Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:26 pm

brenda wrote:No worriess...SIA doing recruitment monthly...next month sure have wan...next month i will b gng...btw jocye once they tk yr helght they will straight away check yr cert liao rite?
they didn;t check my certs until i got into kebaya.

My email: [email protected]
Last edited by Joycee on Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lingZZ86
Regular
Regular

Post by lingZZ86 » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:30 pm

Hi joyce,
Congrats! Management round on the same day? So you going medical soon?

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:32 pm

lingZZ86 wrote:Hi joyce,
Congrats! Management round on the same day? So you going medical soon?

Thank you. :) ya mmgt round same day, medical is tmr, and briefing too.

brenda
Regular
Regular

Post by brenda » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:32 pm

jocye got msn?

lingZZ86
Regular
Regular

Post by lingZZ86 » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:33 pm

u r welcum =) I will be trying next month. All the best to ur training :D

Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:37 pm

brenda wrote:jocye got msn?
yes, same email address

brenda
Regular
Regular

Post by brenda » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:39 pm

Addedd

dream_gal

hi

Post by dream_gal » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:41 pm

fixyou wrote:hi, first attempt today.

first round only 3 out of 10 went through including myself
however, when it comes to kebaya round, none of us (the 3 girls) get in. the passing rate for this round was only 3/10 as well.
hmm, what i found puzzling was many of the girls in my grp (2nd round), their complexions are seriously good and they din get in?!

one of the girls who was with me actually went to mgt round for her first attempt last month whereas for today, she got booted out at the 2nd round.

i guess luck plays a major part as well.

nonetheless, we shall press on yea :))

and joyce, can't pm you cos i have yet to post a maximum number of posts, would u mind leaving your email add? thanks :)
hi may i know u in which group? 11?

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:45 pm

I don't think they discriminate against people who tried before. They would be seriously wasting time and resources by having monthly recruitments cos most girls i met are not 1st-timers.

It's hard to be subjected to superficial judgment; to let people tell you you're not good enough just by first impression. There could be no particular reason why they boot you out. On any particular day maybe they don't find you friendly or pleasing enough compared to the rest of the girls. Deciding to press on really requires much perseverence...

Jiayou girls! From my experiences i don't dare to agree that 'as long as you persevere you'll make it someday' cos i know of people who tried for years. But if you think you absolutely have what it takes then GO FOR IT!

fixyou

Post by fixyou » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:49 pm

hi dream_gal, i'm in grp 20
how abt you? which round did u go into? :)
be my escapade.

sqfanatic

Post by sqfanatic » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:14 pm

As much as we all hate e fact that they discriminate agnst pple who tried b4, it seems very much that that's wat they r doin now... else how wld u explain abt pple who got potential, failed while e opposite dun? Perhaps they r tryin to let e fresh faces hv their go at e kebaya round to see if they can make e cut, if they dun, e next time they come agn, they'll be treated e same way. That's my guess... But I feel at e same time they shld oso consider us who had tried so many times, or else the times we failed will juz snowball, until it looks really bad in e resume...

But all is not lost, i believe there's a silver lining, but it all depends on our luck in gettin those interviewers who dun hv that kind of mindset, which explains y sum pple who tried b4 r bein put thru.

I wish they had been more upfront abt their policy, like wat most employers wld state in their ads "those who had applied previously need not apply". Perhaps they can state how long one needs to wait b4 applyin agn, regardless of which round they were kicked out of. That wld hv reduced our calamities and saved our and theirs time lor... Haiz!
Last edited by sqfanatic on Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dream_gal

hi

Post by dream_gal » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:16 pm

fixyou wrote:hi dream_gal, i'm in grp 20
how abt you? which round did u go into? :)
hi i group 11. i was out at round 2. passing rate is 1/6. i never fail this round before, very disappointing

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:18 pm

Trinitrophenol wrote:the chinese chap seems not be interested at all, at least the old indian gentlemen acknowledged our presence and looked at us when we speak.

maybe all of them woke up on the wrong side of bed today?
Hahaha thats the typical SIA office worker attitude. They want the cabin crew to give best service and soar but the people back in the office who suppose to give support are always pulling long face and unhelpful ...such hypocrite :evil:

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:23 pm

hey sqfanatic...

maybe you're right, but i managed to pass round 1 despite being my 2nd attempt, so i guess it's not absolute :)

but i generally admire how the recruiters and interviewers pull out one sunday a month to do this haha... the whole freaking day gone... no wonder some of them look grumpy... :P

littlemissy

Post by littlemissy » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:24 pm

Hi, would like to ask if you girls indicated on the application form that you have applied for the job before??

I was booted out during my first attempt at the kebaya round in January, as I had braces on. So i asked one of the SQ employees if I had to indicate that I've tried before, and guess what? She told me, " Actually you have to wait 3 months before trying again." Then I told her that I didn't get to the managment round during the last attempt, and so I shouldn't have that ban, and she said " Then it would be better for you not to say you've tried before." ...

Don't you think this says alot?