Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Mabchewy

Post by Mabchewy » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 7:25 pm

a forum is more of a place for discussion and clearing of doubts.. its wasnt even an advice..it was more of a discussion(regarding the topic ive post) . if u wan tok about sarcasm.. believe it or not, i can accept it..but the reason why im arguing back is why the need of sarcasm in this forum? nobody needs that in this forum... work wise, perhaps sarcasm is needed especially when ure asking something stupid and something so obvious..

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 8:24 pm

queenie-me wrote:if you want to join MI, you better be prepared for alot of sarcastic remarks from senior crew. It's not a heaven's place there. - I can bet you 100%.
I second that.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 8:44 pm

Mabchewy wrote:if u wan tok about sarcasm.. believe it or not, i can accept it..but the reason why im arguing back is why the need of sarcasm in this forum? nobody needs that in this forum... work wise, perhaps sarcasm is needed especially when ure asking something stupid and something so obvious..
Welcome to the new world babe. You don't know what you are getting yourself into when you join an airline.
You think the seniors are nice? You think they won't even give sarcasm even if you do something right?

I don't think so you know what you are getting yourself into.
For example: In a flight, even if you do something that you were taught in class, and you went onboard and do what you were taught. - You think the seniors will shut up? You are WRONG!
You can ask singaporegrrl about it. She also know how difficult to survive in MI.

Many girls, resign because of it. Most of them, resign after a few flights. There's one case, when a girl went for her FIRST OJT flight, the next lesson, she tender her resignation.

You can say here that if you do something right, or don't ask stupid question will put you safe from sarcasm. But from the true fact, you don't even know what you are getting yourself into. All I can say is WELCOME TO AVIATION!

mikoliicia
Regular
Regular

Post by mikoliicia » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 9:21 pm

Mabchewy wrote:a forum is more of a place for discussion and clearing of doubts.. its wasnt even an advice..it was more of a discussion(regarding the topic ive post) . if u wan tok about sarcasm.. believe it or not, i can accept it..but the reason why im arguing back is why the need of sarcasm in this forum? nobody needs that in this forum... work wise, perhaps sarcasm is needed especially when ure asking something stupid and something so obvious..

nice one Mabchewy, now tat you knw this forum is nth much more then jus sarcasm just read what those ppl say, don even bother to ask them cus you will end up being screw .. maybe you really can take all those sarcasm but you know ... someone ppl cant thats why they QUIT , but there are still girls surviving on for years . :)
❤ :: misses ::

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 10:41 pm

mikoliicia wrote: nice one Mabchewy, now tat you knw this forum is nth much more then jus sarcasm just read what those ppl say, don even bother to ask them cus you will end up being screw .. maybe you really can take all those sarcasm but you know ... someone ppl cant thats why they QUIT , but there are still girls surviving on for years . :)
:roll:

valeberry
Regular
Regular

Post by valeberry » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:05 pm

What is MI?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:19 pm

valeberry wrote:What is MI?
By now, you should have known what SQ, MI, TR, 3K, VF, just to name a few, are. Anyways they are all from Singapore.

Mabchewy

Post by Mabchewy » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:56 pm

thx micoliicia...if they prefer answering with sarcasm.. i rather they not reply at all..don even know whats their purpose of their mean attitude..

i was thinking what if i really got in and am able to survive thru everything.. i just cant wait to come back to tell the other gers that working as a cabin crew isnt bad after all..maybe its just that they cant withstand all the pressure .. afterall..im sure there's other things much more pressurising than being a cabin crew.

but if im unable to withstand.. i will haf to agree wif them.. but of course..not come back here n make mean comments like how they do...instead, give encouraging advices to other gerls out there

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 12:16 am

Mabchewy wrote:.maybe its just that they cant withstand all the pressure .. afterall..im sure there's other things much more pressurising than being a cabin crew.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Some of those you are referring to are already cabin crew, have been for some time and are are about to join other airlines. :o

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 12:18 am

Plavt wrote:
Mabchewy wrote:.maybe its just that they cant withstand all the pressure .. afterall..im sure there's other things much more pressurising than being a cabin crew.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Some of those you are referring to are already cabin crew, have been for some time and are are about to join other airlines. :o
In fact, already have!

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 12:33 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
Plavt wrote:

In fact, already have!
They are refering to themselves, I bet.

Choco K.

Post by Choco K. » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 2:49 pm

Hey! Good job to all girls who hv made it thru the interviews and those who made to the final rounds and done with.. Its finally over & WE can finally sleep peacefully. haha Just with an unquiet mind as results only out on Mon. Hold on to your phones!!

But nevertheless, nice meeting u all ladies. Most prob there will be 1 interview coming up next week.. Be sure to be there!! :)

Mabchewy

Post by Mabchewy » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:15 pm

u mean there's another interview for those hu made in for the management round????

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:38 pm

Mabchewy wrote:u mean there's another interview for those hu made in for the management round????
No... I bet she meant, for those who didn't make it at all.
Not to my surprise, there are going to be alot of recruitment in Silkair.
Well.. Good luck to all
Last edited by queenie-me on Thu, 06 Mar 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sqfanatic

Post by sqfanatic » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 8:20 pm

Hi to all, I had been readin alot of pgs in the SIA cabin crew thread for the past few weeks (cos there's 1000 over pgs), and didnt realise that there are other threads abt other airlines!! Heh!! Silly mi!! I had been able to successfully contain my urge to post, until I stumble upon tis thread. So for my maiden post, I would like to say that I really agree with queenie-me and singaporegrrl that it's difficult to survive in MI. I was from MI briefly, and felt that nowhere can be worse!! On top of a roster that sucks every energy out of you as far as the law allows, you gotta face bitchy seniors who's attitude chges faster than the weather, they definitely wont think twice in talkin bad abt you to other crew, and wont hesitate to put you down until you feel that you are incompetently hopeless to work wif. An incident that happens today will reach everyones' ears the next day, gals bein gossip worshipper!! Along with all these crap, you dont even get the consolation of bein able to 'see the world', cos the only thing u'll see is a view of the airport through the windows of the aircraft, while you busy yourself with tryin to recycle the papers!! ](*,) And that is still not the worst oh!! The worst thing is how much they publicise the fact that they are sister co. with SIA during interviews, trying to deceive every1 into thinkin that its easy to crossover, when its absolutely NOT true lor!! :mad:

Anyway, that bein said, Mabchewy, dun take what they had said to heart, cos they just wanna set things straight, gossips can spread like wildfire, and before you know it, everybody's version of your sentence would have been twisted. And like what you've said, to each of his own, a man's medicine may be another's poison. That's why some are able to survive for 10 over years. You maybe 1 of them, who knows, but gettin a rough idea of what your future working environment would be like, is never a bad idea rite? :wink: