Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lynnburp

Post by lynnburp » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 9:57 am

Trinitrophenol wrote:Gotta go for my 3rd attempt this coming April interview!
I am thinking if is it possible where all of us wannabes can meet up and practice together and spot each other mistakes , might be a good idea :)

anyway go for it hafiz_! I am sure you have your bday boy luck!
hey i'm going for April too! my 2nd time.

llentimes - will you be going?

I also think its great to go and meet new friends and share experiences! :)

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:22 pm

lynnburp wrote:
Trinitrophenol wrote:Gotta go for my 3rd attempt this coming April interview!
I am thinking if is it possible where all of us wannabes can meet up and practice together and spot each other mistakes , might be a good idea :)

anyway go for it hafiz_! I am sure you have your bday boy luck!
hey i'm going for April too! my 2nd time.

llentimes - will you be going?

I also think its great to go and meet new friends and share experiences! :)
Im going too.....

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:30 pm

malik wrote:Hi, Firstly congrats to those who made it, n those have not, don't lose hope, be confident n April 27's just around the corner.

ppl any idea about the pre-employment briefing? wat can we expect there? will the contract be offer there? will our training commencement date announced there?tnx
hi malik! so youve gotten in on the 16th? congrats! the briefing is basically for you to fill in some particulars, things like your bank account number and such.. and brief you about the pay, how much you need to pay if you break the bond and all these. the contract will not be signed there. and as far as i know, neither is the training commencement date announced. mary will call you about this when you've cleared your medical =)

malik

Post by malik » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 1:14 pm

jiakel wrote:hi malik! so youve gotten in on the 16th? congrats! the briefing is basically for you to fill in some particulars, things like your bank account number and such.. and brief you about the pay, how much you need to pay if you break the bond and all these. the contract will not be signed there. and as far as i know, neither is the training commencement date announced. mary will call you about this when you've cleared your medical =)
thnx for ya info jiakel, btw i took my medical yesterday. wonder how long mary gonna take to give me a call!! can't wait!! N i need to tender resignation for my current job!

divine_genie

Post by divine_genie » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 1:54 pm

congrats malik! For Mary's call re your medical examination, it'll be a week or slightly more. Good luck! I also had to wait for the medical result before i could tender my resignation. Better to be safe than sorry. Haha!

pisces81

Management intv

Post by pisces81 » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 2:57 pm

Hi friends!

For those who already went for managament interview, can i know what kind of questions were asked?

;)

pisces81

eyetest

Post by pisces81 » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 3:03 pm

Ooops forgot to ask, the eyetest is it the kind to check of your are colour blind or the typical read the alphabets kind of test?

divine_genie

Post by divine_genie » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 3:58 pm

It can be situational qns like what if you were slapped by a passenger? It can also be a discussion of your past job experience. It's very similar to the previous round. No worries!

Regarding the eye tests. both you mentioned are tested. :)

malik

Post by malik » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 4:20 pm

divine_genie wrote:congrats malik! For Mary's call re your medical examination, it'll be a week or slightly more. Good luck! I also had to wait for the medical result before i could tender my resignation. Better to be safe than sorry. Haha!
Haha.. true, tnx for the advice.

malik

Re: Management intv

Post by malik » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 4:25 pm

pisces81 wrote:Hi friends!

For those who already went for managament interview, can i know what kind of questions were asked?

;)
I was interviewed by 2 ladies, they very polite and friendly. Asked mainly on family and wat kinda person r u? stuff like do u play sports? do u get angry? difficult customers u've came across n how u manage them?
When answering or at any time remember to keep that smile ON at all time, n be friendly and cheerful. show them that u are comfortable. cheers...

malik

Re: eyetest

Post by malik » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 4:29 pm

pisces81 wrote:Ooops forgot to ask, the eyetest is it the kind to check of your are colour blind or the typical read the alphabets kind of test?

Eye test they tested both, colour blind and read out from chart.

SummerZee

Nails

Post by SummerZee » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 4:55 pm

Anyone knows about the requirements for finger nails?

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Re: Management intv

Post by zetpeh » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 5:34 pm

malik wrote:
pisces81 wrote:Hi friends!

;)
I was interviewed by 2 ladies, they very polite and friendly. Asked mainly on family and wat kinda person r u? stuff like do u play sports? do u get angry? difficult customers u've came across n how u manage them?
When answering or at any time remember to keep that smile ON at all time, n be friendly and cheerful. show them that u are comfortable. cheers...
pisc u room 1 ah ? he very starting room the very left from the entrance

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 7:57 pm

divine_genie wrote:congrats malik! For Mary's call re your medical examination, it'll be a week or slightly more. Good luck! I also had to wait for the medical result before i could tender my resignation. Better to be safe than sorry. Haha!

hi, can i chk wif u hw long does the whole medical takes? thanx!! :P

malik

Post by malik » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 8:28 pm

cardinail wrote:hi, can i chk wif u hw long does the whole medical takes? thanx!! :P
i went after the clinic's lunch hour(1-2pm). the whole check up including the x-ray took only 1 hour.