Singapore Expats

Advice on pay package for fresh graduate

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
madura
Chatter
Chatter

Post by madura » Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:15 am

pi-chan wrote: My job offers started at 25 EUR a year ( so much i would have earned directly after my bank apprenticeship). Most job interviews had been very bad, so a HR guy from a well known german company asked me what i will do with my 2 kids during work. I told him, that we dont have children and they are not planned the next years. Than his answer was, why are you married if you are not having children, only for fun, or what? :???:
And why i want to work if i can stay at home and shop (because my husband would earn enough in his job, or if money is not enough i should buy less) :x
that was the worst one :wink: but all other in Germany were very similiar.
Oh? You can get away with such questions in Germany?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:03 pm

clicked the wrong button! :)

awesomearpit
Regular
Regular

Post by awesomearpit » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 6:06 pm

all "BA" degrees and all "fresh grads" are not alike.

It depends on what your skills are. which uni you graduated from, what type of job you are looking for, how well written your resume is and how well you can handle the interview.

that said, I'd say the "average" grad from the "average" local uni (nus/ntu/smu) would go for about $2500, though Ive heard of top banks offering upto $4000.

hututu

Post by hututu » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 5:59 pm

so low salary, sad...
TRYING TO GROW UP