Singapore Expats

New & green :)

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 30 somethings

Post by Dounut » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:02 pm

tawanda wrote:Arrgg...I guess I am 30 something...

Been in Singapore since August, but finding it VERY hard to meet people outside of work...I need to meet new people- would like a mix of male and female friends...

Not really sure how this works, but would be interested in any upcoming events...
What kind of characters do you prefer to mix around with & are looking for ? ? :roll:

Nicole077
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Nicole077 » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 1:36 pm

Hi all,

Lets meet up this Friday, March 14th.....For more details, please refer to the posting "Looking for drinking buddies" - 30's club....

All are welcome :-)

Cheers,
Nicole

Nicole077
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Nicole077 » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 1:40 pm

For your info, our group is pretty international, consists of ppls from Australia, UK, US, Indian, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore :-) If you have time, do join us for a drink this Friday.

babilon

from eastern europe

Post by babilon » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 1:56 pm

Hi everyone,

Is this the Eastern Europe community?
I am also from there.
If you have any ideas to hang out this weekend, just les me know.
Thanks.

yayapapaya
Regular
Regular

Thank you !!

Post by yayapapaya » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:38 pm

Thanks for the wonderful support in our last event guys !!
I'm kinda tied up this week, in the midst of joining a new firm.. but as promised... here's details of the upcoming event

SINGAPORE CULTURAL & LANGUAGE EXCHANGE CLUB proudly presents

Event: Henna Body Art Night with Alex
"Seduce your taste buds with exotic flavors of North Indian Food & learn abt Henna Body Art !"
(Non Spicy Food Available)

For more info :
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=22275283704

Want to try Indian food that breaks away from the cookie-cutter mould? Don't miss out this special event held at Devi Fusion. Serving a myriad of dishes, in a fusion of traditional Ayurvedic Indian science and complemented with Western sauces, the 130-seater restaurant has six branches in Tokyo , Japan . It has been in Singapore for only 4 years and has since proven to be a forerunner in providing a unique blend of north Indian taste.

On this special night, we'll also feature our club member Alexandra, who will show us how Henna Body Art is done.

Participants will also be able to learn and try hands on Henna drawing. All materials will be included.

Henna has been used to adorn young women’s bodies as part of social and holiday celebrations since the late Bronze Age in the eastern Mediterranean. The earliest text mentioning henna in the context of marriage and fertility celebrations comes from the Ugaritic legend of Baal and Anath [13], which has references to women marking themselves with henna in preparation to meet their husbands, and Anath adorning herself with henna to celebrate a victory over the enemies of Baal.

In preparation for the materials and reservation of restaurant, RSVP is strongly encouraged. Please RSVP by 22 Mar through Facebook only. If you missed the RSVP deadline, send me an sms 9108 0034 to see if I can nudge you a spot. Thanks!

NB: Average dining bill @ Devi Fusion Restaurant is usually $35-40 per pax.So $30 per pax strictly goes to the food/henna materials cost. Please bring cash cos I dun accept NETS/ Credit card :P

Organizer(s):
Jewel Fong - (+65 9108 0034)
Gabriel Kang - (+65 9383 0220 / +852 6694 7155)

Date: Tues 25 Mar 2008
Time: 7.30pm - 9.30pm

Cost:
$30 per person (includes restaurant GST, Service Charge & Henna materials)

Venue:
Devi Fusion Restaurant, Millenia Walk

Directions:

By Train
City Hall MRT Station
Complimentary shuttle service will be provided from City Hall MRT (Coleman Street, bus stop opposite The Adelphi) to Millenia Walk.

By Bus
Bus numbers:
36, 107M (Alight at Pan Pacific Hotel, then walk)
36, 70M, 97, 111,133,162M, 502, 502A, 518, 518A, 551, 575, 576, 577, 578,579, 580, 581 (Alight at Suntec Conventional Hall and cross the road to Paulaner which is right next to Devi Fusion)

Map:

Meeting Point:
(For those who aren't sure how to get to the Restaurant)
City Hall MRT Station at 7.15pm, please call Jewel @ 9108 0034 if you are unable to identify the group or if you are going to be late.

Additional Notes:

Organized by
[SGLCEC] Singapore Language & Cultural Exchange Club
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10573296577

To more more about our club, just click on the link above

(If you're a facebook member, you can join the group to be updated for future events. If you'd like to fly under the radar, just register a facebook account, put in a nickname instead of real name, and join the group so you can be updated on our activities without revealing your real identity.)

beladona

The arena

Post by beladona » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:48 pm

Has anyone been to "The Arena " at Clarke Quay ?
www.thearenalive.com.sg

gentleman

Post by gentleman » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 2:52 pm

sorry, not yet.. quite interesting place! :D

PA Jade

Count me in too

Post by PA Jade » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 3:29 pm

Hi there

I hope to join your activities, thanks and see you all soon.

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by maneo » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 7:01 am

beladona wrote:Hi,

originally from Poland :)
Have worked with a few Poles and other East Europeans here.
They still work at a high-tech semiconductor company in central SG.
Since they've been in SG a long time, I'm sure they know of many other contacts as well. FYI.

nicole007

Post by nicole007 » Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:46 pm

Ya I been its really cool, you can also go to Singapore Parties website to check all their pictures and venue details like the size capacity, number of people it can accomodate and more!

you can search and book the venue online directly at http://www.singaporeparties.com.sg

Raj30

Arab street dinner this Friday - anyone?

Post by Raj30 » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 6:29 pm

Hiya club,
Just wanna ask if we can hit the arab street for some tantalizing fresh baked kebabs and hookah this friday night? Maybe start at 9 PM and slowly check out some clubbing if possible?

let me know
cheers
raj
[email protected]