Singapore Expats

Dermatologist needed...

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
franchy
Regular
Regular

Dermatologist needed...

Post by franchy » Fri, 16 May 2008 3:16 pm

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend on a good Dermatologist? prefer in M. Elizabeth hospital.

Thanks for your help!

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 16 May 2008 6:48 pm

again, i am not some kinda commission freak who gets paid by referrals... i just dish out what i know.

i was a former patient of patricia yuen md at paragon, level 19 (if i remember correctly - pacific healthcare) and it was all good!

most importantly, she's a board certified dermatologist, capable of solving most issues in that area you may have.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 16 May 2008 6:49 pm

oh, the paragon medical tower is just opposite mt. elizabeth hospital.

better food within the building and it has a discreet rear taxicab waiting area in case you want to get home in a rush after any procedures.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 May 2008 8:03 pm

and most of the medical offices in the Paragon open up a 8:30 in the morning but check first. I've been using Quest Laboratories for my 4 week blood work for the past 4 months while on this diet.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 16 May 2008 8:07 pm

you doing some allergy thing? boy, disciplined you are!

:cool:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 May 2008 8:48 pm

Nah, I am making the journey from technically obese to normal bmi. I have dropped 23kg in just under 18 weeks (I am already at normal bmi now). The diet is being monitored by 4 week blood tests to ensure that the liver & kidneys are functioning properly and so forth. I have 2 kg left till I reach my target weight. Probably by the end of of the month then I'll start a 2 to 3 week stabilization diet to stop the loss while not shocking my body into an insulin response as I add in different foods that I haven't been eating for the past 4 months.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 16 May 2008 8:56 pm

you can kiss your NASH (non alcoholic steatohepatitis) good bye!

did you have any type of procedure done or was this purely through exercise and diet?

last post for the night. i'm off to bed. very late down here...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 May 2008 9:08 pm

purely through dietary means alone (no drugs, pills, supplements) just fresh unprocessed foods from NTUC. Nothing else.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Fri, 16 May 2008 9:58 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:purely through dietary means alone (no drugs, pills, supplements) just fresh unprocessed foods from NTUC. Nothing else.
how can you tahan not eating out in singapore! hokkien mee, pepper crab, kopi o, kaya toast, chicken rice, steam boat, nasi lemak, rendang, etc.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 May 2008 10:49 pm

It's easy once you start to accept one's own mortality. Boils down to choices. As it's a rapid weight loss diet that's why the monitoring of liver, kidney function. Once it's over, all the glorious food will be waiting. Some I'll be able to eat others, well, I enjoyed them in the past but like sardines & liver (I gave up both 20 years ago to reduce gout flareups) I just have to wait & see.

love, rachel

Re: Dermatologist needed...

Post by love, rachel » Mon, 19 May 2008 12:20 pm

franchy wrote:Hello all,

Can anyone recommend on a good Dermatologist? prefer in M. Elizabeth hospital.

Thanks for your help!
I am using Dr. Joyce Lim in Paragon, I am using her for treating acne and its scars. Although a bit pricey but i think its worth it, since there are very good visible results on my skin.

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Mon, 19 May 2008 12:30 pm

How's the exercise going, Grumpy Ole Man?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 May 2008 1:57 pm

I will be starting the 2nd stabilization diet probably end of next week. I'm 1.3kg away from target weight. I can't start exercising until I start the 2nd diet as 800 calories isn't enough to support any exercise regime yet. But it's all set up and raring to go! :wink: