Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cherylburning

Post by cherylburning » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 2:18 pm

elyn3ve, I'd love to join you guys. :D
i send you a private message since i'm still new :oops:
you can add me to your msn . :lol:
[email protected]
so i'll wait for your message :wink:

cherylburning

Re: I'm new here...

Post by cherylburning » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 2:41 pm

elyn3ve wrote:
cherylburning wrote:i'm turning 28 this year and i wanted to try for the SIA interview this 15 March in Malaysia. I have hairy hands and i only have 4 credits and the rest passes in my SPM. will all these pose a threat for the interview?
I am very concerned about this as i failed my interview last time in the first round :?
hi cheryl..

wanna join us this coming saturday at Nikko hotel? There are a group of us who will be going.

hope to see u

hi elyn3ve,

I'd love to join you gals. i can't send you a private message since i'm still new here. you can add me to your msn . :D
[email protected]

so i'll wait for your message :lol:

kugan

Hello

Post by kugan » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 6:42 pm

Hello guys, i am new here..i would just like to ask something pertaining to this topic, i am interested in being air steward but i do have high levels of astigmatism, i am able to wear contact lens during flights.. during training, izzit possible for me to wear specs as i cant wear contact lens for consecutive days due to the high degree level..really appreciate if someone could enlighten me on this.. thanks in advance...

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hello

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 6:50 pm

kugan wrote:Hello guys, i am new here..i would just like to ask something pertaining to this topic, i am interested in being air steward but i do have high levels of astigmatism, i am able to wear contact lens during flights.. during training, izzit possible for me to wear specs as i cant wear contact lens for consecutive days due to the high degree level..really appreciate if someone could enlighten me on this.. thanks in advance...
Hello Kugan, if i recall correctly, no specs are allowed at all times during trainings and flights :)
Hello there!

angeljiaying

Post by angeljiaying » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 7:40 pm

12345 wrote:
angeljiaying wrote:hey ppl! im back=) heh i pass my medical !=D startin training on 19 march batch 958? anyone same batch?
Hello batchmate! Haha. I'm tommy...or u can call me kuok tjun lah. The guy from kl. Will be leaving for sg on wed. So, will see u on 19 March...batch 958! :D
hi~ eh i wil jus call u tommy haha my name is angelina but jus call me angel .. hahaha eh teach me how to pronounce your name on 19 ar!!! heh..see u there!=D
=D

angeljiaying

Post by angeljiaying » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 7:41 pm

caryssa wrote:angel jiaying, yes..they are in batch 958..im not in that batch..but am going for this sat interview in KL..hehe..if u want their msn, u can pm me..i will tell them abt it.. :D
wow!! hahaha... its alrite we will make frens during trainning! heh.. their names?
=D

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 8:27 pm

one of them is tommy..u juz know him..haha..the other one is liyuin... ;) enjoy ur training guys...

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Hello

Post by M » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:55 pm

kugan wrote:Hello guys, i am new here..i would just like to ask something pertaining to this topic, i am interested in being air steward but i do have high levels of astigmatism, i am able to wear contact lens during flights.. during training, izzit possible for me to wear specs as i cant wear contact lens for consecutive days due to the high degree level..really appreciate if someone could enlighten me on this.. thanks in advance...
Absolutely no unless you have eye infection, with medical certificate.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:01 pm

Take everything as a pinch of salt. We are severely short of crews now but that doesn't mean our rosters are so much better.

Girls tend to have more standbys and call-ups are lousy.

There are more changes to come and flying is definitely tiring, especially long turn arounds like cmb, hkg etc. Enjoy while the meat is still fresh. Goodluck to all!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:31 am

M wrote: Enjoy while the meat is still fresh. Goodluck to all!
Hahaha I think you mean enjoy while YOUR meat is still fresh...old meat will not be able to keep up with that kind of roster now :P

beautiful_river

Post by beautiful_river » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 3:55 am

Hi..

Can anyone enlighten me whether having alot of veins protruding out on your hands will make you fail in the skin check round?
I dont have any visible scars on my hands, but when i put down my hands and stretch out towards the spot light during skin check, somehow my green veins were very obvious, n at normal time I dun have them..
:???:

divine_genie

Post by divine_genie » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 9:31 am

hey gals, i've got some questions.. What's the dress code for gals during training? Any requirements for shoes, make-up and hair do? Also, where can i park my car? Is the carpark outside, near the pass office alright?

dreamchaser

protruding veins

Post by dreamchaser » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:07 am

beautiful_river wrote:Hi..

Can anyone enlighten me whether having alot of veins protruding out on your hands will make you fail in the skin check round?
I dont have any visible scars on my hands, but when i put down my hands and stretch out towards the spot light during skin check, somehow my green veins were very obvious, n at normal time I dun have them..
:???:
hi,

my 2 cents worth of advice based on my personal experience....
the spotlights are bright but the ballroom is quite dimly lighted...my veins r also quite visible on the hands and i also have a small scar on my wrist...but totally not visible under the spotlights....i believe SIA is looking for prominent scars which cannot be hidden even with concealer...i can conceal the scar on my wrist.

most importantly, yr face cannot have visible acne scars under the spotlights...they mind that a lot...no tatooes on neck and hands! They will ask u to smile to see yr teeth. no need perfect teeth but at least check for oral hygiene. remember to SMILE =)

btw, have u attempted before? coz u mentioned yr veins were prominent under the spotlight...

junOoO

Post by junOoO » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:13 am

hihi

Im thinkin of goin to the interview this sunday at sheraton. wat time are u guys goin? cant pm coz im new.

Maybe you guys can add me at [email protected]? I just added lynn on my msn.

im wondering besides the basic pay during training, any other allowances are given? someone pls tell me coz if successful need to plan financially to survive 4 mths.

thanks!

glam

attn : yuanz

Post by glam » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:31 pm

hey.. u sent me a pm but i cant reply due to "not enough posts".

so i guess u can add me on msn?

anyone going for the walk in this sunday can add me too, we can discuss tgtr bout it (:
Last edited by glam on Sun, 06 Feb 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.