Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Mon, 12 May 2008 10:15 am

Hi Geraldine 1988,

apologies for late reply. I went to the management interview on last Tue. My interviewers were 1 male Caucasian & 1 female Chinese.

They asked a couple of questions from personal to questions like what countries have you been to, ever fly on SQ b4? How do you find SIA?

I was told that the ban period is 3months though. But apparently, some who wrote here said 2months. Probably, it differs individually.

Hi j3annie,

You have to tie up your hair in a bun in the 2nd round - kebaya & skin check. Rubber bands will be provided on the table. At the skin check, you will stand a distance with a table in between, with the 2 spotlights on it. The interviewer will ask you to turn left, turn right, look straight, lift up your fringe if it covers your forehead. Lastly, you will have to turn around for her to see the area behind where it cannot be covered by the kebaya. If selected, the groomer will advise what kind of hairstyle suits you according to your features anf face shape.

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 12 May 2008 12:59 pm

PeterPan07 wrote:dont worry hafiz. i believe they will call you soon. how long is your notice period given?
i told them i'll be available from 4th june onwards. sigh. i cant help but worry! whenever i open the mailbox i'll be like dying cuz i dont wanna see the letter! it's so scary. :-|

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Mon, 12 May 2008 1:46 pm

Hi Hafiz,

b more confident. You have made it so far. Am sure even if you receive something from them, it's the good news :)

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 12 May 2008 1:50 pm

haha. i cant help it. but thanks! all the best to you too! :)

Tres Bien Merci

Post by Tres Bien Merci » Mon, 12 May 2008 2:03 pm

Hi Higgledy, I am new in this forum and may I know whether they will check you hand and leg during the skin check?
Thanks!!Thanks!! :D

I heard from my friend, SIA will chose white and porcelain skin. Something likes snow white. On top of that they will select those gals around 19 to 22 years old.
Older than that it would be better not to try for the interview since it is just wasting your time. :(

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Mon, 12 May 2008 2:25 pm

Hi Tres Bien Merci,

They only check your face and hands, but will not roll up the sleeve, just want to see the front & back of your hands that are not covered by the uniform.

I would say they might prefer younger girls, else they wouldnt conduct talks in different polytechnics. But it's hard to say, cos I am 26 & still trying. My friend who is 28 got in this year too.

As for skin wise, I reckon as long as you look healthy, then no issue. I've met people who are tanned and skinny but got selected too.

One must be optimistic! :) If you really want the job, then you should fight for it! Good luck :)

PeterPan07

Post by PeterPan07 » Mon, 12 May 2008 7:29 pm

higgledy: which timeslot where u at on tues? went for medical already?

fixyou

Post by fixyou » Mon, 12 May 2008 8:16 pm

hey higgledy, are you the girl in white dress? nonetheless, u can always try again and good luck!

to All: is it ever possible to fail medical? how strict is SIA with the medical results? in addition, how long after ur medical will SIA contact us? via what means? phone or email or by mail?

thanks!
be my escapade.

dreamygurl

Post by dreamygurl » Mon, 12 May 2008 8:35 pm

i had my medical checkup last wed too. but no calls from SIA yet. sigh. its getting scarier.

endlessx

Post by endlessx » Mon, 12 May 2008 8:36 pm

Still counting down my 3mths ban... congrats to those that made it :)
Hopefully i can pass the 1st few rounds again :-|

fixyou

Post by fixyou » Mon, 12 May 2008 8:41 pm

dreamygurl: what was the notice period u put on the form? in addition, do you need to go for any further xrays/ultrasound stuff?
yar, everyone's getting a little gan jiong. dunno when they will call and all.
be my escapade.

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 12 May 2008 8:55 pm

dreamygurl wrote:i had my medical checkup last wed too. but no calls from SIA yet. sigh. its getting scarier.
last wednesday as in 7th may? i went the wednesday before and i'm still waiting. stress. :(

PeterPan07

Post by PeterPan07 » Mon, 12 May 2008 9:05 pm

i believe they should be calling soon since the next recruitment is just next sun?

renn
Regular
Regular

Post by renn » Mon, 12 May 2008 10:53 pm

may i know how they check the backbone during the medical checkup. cos i heard that it cant be more than 20 degree. (something like tat). is there anyway we can check ourself, cos i having some backbone problem.

ArchLight

Post by ArchLight » Mon, 12 May 2008 11:46 pm

Hi All,

I'll like to know if there's any ban for those who didn't manage to pass their medical,my friend went thru all interview but didn't make it for his medical.He felt so sad and i ask him to try again but i'm afraid that he'll get reject once SIA knew that he have failed his medical previously.The doctor told him that his blood pressure is quite high then a few days later,he receive the letter from SIA saying that his application is unsuccessful.