Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 2:28 am

Last edited by summerboy02 on Wed, 23 Apr 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 2:29 am

Dear all

How long would it take to finish all the interview rounds within a day assuming i reach the interview venue at 830am and im lucky enough to breeze through the rounds?That's because I'm working in the afternoon on 27April
Thanks

jasurinu

Post by jasurinu » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 8:55 am

jiakel wrote:
jasurinu wrote:Just want to check with you guys for those whom have tried the interview before but have fail. When you go for interview again, did you put the date on the previous fail attempt or just put its ur first time?

If you put you have previously gone for the interview would they dig out the system to see how come you was boot out and reduce your chances of getting in ?

For the recent recruit, is there any candidate who got in who doesnt have good complexion as in open pores and whitehead, blackhead face problem ?

Hope someone can advise me on the above
yes please put all the times you've failed. its very important to be honest as they can just check their database for your applications.

and nope definitely they wouldnt reduce your chances of getting in. i failed the first time 'cos i had a few pimples (didnt cover properly) due to exams stress. the sec time, the kebaya person asked me why i failed the first time and how i attempted to rectify the probs and i got through. during management they asked me again and i got through too. i think they just want you to understand your own probs and rectify them.

and dont worry too much about complexion; as long as it can be covered they wouldnt be so hard on you. who in the world has perfect complexion?? good luck!

HiHi, thanks you so much for your rpely... feel much better after hearing it ... heaved a sigh of relief. Coz im feeling quite inferior abt my complexion and teeth and i felt that when im feeling inferior i wont have the confidence which i reali dnt have to start with. Thanks :)

jasurinu

Post by jasurinu » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 8:55 am

rainschocolate wrote:
jasurinu wrote:Just want to check with you guys for those whom have tried the interview before but have fail. When you go for interview again, did you put the date on the previous fail attempt or just put its ur first time?

If you put you have previously gone for the interview would they dig out the system to see how come you was boot out and reduce your chances of getting in ?

For the recent recruit, is there any candidate who got in who doesnt have good complexion as in open pores and whitehead, blackhead face problem ?

ME LA ME LA.
my skin no good no good. *shakes head*
but i pass interview last year december leh, considered recent? lol
Haha no good to what extend ? then did they put u under the spot light ?

Dylla
Regular
Regular

Post by Dylla » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:43 am

rainschocolate wrote:

ME LA ME LA.
It seems that most ppl are facing complexion problem...as for me, im still facing "overweight" problem...got booted out by SQ last year coz the lady claimed im on the heavy side...
well...Has anyone out there, able to overcome this matter before? Care to share/advise some tips on how to lose weight effectively? You can PM me also...
Advance Thank Q to that kind soul...

balukugirl
Regular
Regular

Post by balukugirl » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 1:01 pm

Hi, does SIA recognised Hartford Institue(Part of Raffles Educaion)'s Advanced diploma in Hospitality management?
' -Sweet Sweet Love `

lissy

Post by lissy » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 1:25 pm

Dylla...

Wads ur weight? im worried too..cos im on the heavy side too.. but my fren said tt she saw some big sized stewardess too.. :(
but i wonder if those are those rather senior ones tt grew fat after joining lol.. :?

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 4:40 pm

Dylla wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:

ME LA ME LA.
It seems that most ppl are facing complexion problem...as for me, im still facing "overweight" problem...got booted out by SQ last year coz the lady claimed im on the heavy side...
well...Has anyone out there, able to overcome this matter before? Care to share/advise some tips on how to lose weight effectively? You can PM me also...
Advance Thank Q to that kind soul...

Hi i was overweight before like about 86kg. I stop eating rice alot as it put on weight and i continued to eat small portions of food. Cut down on deep fried stuff. Try to do slow jog of running atleast 2.4km. I guess it should help .It work for me man.

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Re: help mi!

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 6:30 pm

HAPPY.GAL wrote:HI BABES.

I HAVE SOME ENQUIRERS.

I AM THINKING OF GOING FOR SIA INTERVIEW BUT I DON'T FIT THEIR REQUIREMENTS. AS I ONLY GOT 2 PASSES IN MY O'LEVEL WITHOUT ENGLISH BUT I PASSED ALL MY N'LEVEL SUBJECTS. IS THERE A WAY I CAN STILL QUALIFY THEIR REQUIREMENTS? I FIT THEIR OTHER REQUIREMENTS.

I HAVE QUITE ALOT OF EXPERIENCES IN CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE. WOULD THIS HELP ME ANY CHANCES CLOSER TO WORKING WITH THEM? I REALLY HOPE TO GET IN AS IT HAS BEEN A DREAM JOB I HAVE BEEN HAVING FOR YEARS.
Hello i have the same situation as you and got rejected when i when for the interview. So i am taking my diploma private now and also retaking 3 o level subject. They don't take in n level now. So i advise you to take a dip or retake o levels. I also had 2 years of customer service but they did not take note of it as well. They want the qualifications i guess..

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 9:38 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
xanngac wrote:
Abercrombie, have you any recommendation for CAI besides visiting the pyramids and riding camels?
Why you don't want to graduate??? Then how about your dreams of flying :-s. Stay humble, be teachable, sociable and work work work.....you will be ok :wink:
Riding horse is more fun then riding the camels. The Camels are tall so its kind of an experience to ride it too. The pyramids is a must go, night laser show at the pyramids is not so interesting :-& The National Museum is a must go, there is the real Mummies in one of the rooms and you have to pay extra to go in there. Very well preserved. Bring your student pass and you can buy discounted tickets into the museum. You can also go for the Neil river cruise with dinner and belly dancing, mix review for that,so like it some don't, as for me I have not tried that. There will be a guy who will organise tours for crew waiting for you when you check-into the hotel and he has been doing that for the pass 10-15 years. All the crew goes to the various tour thru him. The night laser show at the pyramids is not so interesting. Food wise nothing nice to eat there so you should know what to do ya.
I don't want to graduate cause I miss my batchies ma. Anyway too late already hahaha graduated.

Woo! I'm so looking forward to Cairo then. Probably give the night laser show a miss. Yea cant wait to go see the museum! Hee thanks for the info. :)
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 9:45 pm

Abercrombie wrote: Try making friends with people from the other batches too, you guys can go outing together after class or during the weekends. The canteen is a big melting pot :wink:
Couldn't agree more. Anyway just try to open up to the foreigners, for all you know, they think we're being unfriendly that's why they stick to their own group right. :)

Take the initiative and I'm sure things will turn out fine. Arrange a class outing, it'll help. My batchies and I started getting along better after our 1st outing. Everything takes time and effort, before you know it, you find yourself reluctant to graduate cause you start to miss everyone. :)
And so my journey begins... :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:18 pm

So where to for your 1st solo, Cairo?

notyesnot

Post by notyesnot » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:52 pm

hello me thinking going for the interview this sunday.. I going for the steward interview.. Do i just need to bring along the application forms and the originals of the edu cert i have and identity card? Please advice on the dress code for and interview.. Great thanks

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:53 pm

i wanna go cairo too.. =)
the world at your doorstep

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:05 pm

notyesnot,

it would be good if you could bring all those you listed. forms will still be available for you to fill in should you not have one. attire-wise, shirt and pants and dress shoes. a tie would be good too. :)