Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: TRUST NO ONE

Post by aadvark » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:30 pm

Eugenehk wrote:Trust no one here except to see & judge for yourself. This is a fair statement. We all know that good things do not come cheap. Just be a little careful. That's all.
You are obviously not a very good shopper. There are such things called good bargains, else why would anyone go for discount sales? Not everyone falls for the "all good things come at a price" mantra.

All you people who keep dissing Dr Nara, if you haven't been to him or known anyone who has, stop your "he's so cheap it must be bad" crap. Stop insulting the intelligence of the rest of us who have gone there and have had good results done by him. If you have nothing good to say, then just shut your trap. We don't step all over your surgeon, you don't step on ours.

If you believe no one trusts anyone's recommendations in here, then you obviously are in this forum for no other reason than to plug sales for your surgeon.
Last edited by aadvark on Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:34 pm

qwertyuiop wrote:it's day 5 after my rhinoplasty.. the swelling had subsided by a bit
but i've a question.. my tip is very big now! is it because it's still swollen? it hurts when i touch it, but especially so on the left side.(is this normal?) the tip is big and hard. please tell me the reason it's so big is because it is still swollen and it will get smaller gradually. before the surgery, i had a very small tip. (not just my personal opinion. i consulted with woffles wu before and he told me i shouldn't change it, just do alar and raise the bridge.) the areas between the eyes and bridge and under the eyes also hurt a little if if i stretch the skin (when rubbing my eyes).

i'm going back to nara at the end of may. anyone going too?
yes, your tip will be hard and swollen for a while. It will take a while before you see the details start coming back. Give it a month plus for the tip to deswell as well. Swelling is usually not symmetrical, so one side may swell more than the other. You will encounter swelling and bruising all the way to under the eyes, but this fades after a week or so.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:36 pm

appletree wrote:
aadvark wrote:Just read EugeneHK's new thread entitled "PLASTIC & COSMETIC SURGERY abroad by World Renowned Surgeon".

An obvious jibe at me, since I'm the one who introduced the "too cheap to believe" 6000 baht dbl eyelid surgery.

Well, Mr Dubious-PM-Me-To-Find-Out-More-Salesman, why do you have to hide the info of your World-renowned surgeon? Why can't you share it here with the rest of us? Afraid we haven't heard of your "World-renowned Surgeon"?
Hi addvark,

been waiting to catch you online, but didnt have the luck to see you when im online..hehe. Hmm...wanting to ask you if you can share share the cost for doing lipo on neck and face over at tokai? Was it S$1000 per area?
Hmmm, seems that Dr Pat doesn't have a proper pricing system. More like see who can bargain better, then get a better price. I paid 30k baht for cheek lipo and under-chin lipo at tokai. That shld be around 1300 SGD for the 2 areas

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:41 pm

Just to make it clear, if anyone asks for recommendation, i will still recommend Dr Nara over Dr Pat for now, because my jaw implants have not reached a satisfactory stage yet. The lipo was not too bad, but doesn't tell me enough about his skills yet. Think the others who have gone for more detailed work with Dr Pat will be in better position to recommend him.

While with Dr Nara, all the procedures I have done with him so far (eyelids, rhino, alar, dimples, chin) have all been more than satisfactory. Though I am not an agent of Dr Nara, I still hate it when people diss the Dr who has made such huge changes in my looks and life :P

yunli
Regular
Regular

Post by yunli » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 1:26 pm

aadvark wrote:
qwertyuiop wrote:it's day 5 after my rhinoplasty.. the swelling had subsided by a bit
but i've a question.. my tip is very big now! is it because it's still swollen? it hurts when i touch it, but especially so on the left side.(is this normal?) the tip is big and hard. please tell me the reason it's so big is because it is still swollen and it will get smaller gradually. before the surgery, i had a very small tip. (not just my personal opinion. i consulted with woffles wu before and he told me i shouldn't change it, just do alar and raise the bridge.) the areas between the eyes and bridge and under the eyes also hurt a little if if i stretch the skin (when rubbing my eyes).

yes, your tip will be hard and swollen for a while. It will take a while before you see the details start coming back. Give it a month plus for the tip to deswell as well. Swelling is usually not symmetrical, so one side may swell more than the other. You will encounter swelling and bruising all the way to under the eyes, but this fades after a week or so.
yah, my nose tip seems bigger and nose seems bigger overall, i hope it will all come down really soon.

eh, want to ask, how long before the silicon is stabilised? am thinking of facial. dunno why after surgery, nose suddenly grow so much blackheads.
=(

yunli
Regular
Regular

Post by yunli » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 1:27 pm

sammyboi wrote:
momoko wrote:
yunli wrote: went to grassland

they had some 3d2n thing. i extended one more night. single pax.

leaving sg..

left at 7pm from golden mile. arrived 1000am singapore time at hatyai. transferred to lee gardens hotel with grassland-paid tut tut.

coming back..

waited for guide to pick me up at 1230pm thailand time(thailand is gmt+7). guide forgot till i called. came at 1pm.

reached grassland agent. boarded bus at 115pm.

massive jams at all the customs.

reached singapore at 800am singapore time.

think the other girl who went to nara travelled with a different agent. might be better.

the coming back to singapore was such a torture.
WOW 8AM looks like customs these days is pretty bad.
the other time i went i reach sg abt 4am - 5am!
i think taking flight will be better. i had booked the earliest fligth from tiger at $96(one way), then to n fro bbk to hatyai by airasia(S$100) then bbk to sg (airasia) at $140,coze airasia offter more flights back.. a pity airasia earliset flight is ard 10am which i think its qutie late... tiger better.. earliset flight 6.30am.. least i can reach hatyai by 12pm
think flying may be better alternative. just that coach is cheap and dont have to change planes(but the frequent stops are almost equivalent actually)

most pple seem to reach at 4-5am, think a suggestion would be not to come back on sunday.

