Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:09 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
Joycee wrote: hi, most people who was there for the management round got through. i think this time round the final interviewers are v friendly and lenient.
lenient = standard drop ??? :roll:
lol dun say tat la. :?

and congrats to all who got through the recent interview!! =D
the world at your doorstep.

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:36 pm

just wondering wad kinda questions will be asked during the management round... cos i'll be gg for mine tmr at stc...

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:29 pm

At least more people are feeling better now. Its really fast that they posted the next recruitment now. 27th April!!
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:29 pm

[/quote]

before lunch only 1 passed... i failed my mgt again, last month also failed mgt... hmmm... the interviewer very demanding today[/quote]

You mean you tried the interviews for 2 consecutive months despite that you failed the management round last month?

I failed my management round on Feb24.Was thinking if I should try out the April or May walk in...what you think?Feb walk in was my 10th attempts...I'm already feeling tired of attending and being booted out everytime.The interviews drain me mentally to a certain extend.

Guess I will keep my spirit on and keep on trying.The more they boot me out the more determine am I.Lets work harder!!

Good luck to all!!

SummerZee

Undergrad still pursuing studies accepted?

Post by SummerZee » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:41 am

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum. I would like to ask if anyone knows whether does the airline accepts undergrad who are currently pursuing part time studies?

SummerZee

April 2008 interview

Post by SummerZee » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:43 am

Another question, is it only walk in interview for April 2008? I don't seem to be able to find the online application.

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Post by llentimes » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 1:19 am

SummerZee, April is walk-in. Just download the application form and fill it in. Good luck!

Hafiz, I hope your birthday month will shine EVEN MORE on you since u were so close on your last trial! All the best Everyone!
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

SummerZee

Post by SummerZee » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 1:21 am

llentimes wrote:SummerZee, April is walk-in. Just download the application form and fill it in. Good luck!

Hafiz, I hope your birthday month will shine EVEN MORE on you since u were so close on your last trial! All the best Everyone!
Thanks for the reply. May i know if you got the answer to my other question? Which is will they accept undergrad who are still currently pursuing part time studies? Not graduating any time soon.

Trinitrophenol

Post by Trinitrophenol » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 2:22 am

Gotta go for my 3rd attempt this coming April interview!
I am thinking if is it possible where all of us wannabes can meet up and practice together and spot each other mistakes , might be a good idea :)

anyway go for it hafiz_! I am sure you have your bday boy luck!

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 2:58 am

summerboy02 wrote:
before lunch only 1 passed... i failed my mgt again, last month also failed mgt... hmmm... the interviewer very demanding today[/quote]

You mean you tried the interviews for 2 consecutive months despite that you failed the management round last month?

I failed my management round on Feb24.Was thinking if I should try out the April or May walk in...what you think?Feb walk in was my 10th attempts...I'm already feeling tired of attending and being booted out everytime.The interviews drain me mentally to a certain extend.

Guess I will keep my spirit on and keep on trying.The more they boot me out the more determine am I.Lets work harder!!

Good luck to all!![/quote]

yes summer... i was so erm... haiz... not much guys went thru except for those with degree... i guess they are being very picky towards guy and taking those with degree... i maybe wrong but to my knowledge dats the fact for this 16 March as the amount of ppl who turned up for the recruitment was super low... which group u in? im in group 3

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 3:01 am

hafiz_ wrote:wah. i turn exactly 23 for the next walk-in! hope i'll have some birthday luck, if i ever decide to go.

and like what someone has said, first round is the toughest. with a whole lot

Fiz lets go together and practise our speeches lol ... actually i really enjoyed going to the interview as i gain a lot of great friends...

zetpeh
Regular
Regular

Post by zetpeh » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 3:06 am

Trinitrophenol wrote:Gotta go for my 3rd attempt this coming April interview!
I am thinking if is it possible where all of us wannabes can meet up and practice together and spot each other mistakes , might be a good idea :)
Trin great idea... we can share our questions and we will do it better... maybe another gathering hee...

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 3:13 am

SummerZee wrote: Which is will they accept undergrad who are still currently pursuing part time studies? Not graduating any time soon.
There is no problem as long as you can attend the training and it will not affect your work after you have started flying. You will not be able to apply for any time off during your training to attend to your studies. Its not easy too once you have started flying as during the 6 months probation you are not allow to change flight with fellow crew to attend to your studies or exams. Off days will not be give for studies reasons, you will have to take your leave for that. Many flying crew attend part time studies to upgrade themselves but with great inconvenient as its not easy to get off to attend classes. You will have to give up your flights in order to get those off days that you wanted, that will equate to great income loss.

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 9:08 am

Interested applicants, please download and complete this application form. Please bring the following documents for registration between 9am and 3pm.
Completed application form
Passport-sized photograph
Original(s) of:
a) your birth certificate
b) all educational certificates
c) identity card
Interviews will be conducted on 27 April 2008 at:

Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel
2nd Level – Ballroom 2
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230

Finally i can try again in April when my ban is up... really can't wait for this day to come.. =D hee... hopefully ladyluck will be with me on that day... :D
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

malik

Post by malik » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 9:27 am

Hi, Firstly congrats to those who made it, n those have not, don't lose hope, be confident n April 27's just around the corner.

ppl any idea about the pre-employment briefing? wat can we expect there? will the contract be offer there? will our training commencement date announced there?tnx