Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mya

Post by mya » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:31 pm

Heya,
they usually mention 2 wks but it could take longer.
Am unsure of things in kl but in sg I've heard of some who even got the call a day after their med check up.
The usual is ard 2 wks but afew I know took ard a mth too. If it takes too long (ard a mth), you could consider emailing/calling them coz after that, they'll look into your case again and respond sooner.[/quote]

thnx 4 ur previous reply angiezz..
just email them.waiting 4 their rply,, :-|

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 2:26 pm

Hi scylous,

I passed my third round & same case like you, there isnt time for the next round. My time slot is at 1030am at next tue. What about u?? Gd luck to all!!!

smurfieee
Regular
Regular

Post by smurfieee » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 2:32 pm

for those whom made it thru...congrats!!! please keep your handphone with ya all the time! i got a missed call from SIA last wed morning...and I was at a meeting, didnt had my phone with me...until now...they didnt call again...sigh...so....word of advice..keep your phone within your reach at all times!!

once again..congrats!!
::s.m.u.r.f.i.e.e.e::

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 4:26 pm

higgledy wrote:Hi scylous,

I passed my third round & same case like you, there isnt time for the next round. My time slot is at 1030am at next tue. What about u?? Gd luck to all!!!

mine at 10.15 next tues as well

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 5:47 pm

once again, thank you everyone here! dont say me already lah. very paiseh. haha. then again i've got to clear medical too! anyway, like i said earlier on, do not give up trying! jia you!

berrilicious

Post by berrilicious » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 6:08 pm

hi girls,

is SIA very particular about having the perfect set of teeth?

Or are they just concerned about roal hygiene?? :???:

mya

Post by mya » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 6:24 pm

hi berrilicious...

i hav diz vampire teeth n itz really obvious when i laugh. but i still managed to passed the intrview lohh..

dont wory laa :)

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 8:20 pm

zetpeh wrote:

mine at 10.15 next tues as well

wahseh i thought someone said dun wan to try SQ anymore. =P lol joking la. goodluck OK. won't be in STC next tuesday. best of luck to peeps who are going for the management ya.
the world at your doorstep.

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 8:49 pm

Hi rainschocolate,

honestly, i didnt want to try this recruitment. However, it was my bf who supported me & told me that since I'm bent in becoming cabin crew, I should perservere and try every recruitment. & I tried to persuade my sis to go with me, as she's also very keen about it. But she was very skeptical on it & didnt want to face disappointment so I went myself! It was a long wait but who knows, a pleasant surprise for me. I m keeping my fingers crossed & hopefully, we are able to meet up someday as colleagues of possible! I do want to leave the titanic. LOL LOL LOL

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 8:56 pm

sokeai! happy birthday! :wink:

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:00 pm

[quote="hafiz_"]thanks guys! :)

llentimes, you could have said hi to me! haha. anyway people, don't give up! they actually do take note of your number of attempts and i'd suppose they'd see that as determination on your part! so yeah.

Hafiz...I knew u will have bday luck. hehe. U r so close to ur dream,i'm sure u will pass ur medical too... Anyway, how do u know they DO take note of how many attempts u tried?? Did ur interviewer mention it to u thats y? hmm. i wonder.

Did u ask when is the next recruitment?

scylus

Post by scylus » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:00 pm

Hey..

My round is tml at 9.50am. Very worried. I dunno hw it will be like? Sigh~

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:15 pm

Abercrombie wrote:Congrats Hafiz.. =D> All the best for for your flying...You will get to wear the new uniform :P
steward got new uniform?? no longer blue man?
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:22 pm

Angiezz wrote:Did you go through your management at Shenton or stc btw?

Word was that in contrast, stc's interviewers are less rigid, more jovial and it might be easier to pass there but I'm not sure how true that is, although I did find the stc interviewers more pleasant & laid-back than the straight-faced ones at shenton...lol

ya...I really hope there will be a write-in soon. I have failed skin-check twice during mar & apr! I BADLY need to go for chemical peel. worst of all, maybe plastic surgery...change my face condition.

Anyway, cant really blame them for being straight-faced interviewer. Its sunday, their offday, but they still have to work frm 9-6pm. Quite tiring for them as well.
Lets just hope there will be a write-in SOON...
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:35 pm

what skin problems do you have?
一緒に青い空へ~