Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
sarahbarah

Post by sarahbarah » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:40 am

has anyone gotten the cheekbone reduction procedure? please PM me!

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 3:38 pm

sarah: who are you getting it done with?

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 3:22 am

Hi DMC,

Congrats on ur pretty nose, it looks very natural! Actually my current nose now looks abit like ur previous nose with the goretex implant which is abit slanted to the left now.. sobz

Just curious you did the rib cart or the ear cart? Dr hsu suggest that i use rib in order to have a high nose that i want. Can i request for a high nose that looks like those japanese celebrities? hehe

Saw in dr hsu's website on your profile that you actually leave taiwan the next day? Im thinking to do the same too...so wondering where you actually had ur stiches removed in singapore? Is it very painful for the rib surgery?

Hope any guys of you can help me with that. Thanks a lot.

DMN wrote:http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/news/hsuyc ... 211121742/

Here is the link for my (revision) rhinoplasty procedure with Dr. Hsu. I never had a nice tip to start with and am thankful for his work.

cheers! :)

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 3:38 am

Hmm... im one of the very good example of failed nose job... :cry:
Hope i can achieve the nose i want from dr hsu.. :P

tanjhj wrote:Now for some failed Plastic Surgery. That is precisely why i dun recommend people got to JB PS saloon for PS thou they are cheaper than singapore. How you going to get Legal Compensation and the Medical Board to Regulate them. at least singapore, taiwan and korea has PS medical board and also The docs are fully Liable for the compensation whereas the JB PS saloon, the doc are just a employee....

Think before you wanna save some $..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjYEDSufrM

<object><param></param><param></param><embed></param><param></param><embed></param><param></param><embed></embed></object>

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 3:44 am

Hi all, does anyone knows where i can remove my eye bags in singapore ? How is the pricing like?
Last edited by appletree on Wed, 02 Apr 2008 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 3:47 am

Hi addvark,

MAy i know how much you did for the under-chin lipo and where is tokai? Is it painful to do lipo in that area?

aadvark wrote:
vivi-an wrote:hi i'm new here..planning to do double eyelid surgery end of april..is dr wong good?i'm quite worried actually..my right eye has quite obvious inner eyelid and left eye has done..dunno after surgery will both be balance or not..

aadvark: u had dimples done right..is it natural?
i heard felicia chin did at gleneagles, i assume by dr wong also?
i had dbl eyelids at first, but one side bigger than other, think good thing abt surgery is can help make both sides equal...

my dimples? at first damn unnatural, now one side fully recover le, looks quite natural, other side a bit slower, still got a faint mark, but otherwise seems natural too... but daybreakk's dimples have fully disappeared, cld happen for some ppl

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 3:58 am

appletree wrote:Hi addvark,

MAy i know how much you did for the under-chin lipo and where is tokai? Is it painful to do lipo in that area?
i did cheek lipo and underchin lipo together for 30,000 baht. Tokai is in bangkok. It wasn;t painful exactly cos i was under GA, but it was really swollen, balloon till my head looked like a ball. But 1mth later can see that the face really slimmed down after the swelling subsided
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

danita

Hairline Lowering procedure

Post by danita » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 2:13 pm

Hello everyone,

A new procedure's zoned into my plasticfantastic radar: Hairline Lowering.

Now this probably won't be of much interest to most people, but if like me you cringe whenever a windy up breeze threatens to dishevel your strategically positioned fringe and (horror of horrors) expose your naked undulating forehead, then take heart--help is at hand.

All my life I had to seethe in wretched, fringed envy while friends who won big in the genetic cranial stakes flitted about in headbands or gloated hirsutely with their long, side-swept fringes. It's not that I have an unnaturally protuberant forehead ala everyone's fave M&M, the venerable Mr Lee. It's just that I have a high hairline and with my fringe up I look like one of them aliens on Mars Attacks!

But! With this potentially life-changing procedure, my forehead and I will no longer look at a bandannas with unease, or an elegant updo ala Audrey Hepburn with unmitigated and unfulfilled desire.

