Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kyys

Post by kyys » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:11 pm

reduction su
Last edited by kyys on Sun, 13 Apr 2008 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

simplegal84
Regular
Regular

Post by simplegal84 » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 1:03 pm

pls dun continue this war anymore since mr advaark has already say peace. people wan to get info or help from this forum, not see nasty remarks flying around, if not it will be a vicious cycle.

i emailed dr nara, he asks me to send him some pic of my recovery. waiting for his reply. he wldnt jus ignore u or anything. responsible doc.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 1:48 pm

I had rhino and alar in Feb by Dr Nara...overall i am quite pleased with my nose bridge...but then again, I will be heading to tokai for tipplasty(no choice....my nose tip too big liao)

I had email Dr Pat from Tokai, he mentioned that if he is going to do tipplasty he have to remove my implant do tipplasty then place the implant back....The whole procedure will be 30,000Baht...
Since I mentioned to him that I have done alar and rhino, he said that my big tip may be due to improper implant size....which I doubt so...coze I compared my before and after nose, my nose tip is big :shock: as borned..
After the surgeries by Dr Nara, my nose ridge has visible rim :)

I even asked Dr Pat about buccal fat pad removal...I want to make my 'fleshy round' face...more to the oval sized :wink: As well as cheek (malar) implants....He quoted me 25,000Baht for each surgeries...

Nose surgery+buccal fat pad removal+cheek implants= 80,000Baht....Do U think I can ask him for discount or stick to the price that he have quoted me???
(=^_^=)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 3:36 pm

snowss wrote:I had rhino and alar in Feb by Dr Nara...overall i am quite pleased with my nose bridge...but then again, I will be heading to tokai for tipplasty(no choice....my nose tip too big liao)

I had email Dr Pat from Tokai, he mentioned that if he is going to do tipplasty he have to remove my implant do tipplasty then place the implant back....The whole procedure will be 30,000Baht...
Since I mentioned to him that I have done alar and rhino, he said that my big tip may be due to improper implant size....which I doubt so...coze I compared my before and after nose, my nose tip is big :shock: as borned..

I even asked Dr Pat about buccal fat pad removal...I want to make my 'fleshy round' face...more to the oval sized :wink: As well as cheek (malar) implants....He quoted me 25,000Baht for each surgeries...

Nose surgery+buccal fat pad removal+cheek implants= 80,000Baht....Do U think I can ask him for discount or stick to the price that he have quoted me???
ask for discount! :D
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 3:44 pm

aadvark wrote:
snowss wrote:I had rhino and alar in Feb by Dr Nara...overall i am quite pleased with my nose bridge...but then again, I will be heading to tokai for tipplasty(no choice....my nose tip too big liao)

ask for discount! :D
Any idea how much he will give :???: Yap, i think i will ask again when it's closer to the day i am heading down to BKK :)
(=^_^=)

qwertyuiop

Post by qwertyuiop » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 6:01 pm

is anyone interested in going to dr nara in the last week of april or first week of may? maybe we can get a twin/triple room + return coach package? i'm female so would prefer to share a room with female too

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 6:32 pm

Sampam is very knowledgeable and helpful but she is also very direct and to the point (which is great because you need that when discussing PS) and please don't take this as a negative thing forummers!

Aadvark is very helpful, friendly and a giving person. He was gracious enough to update us on his surgeries with before and afters with all the good and bad details for which I am always grateful for! BTW, can't wait to see your updates once the swelling is gone! :)

Bottom line is both of them are here to help, give and share information and guide us. I hope all of you forummers know this and we can continue to help each other. We all have different personalities but a common goal. Let us not lose perspective.

I am happy to welcome sampam to this thread/forum and glad she is here! This will benefit ALL of us! :)

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 6:40 pm

Sampam: you mentioned about vaser lipo. have you heard of water-jet lipo? apparently it is the least invasive form of lipo. I wonder if it is true. Sometimes you just cant trust docors or medical leaflets. I wonder if anyone has a review of this.

sampam
Regular
Regular

Post by sampam » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 7:47 pm

Thanks MBK! :D

Yep I do know of WAL. However youll have a nightmare finding anybody doing it. I dont know of any in Thailand that do it and even in the states only a few do it. Supposedly its better and less traumatising.

From what I know and think:

The old form of liposuction of just sucking fat out is very tramautic and dangerous.

The newer form(though still old) tumenescent is less tramuatic and painful post surgery but can have sides. However if your under GA then theyll prolly switch it over to super wet( i think thats what they call it) which basically means they use less saline etc solution and more vacuuming since your out anyways bypassing lidocaine toxicity issues, as would be the case in awake states of tumenscent.

Smartlipo(laser) from everyone that has tried it has said it wasnt very painful or traumatic. The key here is to ASPIRATE THE FAT OUT. Dont leave the fat in there. Smartlipo can be done 2 ways- 1. Just laser away and leave the fat there (commonly done at dermatologists etc) 2. Laser and aspirate the fat.
If you do smartlipo INSIST ON ASPIRATING REMOVING THE FAT. Its silly and stupid to leave all that fat there considering smartlipo will probably cost you more and leaving the fat there might only get you 30% of the results had you removed the fat not to mention your hdl/ldl etc will go completely out of wack leaving all that fat there. saline solution etc is still used just like in tumenscent.

VASER or UAL is using ultrasound and uses solution just like tumenescent. Supposedly better than standard but no real life cases show that. Like laser it burns/melts the fat down.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 3:00 am

found this old pic of a local celeb, anyone wanna guess who she is? :D

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 3:17 am

my nose by dr nara, 1 year 4 mths later

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 3:26 am

hmmm, it's been 1 mth, still think my jaws look huge. i have always liked my face shape from the front, just that jawline was not defined from the side, but now my face width has increase to twice its original size. haiz... :(

shall start sourcing for a revision in case it doesn't go down to a reasonable size. With the bigger width, i look older and fatter, definitely not positive on both accounts. granted, the side view and 45 degree view looks nice and defined, but i have got to face people somehow

qwertyuiop

Post by qwertyuiop » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 8:26 am

gosh, is that fiona xie? :shock: (i'm just guessing)

anyways, aadvark, are you myopic? i'm just wondering if you are, how you managed post-op after doing rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty together. (can't wear contact lenses cos of the eyes and can't wear specs cos of the nose :? ) thanks in advance!

Roxy_de_cup

sad

Post by Roxy_de_cup » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:10 am

Hi all,

Today is my third day after PS, still very painful. Izzit normal?
First two day horrible the blood keep dipping out.
When I 'm having dinner in my room the blood drip on the rice.so sad have to eat the blood rice. :(

I look at the mirror,my face look like monster Pig.
Oh when this swell will gone.
Stay here is just like a prison.very very boring.

ats_syd

Re: sad

Post by ats_syd » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:37 am

Roxy_de_cup wrote:Hi all,

Today is my third day after PS, still very painful. Izzit normal?
First two day horrible the blood keep dipping out.
When I 'm having dinner in my room the blood drip on the rice.so sad have to eat the blood rice. :(

I look at the mirror,my face look like monster Pig.
Oh when this swell will gone.
Stay here is just like a prison.very very boring.

What did you do ?

It's pretty nomal to look like a pig monster after PS on face, I did my eyes
and rhino together and I looked like I was hit by a truck for a week.

But I experienced minor pain and bleeding which went away day 3. The nose bridge was very tight and uncomfortable though. I think different people recover at a different rate. Just be patience, you will start to look good in a few weeks time when the swelling is gone. If you did your eyelids , be prepared it will take a long long time to look good.