Singapore Expats

Customer Service Agent for SQ...... or any other airlines!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
aftershocks

Customer Service Agent for SQ...... or any other airlines!

Post by aftershocks » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 10:14 am

Hello,

I've tried searching on the forum regarding information on becoming a customer service agent for SIA but had no luck. Maybe this is a bit off topic and I'm not sure if this forum is only geared towards becoming a flight crew...

Can anyone please provide any info as to how abouts I may apply for such position?

Thanks in advanced!

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 1:54 pm

Hi aftershocks,

you may check at SIA website under career section. But the last time they recruited for Customer Service Officers is last July. They will also advertise in the papers for this position. Shift work is required and possess a polytechnic diploma. :)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 6:34 pm

You can just go to http://www.sats.com.sg
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

aftershocks

Post by aftershocks » Sat, 08 Mar 2008 5:43 am

Thank you all for your kind responses!

I called up SATS and they basically pushed me away.. haha... told me to call back in 2 weeks time... I'm starting to believe it's not what you know, it's who you know.. hehe

I think getting in with SIA is like almost nearly impossible... And with their whole online job profile site, do they actually go through that? I mean, they have walk-in interviews for flight attendants, but yet, they still post on the site for cabin crew position?

giroro

Post by giroro » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 1:52 pm

hi, i am totally new here. so SATS is only for SIA right? how abt ground position for other airlines?
thanks

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 3:57 pm

giroro wrote:hi, i am totally new here. so SATS is only for SIA right? how abt ground position for other airlines?
thanks
You must spend time on the relevant airline or airline service company's website, see this; :shock:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... /index.jsp

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 8:31 pm

giroro wrote:hi, i am totally new here. so SATS is only for SIA right? how abt ground position for other airlines?
thanks
Not necessarily for SIA only. Some other airlines uses SATS services as well.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

curiousitycat

Post by curiousitycat » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 4:37 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
thanks
Not necessarily for SIA only. Some other airlines uses SATS services as well.
Yes SATS services is spread out, not just for SIA.
The two big ground handling servies are SwissPort and SATS.

SATS handles airlines such as British Airways/Qantas, Thai Airways, Qatar Airways, Jetstar , SQ, silkair etc.
just to name a few :)

there's a thread regarding airline jobs, some info on being a CSA with SATS :)

sqfanatic

Post by sqfanatic » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:49 pm

thanks
Yup! if u wanna work as check-in ground staff at the airport, such as customer services agent/officer, it wld be wif either SATS, CAAS or Swissport. I personally feel tt SATS is a better option as it handles most of the bigger names in the airport. And they actually 2 pools, 1 base in Terminal 2 and the other base in Terminal 1. If u got recruited to base in Terminal 2, then u'll be handling mostly SIA flights, among other airlines which are handled by SATS in Terminal 2 and 3. But if u are under the Terminal 1 pool, then u'll be handling airlines in Terminal 1 and 3 that are under SATS.

So instead of worrying how to apply for ground jobs for the diff airlines, u ought to actually apply for the job wif the diff ground handling companies. Unless u are looking for a job that represents the airline, like that of a airline rep, then u'll have to look out for any recruitment campaigns by the airline itself.

SATS last wk juz had a walk-in interview, it was published in the Straits Times on fri...

sqfanatic

Post by sqfanatic » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:51 pm

thanks
Yup! if u wanna work as check-in ground staff at the airport, such as customer services agent/officer, it wld be wif either SATS, CAAS or Swissport. I personally feel tt SATS is a better option as it handles most of the bigger names in the airport. And they actually hv 2 pools, 1 base in Terminal 2 and the other base in Terminal 1. If u got recruited to base in Terminal 2, then u'll be handling mostly SIA flights, among other airlines which are handled by SATS in Terminal 2 and 3. But if u are under the Terminal 1 pool, then u'll be handling airlines in Terminal 1 and 3 that are under SATS.

So instead of worrying how to apply for ground jobs for the diff airlines, u ought to actually apply for the job wif the diff ground handling companies. Unless u are looking for a job that represents the airline, like that of a airline rep, then u'll have to look out for any recruitment campaigns by the airline itself.

SATS last wk juz had a walk-in interview, it was published in the Straits Times on fri...

aikomei

Hi

Post by aikomei » Fri, 16 May 2008 7:32 pm

Hi is the csa for SATS for ladies onli?

pnxjamie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pnxjamie » Sat, 17 May 2008 2:27 pm

no. Both men and women

aillina

Post by aillina » Sun, 18 May 2008 12:07 am

i went for the SATS ground position interview, i think last 3 weeks and already went for the medical check-up and they said that i have to just wait for their call after the a week given for medical check-up. but it already been a week now and they havent call yet. so does anyone know roughly how long would it takes them to give u a call? 2 wks 3 wks?? :?

aikomei

Post by aikomei » Sun, 18 May 2008 12:39 am

aillina wrote:i went for the SATS ground position interview, i think last 3 weeks and already went for the medical check-up and they said that i have to just wait for their call after the a week given for medical check-up. but it already been a week now and they havent call yet. so does anyone know roughly how long would it takes them to give u a call? 2 wks 3 wks?? :?

They r recruiting pple again.after 1st interview,how long u wait for them to call u for checkup?

aillina

Post by aillina » Sun, 18 May 2008 3:59 pm

they dun call me to go for check-up. after the interview they gave me this letter to go for a check-up and only gave a week to do it, then they said that i just needed to wait for their next call which i have to meet them again. so is already been a week after the medical check and still no call yet, so i dunno how long will it takes them to call? and they also mention on the interview day that they will start training in June.. :?