Singapore Expats

Anyone with an Aston Martin to rent

Discuss about car leasing and rental in Singapore.
BA737

Anyone with an Aston Martin to rent

Post by BA737 » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 3:20 pm

Hi

I know this sounds abit loony but Im looking to rent an Aston Martin for my wedding day early January next year. Have gone to many car companies but they either only rent out BMW or Mercedes. Those who bring in Aston Martins have so far not replied and to be honest, Im not too hopeful they will.

Why Aston Martin? Because to drive such a sexy car on my big day would complete the dream! Even for one day, it would be nice.Why rent? Cos I aint rich but we're allowed to dream, arent we?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 4:05 pm

Could try asking these guys as a starter;

http://www.astonmartin.com/configurator ... &x=10&y=12

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 4:43 pm

to rent a db9 in the uk cost about £500/day. since cars are so darn expensive in singapore, you probably looking at 3-5 times the cost. £500 is about S$1500 to give you a rough idea of the cost.

i think it is very unlikely you will find a rental company that do a db9. firstly, the cost and secondly the demand.

you best bet is rent an old banger, save your money and go to a country that rent aston martin db9. :P

pmediri

Post by pmediri » Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:56 pm

Hi!
Once , hope I'm not too late, I don't know about an Aston Martin, but I just read an add in the March 2008 Singapore Women's Weekly (pg 40/41) on how one could rent either a Chrystler (SGD 350/- an hr) or, (and this is extremely expensive I admite) a Lamborghini for SGD 3,000/-. Maybe you would like to go thorgh the said pages as I'm not too sure if I can write out the contact details.
Hope the info comes in handy. Best of luck with your wedding! :)

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:16 pm

pmediri wrote:Hi!
Once , hope I'm not too late, I don't know about an Aston Martin, but I just read an add in the March 2008 Singapore Women's Weekly (pg 40/41) on how one could rent either a Chrystler (SGD 350/- an hr) or, (and this is extremely expensive I admite) a Lamborghini for SGD 3,000/-. Maybe you would like to go thorgh the said pages as I'm not too sure if I can write out the contact details.
omg, a lambo for S$3000/hour!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 10 Mar 2008 1:10 am

durain wrote:
pmediri wrote:Hi!
omg, a lambo for S$3000/hour!
300$ an hour will get you a ride in my pride and joy, this was my old favourite project rebuild from scrap, a 1969, can you guess?

Last edited by ksl on Mon, 10 Mar 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Superglide » Mon, 10 Mar 2008 2:30 am

Is this a "look at my d*ck" contest?
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:23 am

Superglide wrote:Is this a "look at my d*ck" contest?
Your sense of sarcasm is amusing :lol: If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso, its a quiz silly!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:18 pm

Hey ksl, isn't that an old Opel GT? We used to have lots of 'em in the US during the late 60's ~69 to the early 70's I believe. They called them a poor man's Ferrari in the US. Biggest fault (cosmetic that is) was the winking eye. Only one headlight flipping open!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:44 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey ksl, isn't that an old Opel GT? We used to have lots of 'em in the US during the late 60's ~69 to the early 70's I believe. They called them a poor man's Ferrari in the US. Biggest fault (cosmetic that is) was the winking eye. Only one headlight flipping open!
Your dead right, I picked this one up very cheap, it was basically a scrap heap, spent quite a number of years, trying to get parts from Germany, they are 2 a penny in the US, but difficult to get a good one in Europe, I took it from Denmark to the UK and sold it to the Opel Club, it was the first one of its kind, in the club....so it went to a good home too.

I kind of miss playing around, with cars, love the oldies, they still fetch a good price when renovated, between 10000 to 12000 US for a top one, Think i gave around 1000 US for the one I picked up. Only after i had it road worthy, the Danish Customs tax is high at 180% which they had self valued at the time of import, when i first brought it into Denamark. So it was too expensive to put Danish plates on it ....so UK was the only place to get rid, with no import tax.

They wasn't a very good car to drive, but alot of fun, to work on, and once i put the spoiler kit on, it looked like the corvette, it was quite an eye catcher, for people that had never seen one, left hand drive too, so one could easy kerb crawl in the UK, which was a good selling point for the young posers. Sold it within 3 days of arriving in UK.

Yes, it was the poor mans ferrari, and yes, the winking eyes were still a problem, although at the time it gave me lots of challenges, and many late nights. Although the opel club had big ideas for it!

I'm trying to get my other half to settle down some place, in the Country side, so I can get back to my old ways, with a little fishing and tinkering in the garage.

Old farms can still be found for reasonable money in Denmark, suits me to the ground, with all the out buildings and land you get, so one day maybe end up there. or OZ....old mate of mine has turned up in LA disc jockeying, apparently stranded with his 3 kids, after his actress wife moved on, it's amazing, i never heard from him since 1980...turns out he was living in Singapore when he met his American actress wife and moved back to LA

This internet is amazing for finding people :lol: mates from the military too poping up all around the world!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 1:03 pm

Yeah, I guess if we're not careful, you will trot out your picture of the old ute you used to tool around Europe in again, then I'll have to flash my AH 100-6 that's still sitting in Storage, or maybe my old Mini Cooper that I had here in Singapore years ago. :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 3:59 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Yeah, I guess if we're not careful, you will trot out your picture of the old ute you used to tool around Europe in again, then I'll have to flash my AH 100-6 that's still sitting in Storage, or maybe my old Mini Cooper that I had here in Singapore years ago. :P
Always nice to see, just imagine that many Singaporeans have never ever seen them! Austin frog eyes, are hot and Mini Coopers are still hot in UK too, brings a good price! Nice to work on..

Last time i was home i picked up a beautiful Mercedes 300E diesel, from a pensioner, one owner, in immaculate condition with full service history, white leather seats and headrests...broke my heart to let it go...becuase i was returning to Singapore!

It's always cheaper to buy one for a month than rent in UK, although friends in the trade help, i must admit. My school mate, with the garage, has never owned a car, he said, they are a waste of money, he would never have one, but there again working with them every day, why should you want want. I love the oldies, humber snipe, hillman minx, mind you I'm attached to all kinds of antiques too!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:57 pm

You just feel comfortable being around the things that were new when you were little. :P

Funny in a way, in the UK you call them Frog-eye Sprites while in the US we call the bug-eye sprites. Mine was a big Healey. The predecessor of the AH 3000's (big sixes inside).

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:22 am

wow... austin healey! that's defo a bugeye car with a smile! :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 4:05 am

durain wrote:wow... austin healey! that's defo a bugeye car with a smile! :)
Especially a 6 pack