Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xj

Post by xj » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 5:00 pm

does anyone know how to conceal scars on face? :? my chances of getting in is damn slim right.. no matter how i present myself.

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Age requirement and experience

Post by caryssa » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 8:36 pm

leoltc wrote:hi,

i really wan know SIA have accept the male steward?
my dear leoltc, of coz they do.. :lol:
Accomplish or do not begin

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 9:07 pm

hi! i just realised us new batches are only trained on B777, which is so sad 'cos we can't fly to certain places. so im wondering how long after we start our solos would we be trained on A380? thanks!

jellybean08

Post by jellybean08 » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:07 pm

jiakel wrote:hi! i just realised us new batches are only trained on B777, which is so sad 'cos we can't fly to certain places. so im wondering how long after we start our solos would we be trained on A380? thanks!
oh ... so which r the places we wont be able to travel to ? do enlighten us

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:14 pm

yingying2888 wrote:your welcome ppl..

i'm actually quite afraid that they will warn me for posting so much info on the web.

anyway bond period is still the same 22 mths starting from the day u start training..

attire for the training will be clothes appropriate for the office or business meetings.. no kebaya, because it will take bout 1 month for the tailor to complete only one set of uniform. you will only be able to start to wear casuals when u go for ur safety training which will be in the second month.

kebaya will only be worn during the wet and dry run so do prepare some formal wear to go to work.
Yingying, just to let you know, there are people in the office who reads the forum hor. You realised I took down my pic here already hehe. Anything to do with company info, to play it safe, either PM or at least, don't reveal your identity la! :)

No need to be super formal also la, can wear dress with cardigans also. Any attire that looks neat and semi-formal is accepted as well, in case you all thought wrongly and start stocking up on power suits! Keke.
Last edited by xanngac on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:15 pm

rainschocolate wrote:ying u got 1 big bible now, I'VE GOT 3. sian
u'll get your 2nd and 3rd one soon. lol and when the time comes, u're face will be like mine " OH, its ANOTHER one. -.-'' " LOL
Hehehe the SEP have to return one ma, and btw, the SEP one can take out the A380, B747 part, not very heavy liao. :) When you flying SNY ah?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:21 pm

jellybean08 wrote:
jiakel wrote:hi! i just realised us new batches are only trained on B777, which is so sad 'cos we can't fly to certain places. so im wondering how long after we start our solos would we be trained on A380? thanks!
Actually not alot of places B777 never fly to la, stop scaring yourselves cause B777 has many models. Its only a matter of time before all crew are trained on all aircraft type.

As to when, wait for mgmt to announce lor. Worry more about passing your exam, SNY and probation than when you start training A380 la hehe.

Anyway even if you don't fly to certain places, you can use your crew ticket and fly there ma, isnt it better to travel as pax than to work your way there? Hee so cheer up! :)

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:36 pm

xanngac wrote:
jellybean08 wrote:
Actually not alot of places B777 never fly to la, stop scaring yourselves cause B777 has many models. Its only a matter of time before all crew are trained on all aircraft type.

As to when, wait for mgmt to announce lor. Worry more about passing your exam, SNY and probation than when you start training A380 la hehe.

Anyway even if you don't fly to certain places, you can use your crew ticket and fly there ma, isnt it better to travel as pax than to work your way there? Hee so cheer up! :)
yesh yesh =) im just a tad disappointed cos i thought i might have some chances of visiting my bf who's working overseas, then i realise B777 doesnt fly to london. but yup as you said, no worries! though i heard its quite hard to apply for leave, need many months in advance. worst case ive heard is one whole year, which i think is really ridiculous!

anw jellybean, here are some cities B777 flies to: SIN, KUL, BKK, HKG, SHA, PEK, DEL, BOM, KHI, LHE, CAI, PER,
BNE, MNL, DPS, PEN, IST, AMS, ORD, FUK, KIX, NGO, HIJ, ICN, TPE, DXB and CMB.

there is still quite a number of other cities, so not so bad la =)

jellybean08

Post by jellybean08 » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:54 pm

jiakel wrote:
xanngac wrote:
jellybean08 wrote: oh ... so which r the places we wont be able to travel to ? do enlighten us

yesh yesh =) im just a tad disappointed cos i thought i might have some chances of visiting my bf who's working overseas, then i realise B777 doesnt fly to london. but yup as you said, no worries! though i heard its quite hard to apply for leave, need many months in advance. worst case ive heard is one whole year, which i think is really ridiculous!

anw jellybean, here are some cities B777 flies to: SIN, KUL, BKK, HKG, SHA, PEK, DEL, BOM, KHI, LHE, CAI, PER,
BNE, MNL, DPS, PEN, IST, AMS, ORD, FUK, KIX, NGO, HIJ, ICN, TPE, DXB and CMB.

there is still quite a number of other cities, so not so bad la =)

oic ... thanks ... though i wld love to visit london too :D

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 1:08 am

Even though no London, you will still get Paris, Milan, Frankfurt, enough to do lots of shopping already hehe. London you fly there on 380 as pax lor, people serve you instead keke, nice ma. :)

Don't think so much of the cities you cannot visit, think of all those places that you can visit instead. It's really just a few cities that we missed out on. ;)

jellybean08

Post by jellybean08 » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 1:15 am

xanngac wrote:Even though no London, you will still get Paris, Milan, Frankfurt, enough to do lots of shopping already hehe. London you fly there on 380 as pax lor, people serve you instead keke, nice ma. :)

Don't think so much of the cities you cannot visit, think of all those places that you can visit instead. It's really just a few cities that we missed out on. ;)
yupz .. gd advice ! always look on the bright side !... hope barcelona's included .. cause i wld hab visited tis place tis may , had i not been accepted by sia :D

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 1:17 am

Watch this! The Dim Sum Dollies on Singapore Girls :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IOjncQYn7jo

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 1:28 am

any tips regarding the 1st test that will be taken on the 2nd day of training based on the cd-rom given on the day we signed the bond? :?

evelynmeow

Post by evelynmeow » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 5:11 am

Hello all..

i'm very new to this and i have got lots of questions that i want to ask... Do advise if this is the wrong forum to ask these questions.. Noticed that there are a lot of helpful people here who gives good advice and honest opinions, hope i get some advice too.. I know it is going to be long winded but i do hope someone can help.. :-|
i want to be a cabin crew and of course being a Singaporean, i badly want to work in SIA.. Thing is i am already 27, going on 28.. and i only have 4 O level Credits and a Higher Nitec certificate in Accounting.. And i'm big sized, heavy top but small bottom and i have lost about 12Kilos since dec 07 and i weigh like 64Kilos now.. i am still trying to trim down, much to the annoyance from the boyfren who prefers me fleshy.. Anyway, i was thinking of trying for the interview at least once or twice before i am convinced that i cannot make the 'grade' and settle to do my accounting degree :( Anyone thinks that i stand any chance? I am not that bad looking, not very pretty though but neither am i ugly and i am quite sociable. But becoz of my size, i am sure that i will be turned away. The most important thing is the kebaya fitting, how big are the largest sizes? i am worried that i may burst the seams.. and then everyone will laugh their head off.. coz i am quite hefty on top but smaller on my bottom and thighs... How like dat? :???:

pisces81

Post by pisces81 » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:08 am

Haiya stress liao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I failed my medical !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lolx! Beginning to have love-hate relationship with SIA oredy hahaha! Anyway any male cabin crew here got exempted from National Service? If got, what reson did u guys gave? Heaven pls help me .... ;(