Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jiakel
Regular
Regular

Post by jiakel » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:07 am

i got the call from mary too! this morning =) but i still gotta confirm the date with her. but probably i'd be starting 1st june 'cos of my final year project submission. anyone around the same time?

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:44 am

chocolatte wrote:nope.. i'll be starting training on 24th march... :D
anyone same?
me! just received the call about 15mins ago. anyone else?

mantaro43

Post by mantaro43 » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:17 pm

chocolatte wrote:nope.. i'll be starting training on 24th march... :D
anyone same?

i just received the call this morning... i am starting on the 24th of march too....foooo the wait finally come to an end....

to those still waiting for the result, dont worry ur time will come....just dont tink abt it too much....

pamie
Regular
Regular

Post by pamie » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 1:20 pm

hm... i have an old scar on my arm.. above the wrist.. :( can vit e help to get rid of it? it's a few yrs already...
~ pamie pamie pamie ~

chocolatte

Post by chocolatte » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 1:23 pm

just some info on questions asked..

when i went for my round 1 interview, my question was : What is your motivation in life?
this question shocked me a little, thus i had some trouble answering it..

during my round 3 interview, i was given quite a few scenerio questions..like
1) what if your senior's laziness caused the whole team the slack down in their work, and your superior demands an explanation.. would you complain about the senior?
2) what if some one touches you when you are serving them some food/drinks?

something like that...
also i was asked to describe my character and strengths, and how these traits can be put into use in SIA..

perhaps u guys going for the 16th march interview can prepare yourselves to these questions in case they are being asked. =D good luck!

pamie
Regular
Regular

Post by pamie » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 1:27 pm

chocolatte wrote:just some info on questions asked..

when i went for my round 1 interview, my question was : What is your motivation in life?

1) what if your senior's laziness caused the whole team the slack down in their work, and your superior demands an explanation.. would you complain about the senior?

something like that...
also i was asked to describe my character and strengths, and how these traits can be put into use in SIA..

perhaps u guys going for the 16th march interview can prepare yourselves to these questions in case they are being asked. =D good luck!
wow.. these kinda questions are kind tricky.. based on each person's personality and perspective.. :( dun tink i can handle them well enuff yet...
~ pamie pamie pamie ~

mantaro43

Post by mantaro43 » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 1:40 pm

well for that round 3....me and a couple of my friend werent asked the situational based question.....the trick was to keep on talking and talking and talking......she wont have time to asked that situational based question.... i was still talking when she handed me the passage to read it....;p

pamie
Regular
Regular

Post by pamie » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 1:53 pm

mantaro43 wrote:well for that round 3....me and a couple of my friend werent asked the situational based question.....the trick was to keep on talking and talking and talking......she wont have time to asked that situational based question.... i was still talking when she handed me the passage to read it....;p
trick was to juz yak non stop? hm... but wads the topic on? i meant.. how did you manage to drag it for so long..
~ pamie pamie pamie ~

divine_genie

Post by divine_genie » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 2:17 pm

congrats mantaro, streets and jiakel! Finally got the call from Mary. Am still waiting.. Super gan cheong lor.. :roll:

mantaro43

Post by mantaro43 » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 2:21 pm

coz initially they will ask general questions like family background, work exp, why join SIA, what u noe abt SIA, bla bla bla....

WING

Post by WING » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 7:15 pm

[quote="chocolatte"]just some info on questions asked..

quote]

wha... chocolate how do u ans the 2 qns aove?? give politically correct answer or answers that u think are right?

chocolatte

Post by chocolatte » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 9:05 pm

WING wrote: wha... chocolate how do u ans the 2 qns aove?? give politically correct answer or answers that u think are right?
hi WING, i gave answers that i felt were correct.

for the 1st qn, i told the interviewer that i would first try to speak to the senior, maybe theres sth bothering her , thus the slack in her work...

the interviewer seemed convinced, but he still asked if i would complain her to the superior if she continues to be slacking and lazy..

i said i would not pin point who, but would explain the situation to the superior.

for the 2nd question, i said i would just apologise and walk off, and i would notify my superior on board, and warn the rest of the crew..

thats abt it.. pretty vague answers, but i think the most important thing is to be confident of your ans, cos if u are nt convinced that its hard to convince the interviewer too. :D

pamie
Regular
Regular

Post by pamie » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:11 pm

chocolatte wrote:
WING wrote: wha... chocolate how do u ans the 2 qns aove?? give politically correct answer or answers that u think are right?
hi WING, i gave answers that i felt were correct.

for the 1st qn, i told the interviewer that i would first try to speak to the senior, maybe theres sth bothering her , thus the slack in her work...

the interviewer seemed convinced, but he still asked if i would complain her to the superior if she continues to be slacking and lazy..

i said i would not pin point who, but would explain the situation to the superior.

for the 2nd question, i said i would just apologise and walk off, and i would notify my superior on board, and warn the rest of the crew..

thats abt it.. pretty vague answers, but i think the most important thing is to be confident of your ans, cos if u are nt convinced that its hard to convince the interviewer too. :D
hm.. so meaning that answers from the heart matters more than juz the "right" answer?
~ pamie pamie pamie ~

Miz

Post by Miz » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:44 pm

Is there anyone here working as a cabin crew and studying part time degree at the same time?

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:59 pm

pamie wrote: hm.. so meaning that answers from the heart matters more than juz the "right" answer?
To be precise, answering the right answer from your heart matters more than just answering any answer you have in your heart or just answering the right answer. Just put yourself in the interviewers' shoes, if you were them, what kind of answer would convince you that this interviewee is the right person for the job. :)
And so my journey begins... :)