Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 7:27 am

notyesnot wrote:what time would be right to turn up for the interview? Will they recruited more steward this time round? Thanks guys for replying me previously.. :)
The recruitment for guys is always small as they have more then enough guys but they are always short of girls.

mya

Post by mya » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 9:03 am

who? i didnt even heard that in pre-employment briefing...

well smurfieee..aftr they told me i passed the intrview,a gurl (she's frm the mngment i guess) inform me dat ive 2 prepare all the xpenses.if i got no money,i can ask 4 loans or smthg like dat la.n then they wil deduct da loan frm my mnthly salary.itz juz a simple short briefing,coz y noe,im da last gurl dat day,,quite rushing loo,,datz y i dnt hav enuf time 2 ask her diz n dat..

mya

Post by mya » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 9:09 am

mya wrote:who? i didnt even heard that in pre-employment briefing...

well smurfieee..aftr they told me i passed the intrview,a gurl (she's frm the mngment i guess) inform me dat ive 2 prepare all the xpenses.if i got no money,i can ask 4 loans or smthg like dat la.n then they wil deduct da loan frm my mnthly salary.itz juz a simple short briefing,coz y noe,im da last gurl dat day,,quite rushing loo,,datz y i dnt hav enuf time 2 ask her diz n dat..

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 9:41 am

That $3000 is to prepare you for your living expense in this expensive country.
Room rental, $ 500 x 3 mths = $1500,
Canteen breaks and Lunch in STC, $5 x 20 days x 3mths training =$300,
Daily Dinner and off days lunch, (90 days x $4) + (24 sat /sun x $4) = $456
Transport, $6 x 60 days = $ 180
Appropriate Clothings for training = $300

Grand Total = $2736 ( The above figure is an estimate of a typical no life, no fun life style here so no shopping, partying, Starbucks coffee or karaok etc ya)

Add or subtract any other expenses accordingly to your needs. ( contact lenses,shampoo,hair gel,spray,pad pad etc)

$3000 is a reasonable amount to have for the above expenses to last you through the 3 months here. Of course you will get paid along the way but $2300 to start off with would be good in my opinion. You can always take up the loan from them as it is a no interest loan and repayment will be through your monthly pay. :wink:

mya

Post by mya » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:09 am

thanx Abercrombie!!dat really helps a lot!

So how do I apply 4 da loan?
About da room, will they arrange dat 4 me?
Will I share the room wit othr gurls?
The food...is it halal..cz me a muslim dear,,

Anyone frm Msia?? \:D/

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:20 am

So how do I apply 4 da loan? Do it on your 1st day of training.

About da room, will they arrange dat 4 me? You will have to find your own room, share with your batch girls???

Will I share the room wit othr gurls? If you have the $$$ you can rent the house by yourself, or your can share with as many as the owner allow.

The food...is it halal..cz me a muslim dear,, There is muslim food all over the place here,STC too.

sunkisstiffy

Post by sunkisstiffy » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:31 am

i saw this from the application form:

6. Have you any visible scars, birthmarks and/or pigment spots on your face, neck, hands and lower arms?

do i have to say yes if i have freckles?

mya

Post by mya » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:58 am

juz a simple story 4 those who'll b goin 4 interview..

lst 2 mnths,i accompany my fren 2 the intrview.while waiting 4 her,i suddenly tot,y shudnt i try..it'll b a great2 xperience,..plus im so tired lahh waiting 4 her,doin nthin.

when its time 4 my turn,1st round:(im in a group of 10) i was like "wut m i doin here??so mny beautiful gurls!". but since i got there,n hav wait 4 almost 3hrs,i dcided 2 juz go! unlike any othr grup which starts wit self introdction,the interviewer asked us "wut would u do if u re da prime minister of msia 4 1 day?"..n the gurls..they answered vry2 well,wit cnfidence..so mny answers,culture la,community la..they blew me away!me?i'm shaking,but yet,try 2 answer my best.

then noe wut, in my grup,im the only gurl,who passed the 1st round!funny lehh..then after dat i dcided to juz go on..n pheww,,passed the final round..my advice:juz b urself.sum1 said 2 me,whn u feel unconfident, dat is da time people c u vry cnfident.true or not..dunno la..

but unfrtunately,my fren didnt pass da interview.. :roll:

mya

Post by mya » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:17 am

ooo ok..thnx a lot!

ive done my med chckup last 2 weeks in kl.how long does it tke for them 2 call me back or inform me anythg coz im quite worry laa...

summer_evening

Post by summer_evening » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:18 am

Mya...your msg was vy encouraging. You passed the interview even without preparation. That was great...!!

I feel very inconfidence as well even though i got the encouragement from my coll & friends ard to go for the interview.
I was supposed to attend the interview on 23 Apr at STC but i din turn up. Coz i was not well prepared for it.
May i know what is e ques that will be asked during the interview? The interview only take one day?
I suppose you attended in KL right? not Spore..

mya

Post by mya » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:51 am

yeah..dat 1 was in kl.they say itz juz da same as spore,,

1st round: they'll ask u 2 introduce urself.juz tell them ur name,age,wut u r currently doin,n y u want 2 b part of their team.but u cant xpect wut they'll ask though,coz mine..like ive mentioned b4,they asked "wut wud u do if ure da PM of msia 4 1 day"..

then going 4 kebaya fitting.the kebaya all came in one size only,,so make sure they suit u well.they wil ask u 2 walk a lil bit,check whether u hav scars in any visible areas..but dont worry too mch la..ive hairy arms u noe,they juz ask me to remove it later,,a gurl hav birthmark but she managed to conceal it..blieve me,theyre vry2 nice people..theyll easily make u pass dat round..

nxt: 1-1 intrview.not too mch stress la,the interviwer wil juz chat wit u,,ask u a few questions,mine:he ask me whther im willing 2 clean da toilet..haha..he'll give sum situation also,2 c how well u can handle diz n dat,,then he'll ask u to read a passage..thats all..

final round:2 intrviewers n u.same as 1-1 intrview.a bit questions bout SIA,whre it fly to..(thank God b4 dat ive mingle wit the girls n they told me bout these things!)..they wanna c ur seriousness towards da job..how u can cope being away wit ur fmily.....n voila! ure done.

all in one day.u'll noe the results rite after dat.wish u gudluck dear!!u can laa..once uve passed the 1st round u'll feel relieved n bcome more natural,,trust me.. :lol:

summer_evening

Post by summer_evening » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:19 pm

Thanks sOoo much Mya! i think u must have presented urself very well that'y y u passed thru all the rounds....

Your answers is a great help to me. I will try my best...

Regarding the medical check up..im sure they'll call u soon.....not to forget the report came fr Msia..sure will take slightly longer..

FYI...i am also a msian but working in spore now..So when r u comin to spore? Wish u all da best ya..

mya

Post by mya » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 1:05 pm

owh so ure msian?datz great!r u johorian??me juz came back frm Spore last saturday..well,I also try for SilkAir,n yeah i got it too..however working wit SilkAir is mybe a lil bit diffrent..not suitable 4 those who likes to go 4 sightseeing,,means work,work n work laaa...so i decided to go wit SIA...but if theyre recruiting again u can alwyz try if u like... :)

pisces81

medical doctor

Post by pisces81 » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 4:40 pm

hi...

Can anyone tell me if the doctor conducting the medical check up is always the same doctor?

notyesnot

Post by notyesnot » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 6:57 pm

any male going for sunday interview?

can pm me.. get to know more frens... Image