Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
procastinator

Post by procastinator » Mon, 05 May 2008 2:26 am

ok i think i going to give it another try.
do you gals know each other before? PM me for the meetup if theres any. even though if interview doesn't get though, least get to know more friends.

thanks!...

25th may @ Sheraton

1) llentimes
2) snowss
3) renn
4) procastinator

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 05 May 2008 2:35 am

snowss and me will be meeting up around 8am in the morning.
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

brenda
Regular
Regular

Post by brenda » Mon, 05 May 2008 1:32 pm

hi,i will b gng for e interview on 25may, any one care to meet up?as i will b alone. had miss e apr interview...

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Mon, 05 May 2008 1:57 pm

i'm thinkig of should i go down singapore try again? if i go there... that will be my 9th attemp.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

SQ

Post by SQ » Mon, 05 May 2008 3:21 pm

Hi All,

I'm not thinking if I should go for the interview??? Cos of my qualifications somehow its stopping me...

I'm actually in e mid of appealing for my re-modules (5 moudules; Diploma in Mass Communications) from my private institute which I'm suppose to graduate in Year 2005 due to some personal reasons I didn't graduate on the stated year. I will finish the 5 modules by November 2008 if the appeals are successful. However, if the appeals fail, I will further my studies in Hospitality Management as a part-time student which graduation is on early month of year 2009. My next highest qualification is a 'N' Level.

I've actually email the HR from SQ but till now I haven't receive any reply from them guess they are busy.

Can anyone care to advise me??? :-|

Sorry if I've caused any inconvenience to anyone.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 05 May 2008 3:59 pm

At this moment SIA do not take in Cabin Crew with N level, not in the near future too, so work hard and get your Diploma ya :wink:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 05 May 2008 4:03 pm

ngng wrote: Does anyone know how is the working pattern like?
Ususlly how many days u will be back in singapore.
Your working pattern will not be fix but different from month to month. You should have 7-10 full days plus 7-10 days that are the departure or arrival day in SIN. The rest you will be sleeping in a hotel :P The more days you have in SIN means the less $$$ you are bring home to feed the kitty :cry:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 05 May 2008 4:08 pm

hafiz_ wrote:PeterPan07, the photocopies of the bankbook and stuff are just things they'll need should you pass your management round. correct me if i'm wrong though Abercrombie senior. haha.
I am senior as in age here :oops: I am only the policeman at the main gate to STC, so I have seen many of you here coming to sign your bond :P What does SIA want to do with your bankbook?? To know how much you have in the bank ?? :shock: What can they do with your bankbook?? Of course it is to confirm your bank account details so that they can put some mola into your account lah (-.-)'''........

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 05 May 2008 4:46 pm

Abercrombie, so you're just the security staff who happens to know alot about SIA and her cabin crew huh? haha. rightttt. i'm still waiting for mary's call. sigh. so anxious!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 05 May 2008 4:46 pm

FS/FSS Recruitment Month :

Singapore : Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June, July, Sep, Oct, Nov

Malaysia : Jan, March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Oct, Dec

FSS Recruitment Month

China: Jan, March, April, June, Aug, Nov

Hong Kong : Jan, June

India : March, April, July, Oct, Dec

Indonesia : Jan, March, April, May, June, Aug, Nov

Japan : May, Sep

Korea : Jan, July

Taiwan : Dec

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 05 May 2008 4:48 pm

hafiz_ wrote:Abercrombie, so you're just the security staff who happens to know alot about SIA and her cabin crew huh? haha. rightttt. i'm still waiting for mary's call. sigh. so anxious!
Yup due to the nature of my job, I happen to know lots and lots of cabin crew
:P

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 05 May 2008 5:31 pm

jiakel wrote: omg i didnt know youre starting so early! )

:shock: Wait until you start working.....

Vyn

Post by Vyn » Mon, 05 May 2008 5:36 pm

They are recruiting till the month of Nov?
Woahh.. 0_o

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 05 May 2008 5:40 pm

sterk wrote: If you (or anyone here )wanna impress the interviewers with some technical stuff regarding aircraft , pm me. I might just be able to help :wink:
This is probably a waste of time, aside from that which cabin crew know being taught during training I have not seen any reference to such in all the accounts of interviews I have read here. Besides prospective cabin crew should focus on people skills.

materialistic_bimbo

penang interview. sigh ):

Post by materialistic_bimbo » Mon, 05 May 2008 7:08 pm

hi, im new here.
i went for the penang interview which is my 2nd one.
my first one was in feb the kl interview which i got booted out after the 1st round, as for the penang one i manage to get thru the kebaya round and i was so happy. but when i got in i manage to find the skirt at l size and a pair of shoes at the right size...as for the top there was only size s and m left. therefore i had to squeeze thru it which i knw by then i failed ): i should just give up right?