Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
summer_evening

Post by summer_evening » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:26 am

Halo everyone!

I heard the next interview will be on 25th May. Let's check out the website for more details.

Cant wait for the next interview. heeheee..

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 2:28 pm

has anyone tried out microneedle therapy for ance scars?
一緒に青い空へ~

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 3:20 pm

berrilicious wrote:i got booted out at kebaya as well. I'm not sure if it's because of my pimples, my pox marks.. my vampire fangs or the scars .. =(

sounds like a need a chemical peel for my entire body.
Wah you sure have lots of problem... :o :o

Geraldine1988

Re: medical doctor

Post by Geraldine1988 » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 3:53 pm

Sokeai wrote:
pisces81 wrote:hi...

Can anyone tell me if the doctor conducting the medical check up is always the same doctor?
I rmb seeing 2 docs at the paragon clinic, the one that did for me is a lady. Not sure if it is always done by the same doc or not.

Hi there, i have done my 1to1 interview, passed. Afterwhich was given a medical form to fill in. Any idea why is it we were told to fill in the medical form before we go for the final round? Does the final Mgmt round look at our medical history? Or is the medical form meant for the clinic only? Thanks anyone who can anwer my queries =)

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 3:56 pm

serenade wrote:can anyone share how the management round is like? what do they look out for?
They will probably ask more personal questions. 1-on-1 asks for your take on different aspects of the job; teamwork, how you'd react to different scenarios, your strengths/weaknesses, current sia news, your perspective of certain things etc.

But the management will mostly likely ask about your family, yourself, current job/studies etc. Some may pop rather nervewrecking qns outa nowhere.
A friend got asked: You look like you come from a comfortable background. Friend: Yes, kinda.
Interviewer: I guess you don't do much housework then?
Friend, realizing what the interviewer was driving at: I do actually do them back home.
Interviewer: Really, even clean the toilet? What's the brand of the toilet cleaner you use then?
Friend: I'm not the one who buys them, but if I'm not wrong, Kiwi.

I wouldn't for sure know what they look out for but I guess apart from knowing more about you, they wana see how you carry yourself. I feel it helps to be comfortable and confident in your answers while being warm, amiable and jovial too. Letting nerves get the better might just hinder you from putting forth your best so just be yourself and go in as a chat with them, telling them abt yourself etc.

Good luck for those going stc for interviews this wk!
The interviewers there are nice. They kinda chat with you and make you feel more comfy. Another interview-mate was joking with them most of the time and it turned out good for him.

@Renn: Mya or some in this forum mentioned that the msian interviewers ask different qns; What would you do if you were elected PM of Msia for one day.
Don't know what else is different but I feel that your experience so far would help you through next time since you know what to expect here so have faith and try again! Imho it might be better than going elsewhere not knowing well what may come at you during the interviews. Good luck on your next try still, be it in kl or sg! :)

Geraldine1988

Post by Geraldine1988 » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 3:57 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
zetpeh wrote:
higgledy wrote:Hi scylous,

I passed my third round & same case like you, there isnt time for the next round. My time slot is at 1030am at next tue. What about u?? Gd luck to all!!!
So they told you to fill in the medical form right? But why must we fill in before we passed the final round? haha just curious =)

mine at 10.15 next tues as well

wahseh i thought someone said dun wan to try SQ anymore. =P lol joking la. goodluck OK. won't be in STC next tuesday. best of luck to peeps who are going for the management ya.
GeraldineGoh

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks Angiezz for the valuable tips.

Well, I guess the form is meant for the clinic to see, just in case we passed the rounds & can go to clinic for medical check up, preferably the following day.

Geraldine1988

Post by Geraldine1988 » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 4:25 pm

higgledy wrote:Thanks Angiezz for the valuable tips.

Well, I guess the form is meant for the clinic to see, just in case we passed the rounds & can go to clinic for medical check up, preferably the following day.

Thanks alot!=) As i'm new, i cant PM. Cheers!
GeraldineGoh

scylus

Re: medical doctor

Post by scylus » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 5:08 pm

Geraldine1988 wrote:
Sokeai wrote:
pisces81 wrote:hi...

Can anyone tell me if the doctor conducting the medical check up is always the same doctor?
I rmb seeing 2 docs at the paragon clinic, the one that did for me is a lady. Not sure if it is always done by the same doc or not.

Hi there, i have done my 1to1 interview, passed. Afterwhich was given a medical form to fill in. Any idea why is it we were told to fill in the medical form before we go for the final round? Does the final Mgmt round look at our medical history? Or is the medical form meant for the clinic only? Thanks anyone who can anwer my queries =)
Hi Geraldine,

congrats in passing your 1 to 1 interview. I also passed mine. I was also given the medical form. Btw, when are u going for the management round interview?

To others,

Can anyone provide some feedback on the questions which will be asked during the management round? Thanks.

Regards,
Scylus

berrilicious

Post by berrilicious » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 5:20 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
scylus wrote:
llentimes wrote: My cheeks area got alot old acne scars from a very bad outbreak during last year. Im booking appt to do chemical peeling.
isn't it very expensive to do so? How much does it cost?

approx $120-$150 per session. usually needs 3-4 sessions to see more permanant or good results for not-too-good cases..

higgledy i'm so sorry! i wasn't referring to you.. hah ai was saying zetpeh. coz we sort of know each other since some time back. yupp i dun know u.. do i? hmm.. anyway! all the very best to you in your interview and hope to see u on board! =)

Hi Rainschocolate,

can i find out where you did your skin treatment?

sorry i cant PM you as i've not enough post.

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 5:26 pm

scylus, angiezz has actually answered your question already. it's just a page before this. :)

scylus

Post by scylus » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 6:57 pm

hafiz_ wrote:scylus, angiezz has actually answered your question already. it's just a page before this. :)
thanks Hafiz.. blur me~

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 7:07 pm

no worries. just relax and dont get tensed up during your mgmt round. and smile lots! haha. :)

scylus

Post by scylus » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 7:15 pm

hafiz_ wrote:no worries. just relax and dont get tensed up during your mgmt round. and smile lots! haha. :)
i scare that i'll flop. 1st attempt, really dunno what to expect. Stuttered in the 1-1 interview coz i was too nervous. i also read wrongly for the passage. haha~

Angiezz

Post by Angiezz » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 7:48 pm

Geraldine1988 wrote:
higgledy wrote:
I actually think that the medical form right before the management interview is just kept with sia for their documentation/reference. Coz later at the clinic you'll be filling another similar but more comprehensive one which the doc will go thru with you verbally after you've filled it up. Apart from declaring past hospitalisations/operations, allergies and family med history, you'll be asked on the form if you have flat-footedness, cramps, contact/eye problems etc.

From the 2nd med declaration form, the doc (same paragon female doc as the rest it seems) will decide if you're fit for duty or not. This form will also be forwarded to sia. Most people just say they don't have certain symptoms so they can be cleared easier. I may have the occasional cramps but I said I don't too..hehehe...