Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
scylus

Post by scylus » Sat, 10 May 2008 6:19 pm

Geraldine1988 wrote:
higgledy wrote:Hi Christineyuki,

yeah I will try till they ban me for life.. Haha :) Wow, waited 8yrs & this is going to be your 1st attempt? Y dont you try this 25/05 recruitment?
Hi higgledy, have u being to the interview? Is the ban for the interview for 2 mths or three mths? Cos my fren says the mgmt pple told her to come in June if flopped the April27 interview mgmt round. Thanks!
Hi Geraldine1988, i was at the interview yesterday. The recruitment lady told some of the interviewees that the ban is 2 months. =)

Geraldine1988

Post by Geraldine1988 » Sat, 10 May 2008 10:54 pm

scylus wrote:
Geraldine1988 wrote:
higgledy wrote:Hi Christineyuki,

yeah I will try till they ban me for life.. Haha :) Wow, waited 8yrs & this is going to be your 1st attempt? Y dont you try this 25/05 recruitment?
Hi higgledy, have u being to the interview? Is the ban for the interview for 2 mths or three mths? Cos my fren says the mgmt pple told her to come in June if flopped the April27 interview mgmt round. Thanks!
Hi Geraldine1988, i was at the interview yesterday. The recruitment lady told some of the interviewees that the ban is 2 months. =)
Thank you! anybody knows will the interviewers be the same? Hope will get to meet nice interviewers :)
GeraldineGoh

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Sun, 11 May 2008 3:52 am

[quote="xanngac"][/quote]

thanx xann... hopefully my medical is fine... should be fit lar cos i showed the doc my ' matching pipe' hee
Last edited by zetpeh on Sun, 11 May 2008 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Sun, 11 May 2008 3:55 am

[quote=

Thank you! anybody knows will the interviewers be the same? Hope will get to meet nice interviewers :)[/quote]

the interviewer at sheraton is likely always being the same, but stc will hv diff interviewer...

As what i encountered, having yr mgmt at STC will be of a better choice the interviewer is more laid back

scylus

Post by scylus » Sun, 11 May 2008 12:54 pm

zetpeh wrote:
Thank you! anybody knows will the interviewers be the same? Hope will get to meet nice interviewers :)[/quote wrote:
the interviewer at sheraton is likely always being the same, but stc will hv diff interviewer...

As what i encountered, having yr mgmt at STC will be of a better choice the interviewer is more laid back
I agree with Zetpeh.. STC interviewers are very nice. i had my interviews done at STC. The interviewers were very friendly. Generally i think the 1-1 interview usually pose scenario questions whereas the 2-1 interview based more on family...

PeterPan07

Post by PeterPan07 » Sun, 11 May 2008 1:15 pm

hey zet, when did u went for medical check-up? normally how long does it take for them to get back to you?

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Sun, 11 May 2008 2:52 pm

PeterPan07 wrote:hey zet, when did u went for medical check-up? normally how long does it take for them to get back to you?

they haven get back to me yet as my notice period is a month

PeterPan07

Post by PeterPan07 » Sun, 11 May 2008 3:05 pm

icic. i think its much safer to tender after they have given the confirmation.

snow white

Post by snow white » Sun, 11 May 2008 7:20 pm

how long we need to wait for the confirmation about employment status?

masaaki

Post by masaaki » Sun, 11 May 2008 7:29 pm

yuck! who wud want to work lyke a maidservant..clean the toilets n serve passengers!! so risky flying!

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sun, 11 May 2008 8:16 pm

snow white wrote:how long we need to wait for the confirmation about employment status?
i believe it would all depend on your availability i guess. i've got two friends who had their medical last wednesday and they both got the call on thursday. i'm still waiting for mine. stress!

PeterPan07

Post by PeterPan07 » Sun, 11 May 2008 8:29 pm

dont worry hafiz. i believe they will call you soon. how long is your notice period given?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 11 May 2008 9:43 pm

masaaki wrote:yuck! who wud want to work lyke a maidservant..clean the toilets n serve passengers!! so risky flying!
Its up to the individual. For me I would like to be a soldier fighting in a war, Iraq will be the best for me now, fighting for my mate beside me. Eat and shit in the field without all the comfort items thats so common in our live. Its 100 time more dirty and risky then flying. So what is yours? :P

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 11 May 2008 10:06 pm

yingying2888 wrote:
Plavt rite? some ang moh.. haha..
Now I wonder what makes you think I am anything else? :-k

(post selected during review)

j3annie

Post by j3annie » Mon, 12 May 2008 2:17 am

Abercrombie wrote:
j3annie wrote:My hair is at shoulder length, will they flip up my hair? Or wad? Does anyone knows if my hair is at shoulder length, if i get in will they ask me to cut short hair?
Do you mean that if they are going to ask you to cut your hair then you won't join? If your hair is more important than the job, then maybe you should not try for this job as there is lots of other restrictions to be a stewardess.
Erm,obviously i'll cut if they wan me to but lol~ i'll look funny in super short hair