Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
loalily

Post by loalily » Sat, 10 May 2008 9:13 pm

To those who got shortlisted for the job, do treasure it. Everyday is a learning day. It may b hard to adapt initially but as time goes by, it is not that hard anyway. :D
Need more space

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sat, 10 May 2008 11:57 pm

loalily wrote:To those who got shortlisted for the job, do treasure it. Everyday is a learning day. It may b hard to adapt initially but as time goes by, it is not that hard anyway. :D
A very good advice people must take coz they don't seem to see the reality of working in airline industry. They only see the glamour side of it.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Hunz

Post by Hunz » Mon, 12 May 2008 7:47 pm

[quote="queenie-me"][quote="patterious"]Maybe the culture now is different.

I used to be with silkair but i feel that the culture was not that bad back then. It depends on indivdual maybe! :)[/quote]

That was then, this is now.
Long story about why it is bad.
I shall not say it.

To the rest who made it: Well... Have a feel for yourself, and oh.. Prepare the bond $$ just in case.[/quote]

Its bad because there's sum1 like u? heard u got terminated by silkair.small kid bt a bully ey?cheers!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 12 May 2008 8:00 pm

Hunz wrote:Its bad because there's sum1 like u? heard u got terminated by silkair.small kid bt a bully ey?cheers!
Hearing i believing isn't it? People always believe word of mouth and never did make the effort to talk to the person themselves to know the real story. So what hppens next? People like you showed up. Pity...

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 12 May 2008 8:11 pm

Hunz wrote: Its bad because there's sum1 like u? heard u got terminated by silkair.small kid bt a bully ey?cheers!
Oi mate, 'you heard', 'your heard', the proverbial phrase I've heard so many times. Could somebody give me pound for every time I hear rumour and BS!? I wish! I assure you I would be a very rich man by now.

What you hear and what the facts are often two different things! People like to gossip and in so doing add in that which never happened along with assuming things about a person. I well remember growing up in an English country village - some people appeared to know more about me than I did!

diyasayuri

Post by diyasayuri » Mon, 12 May 2008 11:53 pm

annyone hav any idea when is the nxt interview?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Tue, 13 May 2008 8:10 am

Hunz wrote:
Its bad because there's sum1 like u? heard u got terminated by silkair.small kid bt a bully ey?cheers!
ermm... WOMAN,
Didn't I mentioned on my blog?
SOUR GRAPES!
And oh.. I didn't bully anyone, just that people love to bully small kid like me. And oh.. NO ONE IS SIDING YOU! Pity.

msfifi

Post by msfifi » Wed, 14 May 2008 10:30 pm

i think some people should just shut their hole and grow up. i dont understand why people live for the misery of others. how much satisfaction can you get? thanks to you hunz, the world is an even uglier place.

tsk tsk.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 15 May 2008 12:08 am

msfifi wrote:i think some people should just shut their hole and grow up. i dont understand why people live for the misery of others. how much satisfaction can you get? thanks to you hunz, the world is an even uglier place.

tsk tsk.
I agree to someone like msfifi.
world is uglier when there's someone like hunz. :twisted:

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 16 May 2008 12:40 am

queenie-me wrote:
msfifi wrote:i think some people should just shut their hole and grow up. i dont understand why people live for the misery of others. how much satisfaction can you get? thanks to you hunz, the world is an even uglier place.

tsk tsk.
I agree to someone like msfifi.
world is uglier when there's someone like hunz. :twisted:
Oh no no! You guys are wrong! The world is not an ugly place. Just people who are inferior and with low self-esteem trying to drag other people into their world. Pity...

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 16 May 2008 5:59 am

tsk tsk.
An unfortunate feature of some is being of inferior intellect and lack of achievement along with feeling of insecurity is they take great delight in denigrating and maligning somebody else. Such persons are not uncommon and have often only gotten their respective positions on the basis of the fact they have spent a long time in a job and are part of the 'in crowd', allowing them to enter more senior positions than they would otherwise have. Should such persons ever be subject to a suitability test (not likely to ever happen) they would soon be shown to be both incapable, inappropriate and quite worthless! At my age I have seen this too many times and probably more than most if not all here so sorry about the rant ( could tell you more but maybe some other time).

The cause of all the word's problems - people.

CUTIE8029

sq recruitment

Post by CUTIE8029 » Sat, 17 May 2008 9:40 pm

ladies can i just check for this upcoming recruitment on the 25may does MI is also in that recruitment just asking cause when i search the websit they indicated "together with silkair, sq is recruiting...... ** is this the MI recruitment that we have been waiting for or what ? Any ideas?
CHEERS

mikoliicia
Regular
Regular

Post by mikoliicia » Wed, 21 May 2008 2:30 pm

CZST wrote:
ppinky_ddolly wrote:
CZST wrote:
so u mean the whole interview session is not carried out in a day? well in this case we do have to bring our own swimming costume over for the test?
No. There will be 4 rds of interview. The water test will be on the 3rd round. Letter will be send to ur home and if it they ask u to bring ur swimming gear that means there will be a water test that round. But as i said not all will be selected for the water test. Only if u pass the morning interview that day if not u will ask to leave after the 1st round in the morning.

i i would like to ask how much is he average pay yoy took home ? thanks
❤ :: misses ::

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Wed, 21 May 2008 3:15 pm

Its here again!!
Marina Mandarin Singapore, Vanda 4(Level 6), 6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square between 9am and 4.30pm on 31st May or 1st June 2008.

Tempting to try again but still unsure..
As my current job earns more but then again being a cabin crew has always been my dream..
Anyway who's going??
I got no friends lei to go with :(

HAPPY.GAL

Post by HAPPY.GAL » Wed, 21 May 2008 7:30 pm

bluexob wrote:Its here again!!
Marina Mandarin Singapore, Vanda 4(Level 6), 6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square between 9am and 4.30pm on 31st May or 1st June 2008.

Tempting to try again but still unsure..
As my current job earns more but then again being a cabin crew has always been my dream..
Anyway who's going??
I got no friends lei to go with :(

Feel going to silkair interview again but scare of being recognised & get immediate rejection cos i just went for their last recruitment. =/

Return to “Airline Careers”