Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sun, 04 May 2008 2:22 pm

Angiezz
Really thanks for your advice. I still can recall what i did for the first time. I did the same but just don't really understand why this time really can't work out.

i manage to get into 1-1 that time they didn't ask me to intro myself. I get all the question base. Now is abit hard don't know how to impress them with intro myself. I have no idea what should I say. I keep on changing my script.

I think really got to write out how to intro about myself. I'm suck in that. What should i said during intro myself?

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Sun, 04 May 2008 3:23 pm

Lol...I guess there's no rule to which forms of intros will make/break you, but only tried and tested ones...

Back then there was an interview-mate who spoke abt her studies & listed her qualifications, I think that suddenly gave her a more impressive & intellectual aura. It did help that she was also very well spoken, confident, comfortable and eloquent.
Likewise as to another hopeful who shared abt her interests in music, playing an instrument as a past time etc. It made her stand out uniquely while the most of the rest paled in contrast since there was a lack of personality with just a lackluster intro. I'm not in the position to judge but the two above definitely left a gd and lasting impression.

Might you have any forms of hobbies, interests, skills or courses you take etc that you could share passionately of and make you stand out?
I guess apart from speaking of your job/studies, you could name some hobbies/skills too, the more interesting the better... :D
I also realize that those who had a lengthier intro did wisely give themselves a longer time to make a gd, lasting impression. They made the most of their opportunity, in comparison to those who merely spoke briefly and dully.

Of course that runs the risk of boring the audience just ranting endlessly abt oneself hence it would be nice to inject some humour, fun or interesting facts in your intro and show the colourful side of yourself during that challenging few seconds... :wink:

By the way, where you get interviewed, do you get posed any addtional FAQs during the grp interview?
In sg a commonly asked qn is "Which country would you like to visit if you could travel there?", while I heard that in KL it's not unheard of to be asked "What would you do if you were elected PM of Msia for a day?"

Any common Qns they ask you that you could prepare for?
& when's your next interview in msia?

dreamygurl

Post by dreamygurl » Sun, 04 May 2008 3:27 pm

thanks angie. that really helped. 2m is really kinda far away. haha. im more worried that they will say im too skinny. cause that was what the ladies told me in the 2nd and 3rd round. its funny they still let me passed anyways.

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Sun, 04 May 2008 4:36 pm

Lol...
If the final hurdle worries you, pick the most flattering & suitable outfit from your wardrobe? I think long puffed up sleeves, pants and possibly a jacket/blazer to layer on if necessary might help camouflage...

I've heard of two cases, one where the management turned away a female they deemed was on the heavier end of the scale, and requested for her to return in afew mths when ready. They made the exception for her to skip right to the management interview again on the next trial.

Another where they accepted an oversized girl but asked her to meet the weight requirement by the time she flies. These were just what I heard from friends so I'm not sure how true they are but in any case since you've come this far, it won't hurt to be on the safe side to be at your best all rounded...

Hope to hear the gd news from you! & don't worry abt it, the stc interviewers are more than pleasant so just be comfy enough to chat & joke with them. There's a pretty high passing rate there too as to what I was told; higher than sheraton; roughly 8-9 out of 10 make it.
Good luck!!! :D

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sun, 04 May 2008 5:21 pm

Angiezz wrote:Lol...I guess there's no rule to which forms of intros will make/break you, but only tried and tested ones...

Back then there was an interview-mate who spoke abt her studies & listed her qualifications, I think that suddenly gave her a more impressive & intellectual aura. It did help that she was also very well spoken, confident, comfortable and eloquent.
Likewise as to another hopeful who shared abt her interests in music, playing an instrument as a past time etc. It made her stand out uniquely while the most of the rest paled in contrast since there was a lack of personality with just a lackluster intro. I'm not in the position to judge but the two above definitely left a gd and lasting impression.

Might you have any forms of hobbies, interests, skills or courses you take etc that you could share passionately of and make you stand out?
I guess apart from speaking of your job/studies, you could name some hobbies/skills too, the more interesting the better... :D
I also realize that those who had a lengthier intro did wisely give themselves a longer time to make a gd, lasting impression. They made the most of their opportunity, in comparison to those who merely spoke briefly and dully.

