Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 9:53 am

Hi intoxicating,

apologies for the late reply. Yes, I am still pinning hopes to join SQ, and will try again this walk in recruitment. Plavt is right, you will never know until you try. My figure is almost same as you, just that I am 172cm. :) Hope to see you on that day & receive good news from you!! :)

jellybean08

Post by jellybean08 » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 2:40 pm

hello everyone !
i am interested in gg for march interview ... btw , does anyone know the current length of the bond ? someone told me its only a yr .. .. jus wonderin if its true ..

divine_genie

Post by divine_genie » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 3:46 pm

4months+18months bond

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 4:08 pm

divine_genie wrote:congrats mantaro, streets and jiakel! Finally got the call from Mary. Am still waiting.. Super gan cheong lor.. :roll:
dont worry k genie! im sure mary will call you soon! at least by end of the week or something ya

divine_genie

Post by divine_genie » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 4:12 pm

hopefully her call will come soon.. haven't been able to sleep well. :( But thanks! Good luck for yr training and keep us posted yr starting date :D

myfairlady

Post by myfairlady » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 6:01 pm

Miz wrote:Is there anyone here working as a cabin crew and studying part time degree at the same time?
I am taking a part time degree .. and am planning to go for the 16th March interview.

Not sure if I can really cope with it both...

I dont wanna defer my studies. I wanna get it done and over with..

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 7:18 pm

myfairlady wrote:
Miz wrote:Is there anyone here working as a cabin crew and studying part time degree at the same time?
I am taking a part time degree .. and am planning to go for the 16th March interview.

Not sure if I can really cope with it both...

I dont wanna defer my studies. I wanna get it done and over with..
if i'm not wrong, there are a handful of crews working while studying. BUT its gonna be very tedious and all that. firstly, how r u going to attend classes at STC 8-5 everyday for 4 months?
its good to join after u complete your studies i guess. easier for u, easier for company to schedule your flights too. =)
the world at your doorstep.

Trinitrophenol

Post by Trinitrophenol » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:13 pm

crystalheart wrote:
On my 7th attempt I got in so don't be discouraged. Now i've been flyin for more than a year. This guy provided me help and i sailed thru' the interviews.He is real magic!
thanks crystal and jiakel! Will be in touch with him for more info!
would try out for the 16th march interview! *excited*

Would guys need to try out the uniforms too?

jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:22 pm

Trinitrophenol wrote:
crystalheart wrote:
On my 7th attempt I got in so don't be discouraged. Now i've been flyin for more than a year. This guy provided me help and i sailed thru' the interviews.He is real magic!
thanks crystal and jiakel! Will be in touch with him for more info!
would try out for the 16th march interview! *excited*

Would guys need to try out the uniforms too?
hey no prob! best of luck for the coming interview and hope to hear good news from u! =) guys dont need to try the uniforms.. as far as i know :)

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:22 pm

Trinitrophenol, for the second round, guys will not be made to try on the uniform. you'll just be walking towards the interview who's a few metres away. thereafter she'll ask you some basic questions which is when she'll check your appearance, hair, teeth etc. hope that helps!

intoxicating

Post by intoxicating » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:28 am

hi higgledy,
din know you are so tall as well~!! :D hmm i dun think i will be going for the march recruitment yet.. gotta wait till my braces and diploma are ending. dun tink they will wan FA with braces lol.. anyway nice to hear from u. gd luck for your interview this coming march~!! anymore tips for mi yea? hope to hear from you soon. :D

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 9:33 am

Hi intoxicating,

when are you gg to remove your braces? I wore braces b4 too & you will not regret it after you see the results.

Anyway you can PM me though, cos I realised you have only 3 posts in the forum & you will not be able to view PM sent to you. :)

Thaks alot & hopefully, I'd be able to make it this time!!

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:31 am

16 March is getting nearer.... Good luck to those who are going... All the best for your interview... =D

Finally.... One more month to go and i clear my 3 months ban.... ^^ Can't wait for the april interview.... hopefully it don land on the days when i'm overseas...

May everyone in this forum wish come true... Jia you!!!
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:35 am

don't get dishearted guys!
i got in on my 10th attempt.
:)
*smile always

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:51 pm

how i wish i can go for the 16march one...=( still under ban...best wishes to those going on 16 march...=)