Singapore Expats

Favourite food in Singapore ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Rich D » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:12 pm

I must say I was disappointed by all the Mongolian bbq's I went to in Singapore. Not one of them had a pit big enough to cook a whole Mongolian.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

yenlin2207

Re: Favourite food in Singapore ?

Post by yenlin2207 » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:45 pm

isabelle85 wrote:Hello,

Is there any of your favourite local food that you guys will like to have in your own country, which cannot be found in your country? eg, Satay, chilli crabs, BBQ sliced pork, pineapple tarts, kaya with eggs? :D I am trying to compile a list for future use, please help!

Hi everyone! Thanks for your reply! We are actually doing a project on exporting a food product to a foreign country. A food product in which it does not exist in your country now or there are no close substitutes for it at all. So:
1. Please state your home country in ur reply
2. You may list more than one local food item that you like
3. You may also come up with a completely new dish/food item that you would like to see in your country.

Thank you so much!!!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Favourite food in Singapore ?

Post by ksl » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:50 pm

yenlin2207 wrote:

Is there any of your favourite local food that you guys will like to have in your own country, which cannot be found in your country? eg, Satay, chilli crabs, BBQ sliced pork, pineapple tarts, kaya with eggs? :D I am trying to compile a list for future use, please help!

Hi everyone! Thanks for your reply! We are actually doing a project on exporting a food product to a foreign country. A food product in which it does not exist in your country now or there are no close substitutes for it at all. So:
3. You may also come up with a completely new dish/food item that you would like to see in your country.

Thank you so much!!!
:shock: :o

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 12:05 am

I have a good mind to lock this thread and block both of your accounts. Please do your surveys somewhere else as we do not entertain them here.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 12:21 am

ok, one last one before you lock it...

kaki ayam :P

pollyminaz

Post by pollyminaz » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 3:47 pm

Hmmm anybody interested in durians?

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Superglide » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 4:34 am

Sms, please chill out bro, you are really taking this forum way too serious at times. :cry:

This thread is about as authentic Singapore style as it can get, talking about (singapore) food.

If it benefits OP, so what.

[-X
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 11:14 am

Superglide wrote:Sms, please chill out bro, you are really taking this forum way too serious at times. :cry:

This thread is about as authentic Singapore style as it can get, talking about (singapore) food.

If it benefits OP, so what.

[-X
Did anybody pull your chain? Did you see the thread locked? Speaking out of turn yet again I'd say. [-X

I also like the thread but when the OP & friend start asking for more and more information then it's time to warn them. [-(
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

isabelle85

Post by isabelle85 » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 8:15 pm

Hello,

I hope you don't close down this thread, just wanted to compile a list for my future use next time. I was already using this forum since december and was thinking I am gonna miss Spore food after I become a cabin crew..haha. And intro some good food to foreigner friends since I love travelling and have made many friends overseas. They are all curious about Spore as they have heard much good comments about the food here and some even complained why some local brands have not reached their country.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 9:06 pm

isabelle85,

Do you think I have a wool cap pulled down over my eyes? Then how do you explain this:
yenlin2207 wrote:

Thank you so much!!!
Treading on thin ice I think......

isabelle85

Post by isabelle85 » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:12 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:isabelle85,

Mine was the 1st thread, please bear in mind. Look at things from other perspective, and maybe you will get another meaning from the same situation.

You can do what you want to this topic, just don't block me from the cabin crew forum as I may need help from friends there next time. Thanks.

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cutiebutie » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 9:41 am

isabelle85 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:isabelle85,

You can do what you want to this topic, just don't block me from the cabin crew forum as I may need help from friends there next time. Thanks.
How pathetic and self-centred.
- Thank God for Darwin -

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 9:00 pm

How come the food at the hawker centres is always cold? If I wanted cold food I'd buy a salad .....what's with this I've been told to ask if it's "syo?" I think phonetic Mandarin for 'hot ' ? Mm it's all funny peculiar to me....
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:12 pm

ozchick wrote:How come the food at the hawker centres is always cold? If I wanted cold food I'd buy a salad .....what's with this I've been told to ask if it's "syo?" I think phonetic Mandarin for 'hot ' ? Mm it's all funny peculiar to me....
where got cold la. what food you order? or maybe your hawker centre got air-cond?

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 12:31 pm

I never buy the "ready-made" foods at hawker centres because a) they could have been sitting for ages and b) they are only heated by the lights, it seems.

I always get food that is cooked and fresh....... then it's hot.