Singapore Expats

British Airways Recruitment

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 3:26 pm

Gwennie wrote:I'm sure the interviewers are BA crews. The way they read the second passage to us are so professional.
ya, i think so too. i think the pp helping out there are current crews while those conducting the interviews are either senior crews or the management pp in sg.

Charis

Post by Charis » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 4:22 pm

hi all...

just like what all of you said...the translation is really tough man...now just keep our fingers crossed and see if they will contact us...

Charis

Post by Charis » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 6:32 pm

saw from the previous threads that hardly anyone quit in BA..

hmm...think they are giving a one year contract with a possible 3 yr renewed contract, right? wonder if they will convert us to perm after that...

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 6:58 pm

yea they will =) provided if your performance is up to standard... =)

Gwennie

Post by Gwennie » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:13 pm

Forgot to share something with all of you. They added 2cm more to my height. Hahaha, probably i'm still 'growing'.

I think that there's not much ppl at the interview. The whole place is so quiet. I don't see any man coming for the interview too.

Charis

Post by Charis » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:39 pm

wow! really?? it will be wonderful!

Dru
Regular
Regular

Post by Dru » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:17 pm

Gwennie wrote:Forgot to share something with all of you. They added 2cm more to my height. Hahaha, probably i'm still 'growing'.

I think that there's not much ppl at the interview. The whole place is so quiet. I don't see any man coming for the interview too.
Yeh... the waiting room's pretty quiet.. think they staggered the interview slots pretty well... but i can see the stacks of interviewees' profile on their desks.. my guess is they prob. interview a couple hundreds a day... :D
Life's A Bowl Of Salad...

Flippin

Post by Flippin » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 3:35 pm

pink petals wrote:
i heard from my friend that her ex-colleague told her BA took in all ex-crews at their recruitment 2 or 3yrs ago..
if that's truth, think i gone case liao.. cos i don't have any exp as a crew. :?

lets pray and hope they will call us soon. :)
It might just be a coincidence they took in all ex-crew in that recruitment. I'm sure if they only want applicants with crew experience they wouldn't even see us for stage one as they would be wasting our and their time.

Flew on BA a few years ago to SYD. Spoke to a friendly Singapore crew who's been flying a long time (7/8 years i think). Asked if she was with SQ before. She said no. She used to work in a hotel.

I think it's how you 'sell' yourself on that day and if they're convinced that you would make an excellent crew who is very good in delivering excellent customer service.
Live and let live

littlephoenix

Post by littlephoenix » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 4:43 pm

Oh Flippin u r ex-BA crew... Is it true that local BA crew flies mainly to Shanghai?

Dru
Regular
Regular

Post by Dru » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 4:54 pm

littlephoenix wrote:Oh Flippin u r ex-BA crew... Is it true that local BA crew flies mainly to Shanghai?
little phoenix.. she's travelling as a pax..... :D
Last edited by Dru on Thu, 27 Mar 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flippin

Post by Flippin » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 5:03 pm

Dru wrote:
littlephoenix wrote:Oh Flippin u r ex-BA crew... Is it true that local BA crew flies mainly to Shanghai?
little phoenix.. she travelling as a pax..... :D
Hahaha! I wish!!! As Dru correctly pointed out, i was travelling as a passenger!

At 2nd stage of the last recruitment, they did share with us that BA Singapore crew fly mainly to Sydney, Shanghai and London. Trip lengths between 3-10 days. Not sure if more routes have been added since.
Live and let live

Dru
Regular
Regular

Post by Dru » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 5:09 pm

Flippin wrote:
Dru wrote:
little phoenix.. she travelling as a pax..... :D
Hahaha! I wish!!! As Dru correctly pointed out, i was travelling as a passenger!

At 2nd stage of the last recruitment, they did share with us that BA Singapore crew fly mainly to Sydney, Shanghai and London. Trip lengths between 3-10 days. Not sure if more routes have been added since.
Hi Flippin, i doubt they added more routes.. hoping that they will too... :lol:
btw, do you remember what you tested on @ stage 2... TIA :)

littlephoenix

Post by littlephoenix » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 5:10 pm

:o Oops.... paisai paisai

reticent_aura

Post by reticent_aura » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 5:30 pm

haha ^^ yea best of luck to everyone! ^^ nah they interview different people different days and also the selected will be notified by 9th April. doesn't mean ex crew has more experience and can get in! ^^ I'm still a current crew but im getting all jittery while waiting for the results haha

i hope my girlfriend and i can both get thru!

Flippin

Post by Flippin » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 5:49 pm

First they shared with us about the contract, ie temp contract, the pay, ie basic 500 + allowances, routes, the job scope etc.

We then did a group exercise. We were told to discuss amongst ourselves what charitable organisations we would like to donate to.

After that, we were given 2 written tests which involved calculations, macam problem sums. Calculators were provided. The tests were not too difficult, not calculus as posted on this forum during the last recruitment, but there was atime limit.

The whole session went quickly. Didn't feel like 4 hrs. Even though i didn't make it through, it was a good experience. Hopefully i get to experience it again!
Live and let live