Of course that runs the risk of boring the audience just ranting endlessly abt oneself hence it would be nice to inject some humour, fun or interesting facts in your intro and show the colourful side of yourself during that challenging few seconds... :wink:

By the way, where you get interviewed, do you get posed any addtional FAQs during the grp interview?
In sg a commonly asked qn is "Which country would you like to visit if you could travel there?", while I heard that in KL it's not unheard of to be asked "What would you do if you were elected PM of Msia for a day?"

Any common Qns they ask you that you could prepare for?
& when's your next interview in msia?
My hobbies really wierd, i play wushu. I know piano, flute. I like to read books. When free i like to cook spaghetti...bake cakes, cookies...sometimes i travel to other state in weekend alone to explore around. I also like to meet up all my friend to hang around exchange opinion. I like to observe people and analyze why they are like that n improve myself with the good one...somemore im very sensitive...i work really well when under pressure... with pressure i perform better than normal...i can work very fast...I can talk with anyone anywhere...im friendly, like to joke around
to make ppl laugh...i feel very happy when see then happy...

I feel im like very normal...

i get 3 FAQ before only
1. what u think is a good customer service?
this one i manage to pass till 1-1
2. if u have 1 million dollar... what u will do, give a list
3. what is ur greatest achievement in ur life (PG walk in)

I dunno when is the next walk-in interview in Malaysia. For the past few months, i even go down to Singapore for walk-in.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Sun, 04 May 2008 5:33 pm

Trust me, those are already extra-ordinary.
And do have more confidence in yourself coz you deserve it!

The only musical instrument I can play well is the recorder...lmao :lol:
Even then, the only song I know by heart is "Mary had a little lamb"...hahaha :P

Most youths nowadays don't cook so to be able to cook your way to peoples' heart's a bonus! Travelling's nice too coz in sg, most tend to do it less often since it takes time off our busy schedule, is costly and less convenient as compared to other countries where you can travel with ease to other states.

Their point probably isn't to seek out talents, skills or qualifications, but rather to see if you fit their profile just from how you intro yourself.
I feel that sharing interesting facts of yourself does gain others' attention and implant an impression deeper. While you speak passionately abt your hobbies you might give off an infectious aura of fun, warmth and joy. It's then that you might come across comfortable, at ease and possibly even confident since you're speaking abt something you know by heart.

Name everything you said earlier, just give it a try & you may never know coz they might just work for you! :wink:

Good luck tackling their unexpected FAQs tho coz you'll only have your tactfulness & quick-thinking to rely on...lol :)

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sun, 04 May 2008 5:54 pm

Angiezz... thanks alot... now i'm waiting for them to update in their webside n see when is the next interview in Malaysia. I'm sure will travel to that destiantion for the interview. This is my main priority... nothing can stop me...
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

sterk

Post by sterk » Sun, 04 May 2008 6:52 pm

Hey cythx.. you are really courageous to do so many attempts ! *salute*
If you (or anyone here )wanna impress the interviewers with some technical stuff regarding aircraft , pm me. I might just be able to help :wink:

All the best , cythx..

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Sun, 04 May 2008 7:13 pm

Sterk, thanks a lot... sure i will PM you regarding the technical stuff about the aircraft. By the way, i will try until i get it. Never give up!!! This is my principle... :)

chix

Post by chix » Sun, 04 May 2008 8:06 pm

oh gosh, when they put you under the spotlight thing to check your skin for scars or pimples, does it include moles?

i have 3 moles on my forearm, removing them may cause scarring, so i'm not sure whether sia allow moles on the arms/neck.

gmgm

Post by gmgm » Sun, 04 May 2008 9:24 pm

hi angiez,

i would like to know the total nos. of rounds for the cabin interview. i only know the first round is self intro in a group of ten.

what is the 2nd, 3rd,4th round etc?

pls advise.

thanks so much.

ngng

Post by ngng » Sun, 04 May 2008 9:38 pm

hi hi, i'm new here.
Does anyone know how is the working pattern like?
Ususlly how many days u will be back in singapore.
Thank you so much if anybody reply! :lol:

procastinator

Post by procastinator » Mon, 05 May 2008 1:11 am

anybody going for the walk in on 25 may?

Vyn

Post by Vyn » Mon, 05 May 2008 1:15 am

procastinator wrote:anybody going for the walk in on 25 may?

ME!
I think. lolx

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 05 May 2008 2:23 am

25th may @ Sheraton

1) llentimes
2) snowss
3) renn

:D
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22