Singapore Expats

Cathay Pacific Base In Singapore

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 10:58 pm

c, there really is a passage for malays as well? cuz i was reading the other cx thread and i remember someone saying that for other languages, the interviewer will like ask you to introduce your hp's basic functions in your mother tongue and they will have that verified. i hope there really really is a passage in malay. cuz my malay kinda sucks. lol.

and isnt there anyone at 4pm on monday?

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:18 pm

hee...i agree..better be safe then sorry
kiasu abit... :D

zeroneox

Post by zeroneox » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 3:42 am

Hi, I just received an e-mail reply dated March of 6... 6.30AM..
Happen to be looking for new job and came across it and try my luck as my edu level is rather low..only O level...Did send in my CV with pic.... height wise I have no worry (abit too tall)... how the $$ anyone know about it? I am still very blur... :???:

Date: 12 March 2008
Time: 8:30am sharp
Venue: XXXX Hotel Singapore

so anyone else going on that day??BTW I send in my cv on 16 feb on that day the ad...

Best regards

Stress Person
3.40AM cant sleep [-o<

ahmeilover
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ahmeilover » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:20 am

bring certs along??? hmm.... email nv put ley... but jus bring lo... certs n NRIC... they wanna make sure u singaporean huh... haha....

cheers!!

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:25 am

Hafiz.....

you trying for CX?? don wanne SQ again?? Anyway... Good luck for your upcoming interview... ^^ :D
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

Fatty
Regular
Regular

Post by Fatty » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:31 am

zeroneox wrote:Hi, I just received an e-mail reply dated March of 6... 6.30AM..
Happen to be looking for new job and came across it and try my luck as my edu level is rather low..only O level...Did send in my CV with pic.... height wise I have no worry (abit too tall)... how the $$ anyone know about it? I am still very blur... :???:

so anyone else going on that day??BTW I send in my cv on 16 feb on that day the ad...

Best regards

Stress Person
3.40AM cant sleep [-o<
abt the $$, refer to page 1. :)

zeroneox

Post by zeroneox » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:07 am

Fatty wrote:

Best regards

Stress Person
3.40AM cant sleep [-o<
thanks i think it page 2 right? the one about do our math ourself... it is?

jiahuipiggy
Regular
Regular

Post by jiahuipiggy » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:20 am

yeahz

zeroneox

Post by zeroneox » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:36 am

so anyone go for the 2nd round?? or body check up?

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:54 pm

wonder if everything will be done within one day for cx like sq..
sq is really tedious...one full day to finish everything..except med check up n contract signment...

Fatty
Regular
Regular

Post by Fatty » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 1:59 pm

zeroneox wrote:
Fatty wrote:

Best regards

Stress Person
3.40AM cant sleep [-o<
thanks i think it page 2 right? the one about do our math ourself... it is?
lol! ya thats the one. i do my maths already the amt nt tat much. agree? :D

jiahuipiggy
Regular
Regular

Post by jiahuipiggy » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 2:15 pm

not much mehz? ok mahz...

C

Post by C » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 3:21 pm

hafiz_ wrote:c, there really is a passage for malays as well? cuz i was reading the other cx thread and i remember someone saying that for other languages, the interviewer will like ask you to introduce your hp's basic functions in your mother tongue and they will have that verified. i hope there really really is a passage in malay. cuz my malay kinda sucks. lol.

If your Malay sucks, why do you hope there is a passage in Malay?

But anyway, language test (passage reading) is only for those who go through to the next round. Yes, they have many passages in many Asian languages. They will ask you what language you prefer. Don't have to worry.

If you choose language other than Mandarin and Cantonese, for example Malay, you have to do introduction in Malay. And when they ask you question in English, you have to reply in Malay. All your answers will be recorded. This is the language test. You must make it sound like you're very good at that language because most of the interviewers at this round only understands Mandarin, Cantonese and English.

Once you're done with Language Test, you will proceed to a room for one/two-to-one interview. This round is the same as management round in SQ interview. If they like you, you will be asked to go for medical check-up, which means Welcome to Cathay Pacific!

Good luck, everyone!
Last edited by C on Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

adluvalex
Regular
Regular

Post by adluvalex » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:01 pm

C wrote:
hafiz_ wrote:c, there really is a passage for malays as well? cuz i was reading the other cx thread and i remember someone saying that for other languages, the interviewer will like ask you to introduce your hp's basic functions in your mother tongue and they will have that verified. i hope there really really is a passage in malay. cuz my malay kinda sucks. lol.

If your Malay sucks, why do you hope there is a passage in Malay?

But anyway, language test (passage reading) is only when you go through to the next round. Yes, they have many passages in many Asian languages. Before you are asked you to read, they will ask you what language you prefer. Don't have to worry.

And also, if you select language other than Mandarin and Cantonese, for example Malay, you have to do introduction in Malay. And when they ask you question in English, you have to reply in Malay. All your answers will be recorded. This is the language test. You must make it sound like you're very good at that language because normally the interviewer at this round only understands Mandarin, Cantonese and English.

Once you're done with Language Test, you will proceed to a room for one-to-one interview. This round is the same as management round in SQ interview. If they want you, you will be asked to go for medical check-up, which means Welcome to Cathay Pacific!

Good luck, everyone!
so this is conducted on first or second day??

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sat, 08 Mar 2008 1:48 am

c, i'm hoping there will be a passage in malay cuz for me to actually converse in malay impromptuly will be quite a disaster. unless they could allow me to speak french. but i wouldnt know since they specified asian language?

iwannefly, i dont quite know. haha. i've still got 20 more days before my 3 months ban is up!