Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:50 am

Roxy_de_cup wrote:
boii18 wrote:Day 16 of my recovery. So far what I can say is that the recovery has been uneventful. :)

No news is good news!

Tip getting sharper and sharper. Regained sensation on my tip already.

Bridge getting lower due to reduction in swelling and probably silicone shrinkage.

Alarplasty scar getting better. I'm just most worried about the alar scar.

Columella scar has disappeared completely.

Overall nose looks good ^^

Hi,

Does the all Process painful.
if you're doing at nara, then it should be less painful (post-op) than what boii went thru because he did tip refining with Dr Pat as well, which i think shld much more painful than implant alone. no pain no gain :D

The surgeries themselves shld be painless because of anaesthetic. If you do feel pain during the surgery, make sure you voice out to the doctor.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Roxy_de_cup

Post by Roxy_de_cup » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:04 pm

Hi,

How long will the swell gone.
look ok.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 2:22 pm

Roxy_de_cup wrote:Hi,

How long will the swell gone.
look ok.
give yourself 2 weeks to look normal enough to leave the house.
it will continue shrinking bit by bit till about 6 months later to achieve a stabilised shape and size

simplegal84
Regular
Regular

Post by simplegal84 » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:15 pm

sorry out of the topic:

when i was shopping ard in lee garden plaza hotel, i came across a dental clinic that offer laser teeth whitening.
anyone know anything about teeth whitening in thailand or spore?

came across this website:
http://www.promjaidental.com/

littlemissy

Post by littlemissy » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:16 pm

Anyone knows how long does recovery take before being able to go back to work? If doing both eyes and nose together..

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 11:18 pm

littlemissy wrote:Anyone knows how long does recovery take before being able to go back to work? If doing both eyes and nose together..
hey theres, since you going you want to meet up first to discuss the flight plans? I can bring my laptop so we can book the flight on AirAsia or TigerAirways.

Cause I don't want to book the ticket then you fly aeroplane ( as in, stand me down ). Haha.
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

littlemissy

Post by littlemissy » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 4:31 pm

okok!! boii18, I PMed you already!!

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 7:37 pm

finally, after 4 weeks exactly, all the threads have fallen out, and i am regaining slightly more feeling in the area at my chin below my lower left lip. I really do hope that it will start recovering and start shrinking more till i dun feel the implants in my mouth any more. *fingers crossed*

btw, anyone knows of a cheap and good place to get braces done? dun mind even if it's in JB :)

applehearts

Post by applehearts » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 8:26 pm

aadvark wrote:finally, after 4 weeks exactly, all the threads have fallen out, and i am regaining slightly more feeling in the area at my chin below my lower left lip. I really do hope that it will start recovering and start shrinking more till i dun feel the implants in my mouth any more. *fingers crossed*

btw, anyone knows of a cheap and good place to get braces done? dun mind even if it's in JB :)
hmm i'm doing my braces at NUH.. undergraduate doctor (actually graduates but they are on probation in NUH dentistry) who is supervised by the profs. price is like $2500 (excluding tooth extractions and x-rays)

you have a price range you are looking for?

my colleague does at paragon. expensive, but it takes a shorter time- she took out her braces after 1 yr 2 mths.

not much help, but still let me know if you need any other information for NUH/ paragon orthodontist :)

simplegal84
Regular
Regular

Post by simplegal84 » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 8:42 pm

recommended by podder in flowerpod for braces:
dr lee: 64552522
(cant really remember the name: shd be life dental clinic at amk central)
very popular clinic. always fully booked. pls call in advance
~ 2.5k include everything(if i din remember wrongly)

i went there for polishing of teeth. the doc is very gentle with the teeth, wldnt feel the pain. i ask him about braces before, but he say i dun really need and willing to spend time to educate me on braces etc wven though i m jus there for polishing.
i m thinking of putting on braces, cos teeth will move over time and i m worried will look worse a few yrs down the road

other than dr lee, there are otehr dentists too, so ask for dr lee cos i dun know about other doc.

suuz
Regular
Regular

Post by suuz » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 8:48 pm

simplegal84 wrote:sorry out of the topic:

when i was shopping ard in lee garden plaza hotel, i came across a dental clinic that offer laser teeth whitening.

I did this last summer in BKK banglampu district
It was 6000 baht, not so cheap...well and my theeth are a little lighter, still, as i have one crown which cannot be lighted up and i can still see a slight difference. I did a normal teethwithening thing not the britesmile, which is much more expensive.

They put a thing in your mouth to keep your lips away, then put some paste aroundt the gum then put the bleach on and a blue light, normally they do 2 rounds but i asked for a 3rd round as i was not so impressed LOL. same price. It is not so comfy and one thooth sort of felt burning (the paste was not applied well there) but i saw nothing afterwards so i guess all was fine.

i am going for it again :-)

daybreakk
Regular
Regular

Post by daybreakk » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:29 am

I dont know how true is this cause i never been to their dental, but i got a fren who works in bangkok, he told me that thailand dental is much more expensive than singapore.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:32 am

daybreakk wrote:I dont know how true is this cause i never been to their dental, but i got a fren who works in bangkok, he told me that thailand dental is much more expensive than singapore.

not sure abt normal cleaning la, but for the expensive stuff like veneers, crowns, laser whitening etc, thailand definitely cheaper than singapore

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 2:10 am

simplegal84 wrote:recommended by podder in flowerpod for braces:
dr lee: 64552522
(cant really remember the name: shd be life dental clinic at amk central)
very popular clinic. always fully booked. pls call in advance
~ 2.5k include everything(if i din remember wrongly)

i went there for polishing of teeth. the doc is very gentle with the teeth, wldnt feel the pain. i ask him about braces before, but he say i dun really need and willing to spend time to educate me on braces etc wven though i m jus there for polishing.
i m thinking of putting on braces, cos teeth will move over time and i m worried will look worse a few yrs down the road

other than dr lee, there are otehr dentists too, so ask for dr lee cos i dun know about other doc.
thanks, sounds good, will check it out cos i stay amk, just nice! :D

speedyy

Post by speedyy » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:51 pm

will the dimple look very fake after surgery?