Singapore Expats

JAL - JAPAN Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Thu, 08 May 2008 1:49 am

ladies i think that online CVs are quite crucial...cause its a judgement point for their side...
i would suggest a gd n well taken shot should be invested on.
personally i took my full length photos in a studio...cost me bout $120.
and they even provide me w CD rom for me to develop more pics if i need.
and there's full lenght n passport size pics..which comes very handy when applying for FA jobs.
i used it for quite a few airlines like Emirates(4R full lenght), Silkair(3R full length & passport size), SQ(passport size), Cathay(online cv, not complusory but if u can send them passport size n full lenght would be gd).
its not how u look but how confident u feel bout yourself to show others that u are the ONE. :)
all da best... :D

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Thu, 08 May 2008 1:56 am

Hi, i took my full length photo in a studio just RM38 and they give me CD too....
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Thu, 08 May 2008 2:03 am

well thats in Msia...price varies...
the studio that i went was quite reputable for taking corporate pics n stuff...its jus a suggestion..some studios are really gd at taking pics for FA standard..theres a std for the backdrop colour...postioning of how u stand, how ur hands overlay each other..jus some factors which other studios might lack off or are not as detailed..
its jus a opinion n remark.

pinkymonkey

Post by pinkymonkey » Thu, 08 May 2008 4:20 pm

Do you all know the routes that JAL is allowing sg base to fly?

stylicious

Post by stylicious » Thu, 08 May 2008 7:42 pm

hey gals,
the routes that we fly to are:
narita, osaka, new york, los angeles, Kuala lumpur, san francisco, (guangzhou & nagoya - coming up soon) to answer to your question.

pinkymonkey

Post by pinkymonkey » Thu, 08 May 2008 9:43 pm

icic..thanks alot! But i thot they are already flying the guanzhou & nagoya flts?

procastinator

skincheck

Post by procastinator » Sat, 10 May 2008 12:54 pm

can anyone advise if JAL do skincheck and is the procedure like SIA?

i understand JAL also check waist area.

how about the interview rounds?

1. send in application
2. call in for interview which is 4 to panel of judges
3. what happens?

renn
Regular
Regular

Post by renn » Sat, 10 May 2008 7:57 pm

everything done in one day?

intoxicating

Post by intoxicating » Sun, 11 May 2008 3:22 pm

hey renn, u were saying SIA dun accept your pte dip..?
but so far i noe a few frenz frm the forum that they somehow being allow to go for the interview with a pte dip..
they hab o levels but their results dun fit the bill. (some with 3 or 4 o level credits whereby their requirement is 5 o level credits)

they still allow em in despite they hab insufficient credits for their requirement..

snow white

Post by snow white » Sun, 11 May 2008 7:04 pm

waiting impatiently for JAL call for first round interview. any girls there has receieved the confirmation for first round?

procastinator

Post by procastinator » Sun, 11 May 2008 11:25 pm

i'm sending mine in tomorrow.

mehmeh
Regular
Regular

Post by mehmeh » Mon, 12 May 2008 3:43 pm

i think JAL invites u to first round via normal mail.. not call or email.. :)

mehmeh
Regular
Regular

Re: skincheck

Post by mehmeh » Mon, 12 May 2008 4:09 pm

procastinator wrote:can anyone advise if JAL do skincheck and is the procedure like SIA?

i understand JAL also check waist area.

how about the interview rounds?

1. send in application
2. call in for interview which is 4 to panel of judges
3. what happens?
Hi,

base on my knowledge/experience, after sending in the application, they sent me a letter via post for the first interview, you will be given a number and it's a group interview with 4 other candidates.. When u reach the office, there will be 2 ladies (heard that they are the crews) sitting at the doorstep, giving you your number and taking your height and weight. I've also heard that if you didn't meet the height requirement, you will be ask to leave.

After being called to the room, you will be sitting in a row with the other 4 candidates, then you will do self-intro 1 by 1.. and your resume will be passed down the interviewers and they will ask u questions..

Potential questions are like:
1. Why are you keen to join Japan Airlines?
2. What kind of image do you have of Japan Airlines as compared to other airlines?
3. Have you ever consider joining another airlines? Why?
-You are Singaporean so why don't you apply for SQ?
4. What are your strengths as a stewardess?

Hmmm, i've learn from some other forums, or friends in JAL, that your way of expression during the interview is very important, for example the way you answer them, the way u sit, and i heard that red painted nails are not recommended too.. Thats all that i can help, as i didnt turn up for the 2nd round, not sure whats going on.. =) Hope i did answer part of your question.. :)

procastinator

Post by procastinator » Mon, 12 May 2008 7:46 pm

thanks, that really helps alot. i hope they will ask me to leave without even going for the interview. hopefully able to impress them.

so meh meh, you did not get in or you choosed not to go for 2nd round?
did u reapply again for this time?

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Mon, 12 May 2008 10:14 pm

im resubmitting my application as i overlooked that need to send full length instead of closeup 4r. can anyone advise me... what kind of full length should i send? i dun hav reali formal full length.. oni a normal one.. and the other one look modelling...of coz in terms of nicer.. i prefer the modelling one... guys can u all help? which one should i send ? coz closing date is soon. thx a million !!