Singapore Expats

moving starhub broadband to another apartment...

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
durain
Director
Director

moving starhub broadband to another apartment...

Post by durain » Fri, 21 Mar 2008 7:57 pm

is it pretty easy to move starhub broadband when i move to another apartment? the aprtment has the starhub point. what's the average downtime and cost? the contract is less than 1 year.

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Fri, 21 Mar 2008 8:31 pm

you'll be able to switch it on immediately provided the point is actually starhub. we had a problem in the master bedroom - starhub (over the phone) was convinced the point was not theirs and when they came out it was - just the TV/CABLE points were reversed in the box. the living room point worked the minute we plugged the modem in on moving day. the home phone number we also had stayed the same.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Fri, 21 Mar 2008 8:50 pm

thanks for the info. :)

do you need to inform starhub if it's just plug it in? if yes, can i do it over the fone? i dont fancy waiting in queue in a starhub store. there's a queue every time i passby a store!

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Easy

Post by Asdracles » Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:23 pm

Call 1633, tell them the new address and unplug everything from your 1st place and move it to the 2nd place.

Is INMEDIATE if luckily you have the point in the new place. If not, you would need to wait 3-4 days and paying like 150 SGD

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 7:49 am

you'll have to change your billing address and you can do over the phone - when you do that - just tell them the date you want to start (same thing with SP Services). we had a problem in the master - the modem did not work but the point was exactly the same as the one in the living (which worked fine). they tried to tell me the previous tenant had used another provider but when they finally came the CABLE/TV points had just been switched in the box. it's all quite seamless and if there is a problem unlike the UK where you need to wait for BT for weeks - starhub will usually come out the next day. also, like previous poster mentioned - 1633 they can access or refresh your point over the phone no problem.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 1:16 pm

sorted now. cant believe it was so easy! thank you all for your info. :)