Singapore Expats

Singapore/Ireland

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 9:42 am

Addadude

I probably will yeah, I havent received the invite yet I dont think. I know one of the lads that works there so I will give him a shout.

I use to live in Telok Blangah

Also, thats the first time in ages Ive been called a culchie! Normally Im accused of being a pseudo Dub!

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:39 am

Well these days Dublin extends as far as Kildare, Portlaoise, Drogheda and Gorey... So you are an honourary Dub at least.

I've been living in TB Heights/Drive for nearly 4 years now and I really like the area. before that I was living in... Bencoolen St (2 years), Siglap (3 years), Bayshore (1 year), Serangoon Rd (1 year), Upper East Coast Rd (2 years), Clemenceau Ave Nth (6 mths) and Bishan (1 mth)... It's good to settle down sort of.

Contact the Irish Embassy ASAP. The booze will be flowing generously that day...

markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:48 am

jaysus man, I am following your footsteps. I live in Siglap and I work in Bencoolen St.

What day is the embassy do on? Is it the 17th itself or on Friday?

Brian Boru

Post by Brian Boru » Sat, 08 Mar 2008 8:11 am

markhed wrote:Im from Kildare!

I read the story about the train drivers and I was thinking ah jaysus here we go again. I will have to face all that when I get back in July.

I saw the snow alright, just looking out the window here in Singapore, looks unlikely we will have snow here, today anyway....

did you live here?
Not yet! Heading out as an intern with a law firm in the summer, so really looking forward to escaping a rain-sodden July and August in Roscommon! Hoping to relocate long-term for a myriad of reasons, with the income tax rates, standard of living and crime rate contributing somewhat! Are there many Irish out there?

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Mon, 10 Mar 2008 8:58 am

markhed wrote:jaysus man, I am following your footsteps. I live in Siglap and I work in Bencoolen St.

What day is the embassy do on? Is it the 17th itself or on Friday?
Actually it's on Wednesday night (12th March) at the Hyatt.

So. if I were you, I'd call the Irish Embassy at 6238 7616 to confirm your attendance. BTW, are you a member of the Irish Business Association?
Last edited by Addadude on Mon, 10 Mar 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Mon, 10 Mar 2008 9:03 am

Well, thats out cause I cant make Weds night... Pity.

brian boru. there are loads of Irish out here and they are very active. there is a GAA club, an Irish Business Association and the mandatory Irish pubs. You will love it here.

Brian Boru

Post by Brian Boru » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 9:04 pm

Excellent! Stick me in at left-corner-forward :D

I'm looking forward to it already!

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cinder » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:00 pm

markhed wrote: ..there are loads of Irish out here and they are very active. there is a GAA club, an Irish Business Association and the mandatory Irish pubs..
..and Gaelic Dragon Boat team, and even St. Patrick's Day parade this Sunday at Boat Quay :D Aye, i think you will love it here.

markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 9:22 am

You are welcome to left corner forward, the most sought after position is the goalie :D

Brian Boru

Post by Brian Boru » Thu, 20 Mar 2008 7:09 am

Too hot to run I take it :)

markhed
Regular
Regular

Post by markhed » Thu, 20 Mar 2008 9:15 am

Thats it.

Its usually 8 lads in goal and the two youngest/fittest running around in midfield.