Singapore Expats

Hi anybody can assist...

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Des
Regular
Regular

Hi anybody can assist...

Post by Des » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 8:23 pm

How to let a women survive in her PR status that sponsored but husband, how long the max period length of PR(Blue IC), wat if the husband not willing to apply the Spore citizen for her all this years in their marriage then they divoce, wat muz she do as a single parents with 2 kids?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Hi anybody can assist...

Post by ksl » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 5:48 pm

Des wrote:How to let a women survive in her PR status that sponsored but husband, how long the max period length of PR(Blue IC), wat if the husband not willing to apply the Spore citizen for her all this years in their marriage then they divoce, wat muz she do as a single parents with 2 kids?

Looks like you may have a serious problem if he divorces you, but i guess it also depends how long you have been living here too, you may qualify, to seek pr status yourself, although i wouldn't know. The best thing to do is to talk with MOM about your situation if you have been here for years, and discuss with them your fears...maybe they can tell you what to do.

Otherwise you may end up in more trouble, than you can deal with, if you over stay, and you have your kids to think about, I believe your ex hubby may not get away with it so easy, when children are involved, although who really knows, what happens in Singapore.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 7:34 pm

Des wrote:How to let a women survive in her PR status that sponsored but husband, how long the max period length of PR(Blue IC), wat if the husband not willing to apply the Spore citizen for her all this years in their marriage then they divoce, wat muz she do as a single parents with 2 kids?
The P in PR stands for Permanent. So in theory if I correctly understand you can stay in Singapore rest of your life. There does not seem to be any validity period on the Blue IC card either. The re-entry permit is another issue, that needs to be renewed if you wish to go out of the country and still come back.

If you are employed you can apply on your own without sponsorship from husband.
From ICA FAQs
"I was granted PR under the sponsorship of my spouse, can I apply for citizenship?
If you are gainfully employed and have satisfied the residential requirement, you can apply for Singapore citizenship based on your own merits. However, if you are not gainfully employed, you can only apply under sponsorship of your spouse who is a Singapore Citizen. "

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:07 pm

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
The P in PR stands for Permanent. So in theory if I correctly understand you can stay in Singapore rest of your life. There does not seem to be any validity period on the Blue IC card either. The re-entry permit is another issue, that needs to be renewed if you wish to go out of the country and still come back.

If you are employed you can apply on your own without sponsorship from husband.
From ICA FAQs
"I was granted PR under the sponsorship of my spouse, can I apply for citizenship?
If you are gainfully employed and have satisfied the residential requirement, you can apply for Singapore citizenship based on your own merits. However, if you are not gainfully employed, you can only apply under sponsorship of your spouse who is a Singapore Citizen. "
PPF,

You are absolutely correct. If one never leave Singapore one doesn't even need the re-entry permit. But that also means cannot go to Batam or JB either. All she needs to do is get a job and if she has to young'uns to look after then she better find a job. If they (the children) are Singapore Citizens (especially if one is a boy) all the more reason for the Gov't to give her Citizenship.

Oh, it's not MOM she needs to talk to but ICA (Immigration & Checkpoints Authority) The link can be found on my help page in my signature link.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Des
Regular
Regular

PR status

Post by Des » Fri, 04 Apr 2008 9:10 pm

So I double confirmed that my fren can still go on her divore and keep her SG citizen kids apply on her own merit Pink ic with the current job she holding... my concern will she get her kids??? she got no relative leh here not even home, currently she staying with her husband they brought the house both came out CPF....

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:27 pm

Obviously at that point she needs to see a lawyer. That we are not. Well I'm not anyway and I doubt one would give their opinions for free. I guess it would be determined by the reasons and all the other facts of the divorce.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

phil30k
Regular
Regular

Post by phil30k » Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:03 am

This post brings to mind foreign nationals trying finetune business schemes to obtain foreign citizenship through the marriage and divorce of a Singaporean citizen as a starting point to obtaining other citizenships or bringing in more foreign nationals.

Des
Regular
Regular

Post by Des » Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:15 am

phil30k wrote:This post brings to mind foreign nationals trying finetune business schemes to obtain foreign citizenship through the marriage and divorce of a Singaporean citizen as a starting point to obtaining other citizenships or bringing in more foreign nationals.
Well basically not at all, U wouldn't knew if she really have troubles in her marriage...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Apr 2008 9:47 pm

phil30k wrote:This post brings to mind foreign nationals trying finetune business schemes to obtain foreign citizenship through the marriage and divorce of a Singaporean citizen as a starting point to obtaining other citizenships or bringing in more foreign nationals.
phil30k, I've been here over 25 years now. It is also reminiscent of the old Singaporean SPG's of the '80's as well. Although that has changed considerably in recent years but still exists but not quite as blatantly as before.

Des,

I will ask you nicely to tone down your signature. Otherwise I may find that it is obnoxious and remove it completely. I also do not believe this is about your "fren" (It's "friend" by the way) as much as I believe it is about YOU. You seem to be carrying way too much venom for it to be "a friend".