yunli
Regular
Regular

Post by yunli » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 1:30 pm

littlepills wrote:
yunli wrote:
littlemissy wrote:hi Yunli,

would like to know what were your travel arrangements like??
went to grassland

they had some 3d2n thing. i extended one more night. single pax.

leaving sg..

left at 7pm from golden mile. arrived 1000am singapore time at hatyai. transferred to lee gardens hotel with grassland-paid tut tut.

coming back..

waited for guide to pick me up at 1230pm thailand time(thailand is gmt+7). guide forgot till i called. came at 1pm.

reached grassland agent. boarded bus at 115pm.

massive jams at all the customs.

reached singapore at 800am singapore time.

think the other girl who went to nara travelled with a different agent. might be better.

the coming back to singapore was such a torture.
hi yunli, i'm also going to hatyai by grassland coach and have bought the ticket, but the counter lady said the bus fare isn't inclusive of the price for transport from its agency there to lee garden. but how come yours include? thanks for your help.
apologies, but no idea really. maybe you can call and ask another person? cause the first time i went, this older man who served me didnt know his stuff and kept insisting my travel period was peak time(not!)..

could try your luck.

otherwise, it shouldnt cost much. probably 20baht.

qwertyuiop

Post by qwertyuiop » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 1:58 pm

yunli wrote:
aadvark wrote:

yah, my nose tip seems bigger and nose seems bigger overall, i hope it will all come down really soon.

eh, want to ask, how long before the silicon is stabilised? am thinking of facial. dunno why after surgery, nose suddenly grow so much blackheads.
=(
hi yunli! ok, so it's good to know that at least what we're experiencing is considered normal. yea, i hope that all the swelling will go away soon. i don't have any bruises (bruising occurred the night after surgery but went away by the next day because i applied arnica cream on them)

my nose has a lot of blackheads too! i think it's cos we can't wash our faces?

i want to apply a pore pack on sat or sun. don't know if it's safe or not.

yunli
Regular
Regular

Post by yunli » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 2:59 pm

qwertyuiop wrote:
yunli wrote:
aadvark wrote: yes, your tip will be hard and swollen for a while. It will take a while before you see the details start coming back. Give it a month plus for the tip to deswell as well. Swelling is usually not symmetrical, so one side may swell more than the other. You will encounter swelling and bruising all the way to under the eyes, but this fades after a week or so.

=(
hi yunli! ok, so it's good to know that at least what we're experiencing is considered normal. yea, i hope that all the swelling will go away soon. i don't have any bruises (bruising occurred the night after surgery but went away by the next day because i applied arnica cream on them)

actually i already did..too gross and dirty so i cant tahan. just be careful i guess.

i didnt have bruises after the surgery too. could be the sineech!=)

adonz
Regular
Regular

Post by adonz » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 3:00 pm

:)
Last edited by adonz on Thu, 19 Oct 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

momoko
Regular
Regular

Post by momoko » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 3:55 pm

qwertyuiop wrote:
yunli wrote:
aadvark wrote: yes, your tip will be hard and swollen for a while. It will take a while before you see the details start coming back. Give it a month plus for the tip to deswell as well. Swelling is usually not symmetrical, so one side may swell more than the other. You will encounter swelling and bruising all the way to under the eyes, but this fades after a week or so.

=(

do u feel ur nose bcum xtremely oil?
mine was leh. i didnt do anything til abt 2 weeks later, n even then, my nose hurts when i tried to stripe off the porepack. i went for facial 1 mth later, it kinda hurts when they massage my face / do extraction.
never too late to change!

qwertyuiop

Post by qwertyuiop » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 3:57 pm

adonz wrote:qwertyuiop: i'm intending to go in may too. thinking of going on a thurs nite, reach there fri morning and do. then sun come back. was thikning of vesak weekend. u wanna go together?
i think it'll be quite crowded then, and there won't be enough time for me to rest after surgery. i made an appt for the 28th.

rosegarden

Post by rosegarden » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 7:10 pm

adonz wrote:rosegarden: i'm facing the same prob as u too! i did face/ chin lipo n buccal fat removal. but that area still chubby! how?! keep me updated if u have found a solution. i heard tat can do botox too but i'm not too sure if i wanna do botox at such a young age...

anyone going to hat yai in may? i wanna go n do lipo but i'm scared to go alone... let me know if anyone is going and i'm welcomed to join! :)
Hi adonz! Ah, finally someone who koe which area of facial fat i'm tokking abt exactly... Haha~ I'm going to Dr Nara for body lipo on 12 to 17 May. Have book my air tickets and hotel accomodation already. If u're able to join me it will be great! Meanwhile, do u wanna chat on msn? U can drop me a pm and i can give u my hotmail add.

simplegal84
Regular
Regular

Post by simplegal84 » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 7:42 pm

my nose is pretty oil after rhino.. now look at it.. think maybe shd do alar..nose tip still feel hard and still not very symmetric.. it has been 1 mth.. overall looks natural, a satisfised customer.. wish to do the breast.. need to save up..

littlepills

Post by littlepills » Wed, 30 Apr 2008 9:06 pm

apologies, but no idea really. maybe you can call and ask another person? cause the first time i went, this older man who served me didnt know his stuff and kept insisting my travel period was peak time(not!)..

could try your luck.

otherwise, it shouldnt cost much. probably 20baht.
Thanks yunli. guess i'd ask around when i reached there. :)