Just one question though. The procedure is ridiculously overpriced (approx 10K), because at the moment, it seems that surgeons in the Western world are the only ones performing this procedure. Am I the only Asian with a high hairline? Surely there must be some Korean surgeon-whiz somewhere doing this? Does anyone know? The indefatigable Dr Nara maybe?

Here are some links to the procedure:
http://www.cosmeticsurgery.com/articles/archive/an~182/

http://www.kabaker.com/lower-female-hairline.php

Thanks,
Danita

whereshome

Re: Doing research for June.

Post by whereshome » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 4:05 pm

There is a vaserlipo thread. More info there. I had vaserlipo. I went home alone the same day and was fine. Local with IV sedation. But I expected better results.[/quote]

Thank you for that. What do you mean you expected better results?
Could you PM me? I don't have enough posts to PM.

Thanks

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 9:57 pm

Thanks aadvark for your infor..hehe. By the way, tokai is in bangkok? May i know the procedures are done by which doc from which hospital? Sorry for so much question ..hehe

By the way, i think i just saw yen on channel news 5 just now?? Was that you yen? :)

aadvark wrote:

i did cheek lipo and underchin lipo together for 30,000 baht. Tokai is in bangkok. It wasn;t painful exactly cos i was under GA, but it was really swollen, balloon till my head looked like a ball. But 1mth later can see that the face really slimmed down after the swelling subsided

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 4:14 pm

appletree wrote:Thanks aadvark for your infor..hehe. By the way, tokai is in bangkok? May i know the procedures are done by which doc from which hospital? Sorry for so much question ..hehe

By the way, i think i just saw yen on channel news 5 just now?? Was that you yen? :)

aadvark wrote:

congrats to yen for being the spokewoman for plastic surgery woman of singapore.

I recieved a invitation to do a survey or interview about plastic surgery in singapore and overseas last year or so, i thought it was a fake so didnt bothered replied back. it seem it was true afterall.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 5:14 pm

tanjhj wrote:
appletree wrote:Thanks aadvark for your infor..hehe. By the way, tokai is in bangkok? May i know the procedures are done by which doc from which hospital? Sorry for so much question ..hehe

aadvark wrote: i did cheek lipo and underchin lipo together for 30,000 baht. Tokai is in bangkok. It wasn;t painful exactly cos i was under GA, but it was really swollen, balloon till my head looked like a ball. But 1mth later can see that the face really slimmed down after the swelling subsided
congrats to yen for being the spokewoman for plastic surgery woman of singapore.

I recieved a invitation to do a survey or interview about plastic surgery in singapore and overseas last year or so, i thought it was a fake so didnt bothered replied back. it seem it was true afterall.
oh was that the one? i received that too! but didn't reply, haha :D

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 5:17 pm

aadvark wrote:

Tokai is in bangkok, correct :) Tokai isn't a hospital, but not really a clinic also, 4-level shophouse, with 2 well equipped surgery rooms, maybe i shld call it a hospice?

mbk
Regular
Regular

Re: Hairline Lowering procedure

Post by mbk » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 5:17 pm

danita wrote:Hello everyone,

A new procedure's zoned into my plasticfantastic radar: Hairline Lowering.

Danita
There are clinics in Thailand that do MFUG. You can email and ask and see if it is done. I am sure it is done in this region.

mbk
Regular
Regular

Re: Doing research for June.

Post by mbk » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 5:20 pm

whereshome wrote:There is a vaserlipo thread. More info there. I had vaserlipo. I went home alone the same day and was fine. Local with IV sedation. But I expected better results.

Thank you for that. What do you mean you expected better results?
Could you PM me? I don't have enough posts to PM.

Thanks[/quote]

I mean the improvement was little for me. I had very little fat on me actually but this is the reason why I wanted vaserlipo because all those situps didnt tone up. I expected 80 % improvement from what the doctor and I discussed but I think I got maybe like 20-30% improvement the most.