10 Mar: Free Pastries - Air flown direct from HongKong/Macau

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
yayapapaya
Regular
Regular

10 Mar: Free Pastries - Air flown direct from HongKong/Macau

Post by yayapapaya » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:51 am

Dear friends,

Thanks for making our leap year@ Esplanade event (29 Feb 2008) such a success!! It was really great meeting everyone :D

We had a whopping turnout of 20 people from different corners of the world - Germany, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, USA and even Pakistan! Pardon me if I missed out something cos I was overwhelmed with the turnout :shock:

As promised, I'm organizing another gathering on 10th March. And this time, I'll be bringing in Pastries direct from Hongkong and Macau.. yes yes.. think famous Almond cookies from Macau :D

Here are the details:
(If you're a facebook member, you can join the group to be updated for future events. If you'd like to fly under the radar, just register a facebook account, put in a nickname instead of real name, and join the group so you can be updated on our activities without revealing your real identity.)

Event: HK Pastries - Air flown direct from Hong Kong

For more info :
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=12900265790

I'll be back from HK on the 9th March. So, will organise another gathering on the 10th March.

Be prepared for all the HK munchies/cookies/pastries that I'll be bringing over. (including famous Almond cookies from Macau)

If you like to try pastries direct from HK/Macau, or if you miss the pastries back home, join us on this special night where I'll bring munchies/pastries direct from HK/Macau !

Bring your empty stomach and sweet tooth!!!

Organizer(s):
Gabriel Kang - (+65 9383 0220 / +852 6694 7155)
Jewel Fong - (+65 9108 0034)

Date: Mon 10 Mar 2008
Time: 7.00pm - 9.00pm

Cost:
HK Pastries/Cookies that I brought in from HK will be FREE
Depends on the drinks & snacks (or dinner) you order (Between S$4-S$15)
NB: If we have a turnout of more than 15 pax, the cafe bill will be split equally. Unless someone wanna volunteer to calculate the separate bill for everyone.

Venue:
Causeway Bay Cafe 铜锣湾茶餐厅
32 Liang Seah Street

Directions:

By Train
Bugis MRT Station
Exit Towards Bugis Junction,
Walk towards North Bridge Road, Cross over to Liang Seah Street

By Bus
Bus numbers: 145, 175, 197, 32, 51, 61, 63, 7, 80, 851
Alight at NORTH BRIDGE COMMERCIAL COMPLEX on North Bridge Road and walk to Liang Seah Street

Map:

Meeting Point:
(For those who aren't sure how to get to the Cafe)
Bugis MRT Station at 6.45pm, please call Jewel @ 9108 0034 if you are unable to identify the group or if you are going to be late.

Additional Notes:

Organized by
[SGLCEC] Singapore Language & Cultural Exchange Club
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10573296577

hh

Post by hh » Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:19 am

sounds great...heehee... :D

yayapapaya
Regular
Regular

I'm in HK !!!

Post by yayapapaya » Sat, 08 Mar 2008 1:08 am

Hehe.. yup yup.. it'll be great if you can RSVP on my facebook event if you're turning up??

I have no idea how many will be coming, but I'll just try to bring extra pastries.. the last event, I had only 6 RSVPs, but 20 people came.. so.. hmm.. lol..

And yes.. I'm still in HK right now.. will be popping by the pastry shops tomorrow after my yum cha session with my hk friends.. :D

Cheers,
Jewel