Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Loveona

Post by Loveona » Mon, 19 May 2008 11:11 am

But is it really so precise till they mind about a 2cm difference? could u recall were the girls u saw only abit shorter than their requirement?
No Matter How Ur Heart is Grieving, If U Keep on Believing, e Dream that U Wished Will Come True!!

PeterPan07

Post by PeterPan07 » Mon, 19 May 2008 11:12 am

dont worry hafiz. i am still waiting for their call too. i'm sure we will be hearing from them soon.

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 19 May 2008 11:55 am

the working week starts tomorrow. woo hoo! haha.

dreamygurl

Post by dreamygurl » Mon, 19 May 2008 12:48 pm

hello thesean76, the lady who called me was denise. or maybe u could give me lilian number and i can call her and ask?

Ode

Post by Ode » Mon, 19 May 2008 12:59 pm

SIA
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loveona

Post by Loveona » Mon, 19 May 2008 2:21 pm

do they measure your height even before the first round? everything sounds really tough.. :cry:
No Matter How Ur Heart is Grieving, If U Keep on Believing, e Dream that U Wished Will Come True!!

lavender_shoyru

Are there many people going for interview ?

Post by lavender_shoyru » Mon, 19 May 2008 2:36 pm

Is there a lot of girls going for interview each time they conduct a walk in interview??

How many round to pass?
What kind of question they usually ask??
The interview conduct in wat language usually??Will they test ur ability of foreign language ??

Pls kindly help me wif those question....

Thank you very much!!!

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Mon, 19 May 2008 2:57 pm

Ode wrote:Hi,
SIA is v.strict on the height requirement. I went for the walk-in twice, once tiz yr & once last yr end. I'm 1 cm short of min height req, the lady didnt allow me in... thnk SIA got too many ppl to consider oso cldnt b bothered spend too much time on any1 oso. Any gd advice or hlp any1?
I realised that during the ht measurement they tend to measure 2cm shorter (correct me if I m wrong)
I am standing at 169cm...but everytime during the ht measurement they will always measure me at 167cm :x
(=^_^=)

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Are there many people going for interview ?

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 19 May 2008 3:04 pm

lavender_shoyru wrote:Is there a lot of girls going for interview each time they conduct a walk in interview??

How many round to pass?
The interview conduct in wat language usually??Will they test ur ability of foreign language ??

Thank you very much!!!
lavender_shoyru,
there are 4 rounds to pass. questions they ask can range from introduce yourself, your job, your family or even situational-based questions.
inteview's in english but if you mention in your form that you can speak a foreign language, they might test you. if not you could bring that up somehow. there's a whole wealth of information in the many many pages before this. :)

lavender_shoyru

Post by lavender_shoyru » Mon, 19 May 2008 4:22 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
lavender_shoyru wrote:Is there a lot of girls going for interview each time they conduct a walk in interview??

How many round to pass?

Thank you very much!!!
lavender_shoyru,
there are 4 rounds to pass. questions they ask can range from introduce yourself, your job, your family or even situational-based questions.
inteview's in english but if you mention in your form that you can speak a foreign language, they might test you. if not you could bring that up somehow. there's a whole wealth of information in the many many pages before this. :)
Can i know wat is the four round?

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular

Post by stewardwannabe » Mon, 19 May 2008 4:28 pm

lavender_shoyru wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:

How many round to pass?

Thank you very much!!!
lavender_shoyru,
Can i know wat is the four round?
the 4th round is the final interview , conducted my the management executives, normally a 2 to 1 interview session.. the questions they ask are similar to your 1 on 1 interview.. a lil more detail and also the questions they ask might be based on ur application form.

Jst smile , be calm and answer with honesty.. u should be fine! :)
SW

thesean76

Post by thesean76 » Mon, 19 May 2008 5:32 pm

anyone who is starting their training on the 26th of may??

Vyn

Post by Vyn » Mon, 19 May 2008 8:38 pm

Sunday's coming!

*cold sweat. :shock:

pamie
Regular
Regular

Post by pamie » Mon, 19 May 2008 10:08 pm

Ode wrote:Hi,
SIA is v.strict on the height requirement. I went for the walk-in twice, once tiz yr & once last yr end. I'm 1 cm short of min height req, the lady didnt allow me in... thnk SIA got too many ppl to consider oso cldnt b bothered spend too much time on any1 oso. Any gd advice or hlp any1?
the adecco agency gal spoke kinda loudly to tell me to get lost for 0.5cm short.. :S was super ma lu.. like she didnt have to do tt.. can juz tell me to go and i will.. but she said so loudy and denied me a shot at the reach test..

and they measure my 163cm fren at 161cm.. :(
~ pamie pamie pamie ~

thesean76

Post by thesean76 » Tue, 20 May 2008 12:26 am

it's always like that. so to be on the safe side, i guess you have to be at least extra 5cm taller than the min height requirement then