll
Regular
Regular

Post by cookiedoll » Tue, 20 May 2008 2:28 pm

im going. im giving a shot! yea. hehe

UrsulaJoan

Post by UrsulaJoan » Tue, 20 May 2008 2:56 pm

cookiedoll wrote:im going. im giving a shot! yea. hehe
Hi cookiedoll, cool! So wat time will you be there? U wanna meet up and go queue up together? Are you meeting with anyone else?
Success is a journey, not a goal~

jellybeanie

Post by jellybeanie » Tue, 20 May 2008 3:08 pm

Hi, for those who's gonna give it a try. Can we meet up? i'll be there at bout 9am ;)

saintlier

26th!

Post by saintlier » Tue, 20 May 2008 3:21 pm

thesean76 wrote:anyone who is starting their training on the 26th of may??
I AM and im so excited! :)
.s.o.a.r.i.n.g. .t.h.e. .s.k.i.e.s.

thesean76

Re: 26th!

Post by thesean76 » Tue, 20 May 2008 3:23 pm

saintlier wrote:
thesean76 wrote:anyone who is starting their training on the 26th of may??
I AM and im so excited! :)
oh really? me too :) are you a malaysian?

dreamygurl

Post by dreamygurl » Tue, 20 May 2008 3:37 pm

anybody have their HR contacts so that i can find out where exactly my email has gone to? :(