Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jiahuipiggy
Regular
Regular

Post by jiahuipiggy » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 5:32 pm

aiyo... mass recruit also alot of people did not get in lehz...

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 5:32 pm

cardinail wrote:anyone have any idea whats the passing rate for management round??
hi, most people who was there for the management round got through. i think this time round the final interviewers are v friendly and lenient.

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 5:33 pm

if only my mgmt round previously was v friendly...if not wouldn't have to go for my next attempt..haiz..

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 5:36 pm

Joycee wrote:
cardinail wrote:anyone have any idea whats the passing rate for management round??
hi, most people who was there for the management round got through. i think this time round the final interviewers are v friendly and lenient.

okie~ thanx so much! :)

pamie
Regular
Regular

Post by pamie » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 5:38 pm

jiahuipiggy wrote:aiyo... mass recruit also alot of people did not get in lehz...
lol.. i also dunno wad 2 sae lei.. mass yet many nt in..
~ pamie pamie pamie ~

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 5:55 pm

[quote="llentimes"]Joycee-congrats!! so far the only good news i've seen in this forum! All the best (still) for your medical.

Thanks girls. Hope my medical pass too. haha

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Re: Hi

Post by Joycee » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 5:59 pm

pisces81 wrote:Hi friends!

Guess I discovered this forum a little too late heheh. I was at the interview on 16 March (my 3rd attempt actually) and was among the last few guys to arrive. Forget my group number already haha. Noticed there were so many vacant seats around, or was it much crowded earlier on in the morning?

Anyway just to share my experience, my first round was with two friendly interviewers, a lady and a gentlemen. I think some of you who had them probably felt at ease, like i do. After the first round, only 4 of us got in.

Then the four of us were put together with another two guys for our 2nd round. This time is a little different from my previous second round, we were told to walk straight, face left and right and open up our palms for inspection. The lady who did the judgements was also warm and friendly and she noticed I had braces on my lower teeth. I thought I blew my chances. Went outside feeling so dejected.

After waiting, she finally came out and sais only 3 of us got in. Surprisingly, me and two other very smart looking guys were selected. I was so surprised (and also very very thankful) beyond words.

So we walked to the reception area for our 3rd round, and we were called one by one (but i guess we had different interviewers). The madam who interviewed me was such a nice and soft spoken lady. She asked me several questions in relation to what I wrote on my application form, described further about myself and my present work. Some bits about my personal life and the classic why do i want to be a flight steward question.

After that, i was told to wait outside. After a few minutes, I was told i managed to get to the 4th round (management, i think?). However, I will have to wait for my lower braces to be off before i can proceed to the 4th interview. Meanwhile i will have to email them once I've taken them off and schedule a seperate appointment for my 4th round. I feel Im walking on a very thin line, waiting and anticipating. Nevertheless Im very thankful to the ladies (and gentlemen) who got me through.

Can anyone kindly share how the eyetest and medical check up is done?

Thanks!!
hey, so u r at the management round too? i was there, what time is your mmgt round. mine was at 130+. did u go for medical today?

pisces81

Hi

Post by pisces81 » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 6:25 pm

Hi ,

I did up to Round 3, after which i was told my Round 4 will be done on a seperate day.

How did the medical check up go? Was the eyetest strict? I got astigh. Kinda worried, but trying my best to stay positive.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

27 april

Post by snowss » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 7:14 pm

wah, another interview on the 27 April....

I am going(again)
(=^_^=)

Trinitrophenol

Post by Trinitrophenol » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 7:34 pm

a penny of my thoughts.. could it be the reason so many good looking and those who performed well got kicked out on the 16th march intake because the upcoming US recession? Asia economy will also be affected and salary might be cut.. and they choose those who dont have the looks or talent so during recession they will stay on (as they need the job) unlike those who are talented and pretty, can afford to quit the job..

just my wild guess, and dont mean to offend anyone ..

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 8:31 pm

Hahaha i think you might be thinking too much. if they foresee that they won't need people they won't be conducting so many interviews i think... It'll still be some time till the recession hits Asia and by then the batch being recruited now would have quit.... And people with strong abilities needn't have good looks! :)

dream_gal

Re: 27 april

Post by dream_gal » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 8:54 pm

snowss wrote:wah, another interview on the 27 April....

I am going(again)
hi, this will be your how many attempt?

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 8:58 pm

wah. i turn exactly 23 for the next walk-in! hope i'll have some birthday luck, if i ever decide to go.

and like what someone has said, first round is the toughest. with a whole lot of luck of course! and the subsequent rounds should be relatively easier if there are no major cock ups. sigh. the interviewers are very good at making us wonder what went wrong, what they're looking for, why her/him and not me when i spoke so much better etc etc. :o

intoxicating

Post by intoxicating » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 9:56 pm

hi guys.. to all those who failed during the last attempt.. pls try again next time.. and "never say die"!!
my friend went for the 3rd attempt and she failed at the first round, n she will definitely keep on trying till she got in.
heard from one of my FA friend,she ever mention that actually the interview all depend on luck, she did not perform well during the interview but she managed to got thru at the first attempt.

'if the interviewers think u can make it, den u will make it.'
so it all depends on luck n how u present urself, n most importantly the interviewer must like u ba.. that's wat i tink. :)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:04 pm

Joycee wrote: hi, most people who was there for the management round got through. i think this time round the final interviewers are v friendly and lenient.
lenient = standard drop ??? :roll: