Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
fashionista_aspired

Post by fashionista_aspired » Mon, 05 May 2008 7:23 pm

Anyone knows how long after our medical check up will SIA take to send us a rejection letter?

I went for the Mar 16th interview and till now they havent gt back to me or send me any rejection letter..
Is it that the later available date we put, the later they will get back to us ? I put my date of availability July... :?

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Mon, 05 May 2008 7:49 pm

materialistic_bimbo, i also there for the Penang walk-in. May i know u r in which group?
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

materialistic_bimbo

Post by materialistic_bimbo » Mon, 05 May 2008 7:51 pm

12. you?

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Mon, 05 May 2008 7:54 pm

materialistic_bimbo wrote:12. you?
I'm group 9.. i plan to get group 1... coz my friend forget to take her form, so i go back with her to take it...
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

materialistic_bimbo

Post by materialistic_bimbo » Mon, 05 May 2008 8:15 pm

oh okays. my group got 1 mas ex crew.
act there is a group or mas ex crew.

in the kebaya round there is 2 mas ex crew.

renn
Regular
Regular

Post by renn » Mon, 05 May 2008 10:39 pm

anyone attend Mr Luke Tan's talk b4?
Last edited by renn on Mon, 04 Aug 2008 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Mon, 05 May 2008 10:58 pm

i think i saw u..im in group 13..r u siewmei?o the 1 who stand beside her?
Accomplish or do not begin

smurfieee
Regular
Regular

Post by smurfieee » Mon, 05 May 2008 11:13 pm

fashionista_aspired wrote:Anyone knows how long after our medical check up will SIA take to send us a rejection letter?

I went for the Mar 16th interview and till now they havent gt back to me or send me any rejection letter..
Is it that the later available date we put, the later they will get back to us ? I put my date of availability July... :?
when you took your medical? I believe you are anxious about it but no news is good news! I think they will call you up one month before your notice period. or maybe you drop a email to them asking them but I dont quite recommend that as they are busy always. just wait.... 8-)
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

sugarkat

Post by sugarkat » Mon, 05 May 2008 11:33 pm

Hi,im new :D am so curious to know if one is less likely to stand chance if they have like moles on their face.I have like 3 and wondering if i should get them removed.I'd so love to go for the upcoming interview on 25th May but sadly I have braces on and doubt that they'll accept people with braces..is tt true?

materialistic_bimbo

Post by materialistic_bimbo » Tue, 06 May 2008 4:23 am

caryssa wrote:
i think i saw u..im in group 13..r u siewmei?o the 1 who stand beside her?
the one that stand beside her.
did i talk to you? i asked you your group how many not thru right?

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Tue, 06 May 2008 9:56 am

hehe..yeayea..thats me.. :lol: happy can c u here..
Accomplish or do not begin

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Tue, 06 May 2008 10:00 am

The world is so small... haha... me n caryssa is friend... never give up, keep on trying...

fashionista_aspired

Post by fashionista_aspired » Tue, 06 May 2008 1:40 pm

smurfieee wrote: when you took your medical? I believe you are anxious about it but no news is good news! I think they will call you up one month before your notice period. or maybe you drop a email to them asking them but I dont quite recommend that as they are busy always. just wait.... 8-)

i took my medical on 18th march! so i can only expect a call in june....so ANXIOUS!!! sigh..! is it true that if we failed our medical, they will send us a rejection letter immediately..like within 1 or 2 weeks from our medical? :???:

smurfieee
Regular
Regular

Post by smurfieee » Tue, 06 May 2008 3:10 pm

fashionista_aspired : ya...that what i heard too...but thank god I make it thru my medical and I believe everyone here will too!! dont worry...i am sure i am able to see you in STC soon!! cheers!
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

cookiedoll
Regular
Regular

Post by cookiedoll » Tue, 06 May 2008 4:11 pm

Cookiedoll, it might be a waste to go try out for the interview, get past the 1st rd and then get turned away before rd 2. If it's worth a try, you could bring your certs and ask if it can be accepted, before queuing for the 1st rd.
The staff might be busy but they're actually quite helpful and pleasant so they might refer you to someone who can clear your doubts.
That's certainly better than wasting 4hrs from the time you start queuing to the time the certs are screened, for naught.

If you feel disheartened and that making a wasted trip isn't the wisest thing, how about trying to email them at ( [email protected] or [email protected]) just to ask if you meet their qualification criteria or not. No harm attaching a copy of your certs so they can answer you better. Hopefuls email their applications there and they are handled by experienced personnels whom I'm sure would be able to clarify your doubts more accurately than us.

No need to go through any unnecessary worry, mental preparation and efforts for nothing just to learn that it's a wasted trip.
I feel that emailing them to have your answers might be the next best alternative, unless there's anyone you know who can tell you for certain.

Hope the certs aren't a prob coz if so, you can simply prep for the next interview without worrying... :)
Hey angie, ive emailed them but no reply yet from them. i did ask Mr Luke tan, and he replied that maybe they will consider but still have to check with them at the interview. any advice? i dont want to go there and get turn dwn. hehe