Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
double e

Qualification

Post by double e » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 3:27 pm

Hi. I have a friend who just graduated from polytechnic and will only be receiving her cert in may. But she already gotten all her results slip. Additionally, she doesn't have 5 o level credits but her poly result was good. Any idea if she could attend the interview on 27th april?

smurfieee
Regular
Regular

Re: Qualification

Post by smurfieee » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 4:21 pm

double e wrote:Hi. I have a friend who just graduated from polytechnic and will only be receiving her cert in may. But she already gotten all her results slip. Additionally, she doesn't have 5 o level credits but her poly result was good. Any idea if she could attend the interview on 27th april?
of course! why not...anyway...think didnt even look at the transcript...they just want the cert! whahaa..

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 6:15 pm

fivecam wrote:oh, my mole is not that kind of flat mole that can barely see. i asked the doctor about removing it,he said i only can use excision and it will leave scar, what should i do? very troubled :?

pls lar..don be silly can. :shock:

glennC

Post by glennC » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 8:32 pm

anybody here knows if trainees are allowed to take time off to do traffic police test or strictly no off will be granted?

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:57 pm

glennC wrote:anybody here knows if trainees are allowed to take time off to do traffic police test or strictly no off will be granted?
u can miss a few hours safely but but but u have to inform and tell the instructors, get the relevant documents done. if u're lucky, u can join back ur class after missing a few hours. if u'll be gone for the whole day, they might ask u to drop out of your class and join the next batch, continueing from where u left out.
the world at your doorstep.

glennC

Post by glennC » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:07 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
glennC wrote:anybody here knows if trainees are allowed to take time off to do traffic police test or strictly no off will be granted?
u can miss a few hours safely but but but u have to inform and tell the instructors, get the relevant documents done. if u're lucky, u can join back ur class after missing a few hours. if u'll be gone for the whole day, they might ask u to drop out of your class and join the next batch, continueing from where u left out.
Thanks. if like that i think i find out more first after starting and better dun make the booking first although it's going to be only a few hrs in the morning.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:09 pm

hmm i suggest u can book e TP at 2+pm or smtng? den u can leave during lunch time.lol 1/2 day
the world at your doorstep.

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 4:12 am

Through own experience as i'm holding a Private Dip..

SIA do look at O levels cert.

But if u do not hit the minimum credit, a supporting Dip is alright...

they do go for the cert...

But if u've not graduated yet...The Best is to show them the Original of

your Final Transcript.

Private Dip and Poly Dip is acceptable.

They might even ask u when u'll get ur cert and when is the graduation.

:wink:

cherrycreampie

Post by cherrycreampie » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 8:36 am

hiya! planning to go for my first attempt this 27 april! Was wondering if they are really strict on the height requirements? I'm 1.57m only...

sidney93

Post by sidney93 » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 8:45 am

cherrycreampie- i heard they are quite strict! but if you can reach the tape on the wall that they marked off, should be alright!

i'm going too! :D

mizz

Post by mizz » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:13 am

i only got D7 for my olevels english....
as in the form need to state d grade i got for olevel...
im afraid that when they see d form ill be ask to go home on spot...before the 1st round
will that be the case????

i had already completed my poly diplimo
so which 1 will they look at?
is it more on the diploma compare to my olevel...
as im not too sure about this.(><)

smurfieee
Regular
Regular

Post by smurfieee » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:29 am

mizz : dont worry, they will look at your dip more than your Os...so unless you are not to the height requirement....you should be quite safe to stay....all the best for the interview!!!

viper
Regular
Regular

Post by viper » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:43 am

SIA is like Stat Board and other Ministries agencies, for 1st interview HR will request you to forward all your Original, O levels, Dip, Degree cert and all transripts. Depending on what position that you had applied for e.g. officer level (Degree). During the interview, the HR girl will take all your cert photo-copies and attach to your job application form. After the interview, HR will return you all the certs.

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 7:33 pm

mizz ur qns has been answered by smurfee...

on the form stated highest education attained...definately put ur dip right?

so even if Os is D7 for english shld be ok..

they wan the highest level of education..not jus Os. :roll:

double e

Post by double e » Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:32 am

double e wrote:
Hi. I have a friend who just graduated from polytechnic and will only be receiving her cert in may. But she already gotten all her results slip. Additionally, she doesn't have 5 o level credits but her poly result was good. Any idea if she could attend the interview on 27th april?

of course! why not...anyway...think didnt even look at the transcript...they just want the cert! whahaa..

okok. thanks for the info provided. But she will only getting her cert in may. Do you think sia will still accept her transcript during the interview?